It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iran detains seven U.S. troops trying to enter country

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by Thepreye

Ah, by the rst of the world do you mean those that curse us, then beg us for help time and time again. We seem to be the only country held accoun table for any and everything, despised by everyone, and yet we are the first you beg for help.........if you don't like America, fine, but realize what the world would be without us.

My bad lingua I meant like I admit the UK does bad things for bad reasons, being rich especially by thievery doesn't make a country right, oh boy do I realise what the world could be if you were different or none existent. Chill a little and climb down off that high horse.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

If it helps you I'll say the UK since the Norman takeover has done many many more bad things than the US, in fact I bet our guys were walking down from Canada to blow up the odd bridge before you had a standing army, see it's easy to admit your country does wrong it is after all just the elite playing their psycho games with us.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Hey, I knew it was a lie the instant it was posted.

If soldiers actually entered Iran and were captured, it would never make the news for one thing.

The US government would deny it especially if they were special ops. Cannot let the public know what is going on.

As for my post, I was just making a comparison of what happens when ANYONE enters the US illegally. Hell, if they were jihadists they would be welcomed with open arms. Heck, they could probably get work for a senator or president.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
reply to post by infinite

Thanks for the alert, as it's twitter is it positive the detainees are armed forces as lots of hikers wear mil surplus gear, any explosives they may have been carrying could have been for clearing landslides they might encounter and weapons would be for be for bears and such.

>> Is this post meant to have a /sarcasm tag?

Why would anyone go into a nation the US has a hostile footing with in surplus military gear and stuff any gear remotely weapons-oriented?

I think bears and landslides are less of a problem than the Government for a US camper.

>> Sorry, I'm sure this is an obvious LOL -- but you never know.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
PREDICTION: Troops get released after lots of media fanfare.

>> I just hope this doesn't get hyped into anything (but hey, our media and Iran seem made for each other). To me, the US and Iranian rivalry seems MOSTLY to be posturing, so that the Iranian mullah's can keep the populace afraid. I think that seems to be the role of much of the international antagonism except for developing countries that are getting resources stolen (like Darfour and certain latin American countries). It's the only thing that explains their Presidents threatening rants to the US.

North Korea serves the role to scare Japanese people into keeping US bases.

Columbia helps destroy unions and keep Venezuela in line.

Iran/Hezbullah/Hammas/Al Qaeda redirect anger and help Israel, Saudi Arabia and other nations keep their citizenry clutching to the authoritarians. Cheap labor and the military need the occasional threat. Mexico seems to be getting turned into "Palestine" for the USA. Reasonable people in Texas and Arizona aren't going to be on the TV talking about solutions, for instance.

>> My bet is that the troops entering Iran, are going to be released -- their purpose was either to lend support for Terrorist groups inside Iran, or just to make headlines. Much like the "ground Zero Mosque" in New York helps put headlines on Fox News so that Saudis can see how America wants to attack their religion. However, I haven't ready any details on this -- merely throwing in this comment as something to consider.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DazedDave
[

Huh? I'm not sure if you're just joking around or not, but northern Iran is heavily forested and has rain forests. And there are many bears in Iran...Mostly black bears.

:

A case of the Iman is a Muslim and bears live in the woods so saboteurs watch what you're treading in the smell could give you away!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Just because I haven't seen anyone post these:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.reuters.com...

www.indianexpress.com...

www.tehrantimes.com...

Apparently, the story was pulled as soon as it was posted. Tehran denies arresting anyone.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Both Iran and the Pentagon are denying that there are any detained soldiers, now. Barring further developments, I guess there is no cause for concern for the time being.
That's a relief.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by jerico65

As opposed to going to war with Iraq over invisible WMDs?

My, that was witty.

Well, then, Ace. I guess according to you and the budding rocket scientists that starred your wonderful post, it's OK if the Iranian government goes to war over this, since the US went to war with Iraq over "invisible WMDs"??

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This doesn't really suprise me too much, to be honest. Things seem to cycle a bit, and Obama is the closest thing we've had to Jimmy Carter since...Jimmy Carter.

Carter had the Iranian hostage situation hanging over his presidency, now maybe Obama's about to get his turn at it. What concerns me, though, is that we may not have a Reagan out there this time to save the day.

"Welcome Back, Carter!"

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Atomic Honey

I believe one of the reasons we're fighting over "there" is The Carter Doctrine, he was a good Pres with a crap post Vietnam army.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
reply to post by Atomic Honey

I believe one of the reasons we're fighting over "there" is The Carter Doctrine, he was a good Pres with a crap post Vietnam army.

Good President? He was the 20th Century's greatest monster!!

And "crap post-Vietnam Army"? Well, as Commander in Chief, don't you think Carter should have done something about it?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join