It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Byrd urges whites to vote and "push for power"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Anti-discrimination and equal treatment laws in the U.S. from the onset were written to promote and encourage discrimination from minorities towards the majority.

Okay now no matter what this is patently FALSE. from the onset they were written to give minorities a chance in circumstances where they were disadvantaged by the minority far more than could ever be reasonable in the circumstances and proportions that existed. Do you know anything about Jim Crow laws? How about "literacy tests"? Those were the sorts of things combated by anti-discrimination laws. Are you saying that literacy tests instituted as they were in the southern states are totally okay?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
Why is that when a back man addresses other black men and encourages them to rally the votes in their neighborhoods it's viewed by some as racist. Yet, when a white man addresses a white audience and encourages the same thing it's not considered racist but merely a campaign to get the votes.

I think the idea of a president who is addressing a group that is predominantly of one race or another is not the issue. The issue is the addressing a group of people who are gathered together BECAUSE of their race is the issue.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I got the idea from one of the comments from the original story.

Kinda got em all in a twist didn't I?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

S and F for you my friend.....awesome thread and idea. Unfortunately, we'll still only see excuses for Obama, yet I think Punisher75 summed it up on here perfectly, kind of hard to dispute what they stated.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I got the idea from one of the comments from the original story.

Kinda got em all in a twist didn't I?

I realize that the Internet is anonymous and dispersonal and all that. And that tone is very difficult to convey through the written word...

But I can assure you that I am nowhere near "in a twist".

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

reply to post by Hefficide

Nice attempt to take out the Black Caucus component.

There is nothing to take out. There is nothing wrong with a President rallying members of his party to fire up constituents. Did not know there was a Black Party now? What is the name of it?

Yes, the story itself could be considered the problem, maybe on purpose?

On purpose? As in giving the Tea Party yet another angle of attack? Who knows, have you read any of the comments on the article? Or, maybe because the loony author have just painted themselves into a corner.

But no one else could get away with it and you KNOW it.

Get away with what exactly?

Telling congressmen to get voters motivated to get to the polls?
Dealing with members of the black caucus?
Using the word "church"?
Using the word "barber shop"?
Being President?

My point is, I don't even see the issue here, much less the reason to complain about it. As corrupt as politicians are there has to be better material to kvetch about than this.

edit on 9/19/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

Yes, of course you do not see anything wrong with the article, but you see a Tea Party get together with 79% white people (country is 73% by the way) and you call it a racist organization. Yeah okay, feign idiocy.

edit on 19-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

The whole logical reasoning behind anti-discrimination and equal treatment laws are to treat all people equally and with zero discrimination. The laws as they have been written from day one have not done this. They have just replaced one discrimination with another through quotas and other imposed benchmarks. Jim Crowe laws and literacy tests the way they were administered was bad, and needed to be ended. But what we got was just as bad.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
this isnt racist. he would say the same thing to a room full of whites or mexicans or whoever.
hes just trying to get votes.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I don't believe I've ever called the tea party a racist entity. Now if you'd have said that I called them a bunch of shortsighted people who are fanatically pursuing fascism because Glenn Beck tells them that it will taste a lot like freedom.. that I'd cop to.

Xenophobic? Sure, I'd cop to that one as well.

But I don't think I ever said across the board racist.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Well, Obama changed that to Typical white person clinging to their guns and bible you know.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Well I don't think I ever said it across the board.

What does that mean? You said it was generally a racist organization, or maybe there are a lot of racists in it, or maybe that there seems to be quite a few racists in the movement?

Do you need a shovel? You seem to be digging yourself quite a hole.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Well I don't think I ever said it across the board.

What does that mean? You said it was generally a racist organization, or maybe there are a lot of racists in it, or maybe that there seems to be quite a few racists in the movement?

Do you need a shovel? You seem to be digging yourself quite a hole.

A hole?

That's fun. And the fact that you simply stating it will cause a couple of impressionable people to actually buy into it is even more entertaining. But most people can and do think for themselves so I don't worry much about character attacks.

I used an open ended non-definitive because I have had racial arguments on ATS with people who represented themselves with the Tea Party.

So my phrasing was reflective of them and not necessarily of the monster that is being created and guided by Palin and Beck.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
NO there is NO WHITE CAUCAS without pointy hats...

THERE IS ALSO NO AMERICAN CAUCASIAN COLLEGE FUND!!!

THERE IS ALSO NO CAUCASIAN MALE MANDATORY EMPLOYMENT QUOTAS

THERE IS ALSO NO FEDERALLY FUNDED URGENT CARE IF YOU ARE A CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY
(Illegals get their ER tabs picked up by the rest of us) While you and i as citizens cannot even file BANKRUPTCY TO GET RELIEF FROM THE MOST CRUSHINGLY EXPENSIVE INDUSTRY THERE IS

WHITE PEOPLE AND 5TH OR 6TH GENERATION AMERICANS OF ANY COLOR DON'T PROFESS LOYALTY TO OR FLY THE FLAGS OF THE NATIONS THEY ARE FROM OVER THE FLAG OF THE NATION THEY LIVE IN!!!! (HELPFUL HINT : WHAT THE AVERAGE AMERICAN IS ANGRY ABOUT IS THE LACK OF ASSIMILATION NOT YOUR SKIN COLOR!!!)

if you need help with the definition of assimilation google is your friend!!!

if you are roped into the stupid progressive white guilt parade ... so sorry you have the intellectual horsepower of a big wheel at your disposal but quit ruining things for everyone ELSE!!!

There is nothing RACIST WRONG or IMMORAL about not only expecting but standing up and DEMANDING that those wishing to live here and be a part of OUR SOCIETY ADAPT to US!!! It is not our jobs nor our duty nor our moral imperative to make our country more like theirs so they'll feel at home!! THey left for a reason

FURTHER it is not RACIST WRONG or IMMORAL to DEMAND EQUAL access to funding benefits and employment no matter what race creed color or etc you are.... AFFIRMATIVE action IS REVERSE RACISM paying for people who do not pay taxes and usually send every penny earned that does not go to basic needs back to the nation they intend to return to (LUCKY FOR THEM Food Stamps WIC various scholarships welfare and medical are all tabs we THE PEOPLE pay for them ... it frees up lots more money for them to send out of the country.)

In closing by buying into any of these things by being an apologist or by in ANY WAY on ANY ISSUE setting one standard for one group and another for a separate one you are CONTINUING the FALLACY that skin color or nation of origin or amount of money you had growing up makes some people fundamentally MORE CAPABLE than others!!!!

Every person CHOOSES what they are going to make of their lives it is not our job Nor should they expect MORE CAPABLE or DESERVING people to make way for them because of some supposed ADVANTAGE the other had growing up....

HANDICAPPING IS FOR BOOKIES and Dirty divisive politics

Call me a racist and I;ll take you clean off your feet

because as my grandma once told me I'm not racist I hate everybody!!
What she meant by that is there rich poor straight gay male female catholic protestant white brown black and asian MORONS and she despises all of them as do I

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Nice rant!

Now what the Hell does it have to do with the President talking to the black caucus?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
it was Larry Bird who said that. he is saying the white man needs to take back basketball.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Now you are calling them monsters, jeez, bigot against big people too.

Sorry, couldn't help it. Must be my bigotry against big government types, that want a nanny state that takes my rights.

Okay, I will quit trying to provoke you. Time to watch the Packers kick some...........

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
One last thing before I sign off.

I think the article itself, the way it was worded, caused the problem. Read it again and you tell me it is not ignorant.

And then read the one I wrote. I only changed the black and white component plus the hopey changey thing.

No, it is completely obvious. Those that cannot see it are lying or completely oblivious to their own double standard.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I don't believe I've ever called the tea party a racist entity. Now if you'd have said that I called them a bunch of shortsighted people who are fanatically pursuing fascism because Glenn Beck tells them that it will taste a lot like freedom.. that I'd cop to.

Xenophobic? Sure, I'd cop to that one as well.

But I don't think I ever said across the board racist.

Wondering can you define Fascist?

1.) Lowering the Minimum voting age to 18the age of representatives to 25 and universal suffrage including for women.

2.) The Abolition of the senate and the the creation of a national technical council on intellectual and manual labor industry commerce and culture.

3.) End of the Draft.

4.) Repeal titles of nobility.

5.) The Prompt enactment of a state law sanctioning a legal workday of 8 actual hours of work for all workers.

6.) A minimum wage.

7.) The creation of various government bodies run by workers representatives.

8.) reform of the old age and pension system and the establishment of age limits for hazardes work.

9.) Forcing landowners to cultivate their lands or have them expropriated and given to veterans and farmers cooperatives.

10.) The obligation of the state to build rigidly secular schools for the proletariat's moral and cultural condition.

11.) A large progressive tax on capital that would amount to a one time partial expropriation of all riches.

12.) The seizure of all goods belonging to religious congregations and the abolition of episcopal revenues.

13.) The review of all military contracts and the sequestration of 85% of all war profits.

14.) The Nationalization of all arms and explosive industries.

Does any of the above sound like the agenda of the Political right? The above is the program from the Faci di Combattimento in Milan wanting to form a popular front of pro war leftist. Wanna know who was one of the founders?
Mussolini the Father of Fascism on march 23 1919.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ya know something.......if you had said Beck said this, it would be the top story for a week, off topic and all of the usual suspect/apologists would have been here foaming at the mouth. As it is, it will die slowly, as the messiah can't be held responsible for the ret of us racists people who only grasp at his supposed racism......kinda telling.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
my rant as you put it has EVERYTHING to do with the speech. Obama is a force of divisiveness and a perfect example of how racism has become the white man's disease. He and every other non white political or media figure can say and advocate things that would have the minorities and white guilt apologists up in arms calling FOR BLOOD if ANY WHITE MAN WERE CAUGHT ADVOCATING SOMETHING SIMILAR.

Clear enough Kimosabe?

or do I need to speak more slowly?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join