It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iran detains seven U.S. troops trying to enter country

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
War looming on the horizon is getting that bit closer...

Hizballah mobilizies for a coup in Beirut, backed by Iran and Syria

www.debka.com

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Iran should execute them, just as we should execute any troops illegally entering our country.

Get it over it guys, American's aren't the chosen ones so why should we get anymore leeway than any other country?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Sure ...,. BEARS? In IRAN? Oh, right, the heavily forested area of the border country in Iran, I forgot! lol. There can't possibly be any bears in Iran, I don't think there are any woods to crap in

I really hope your post was being faceitious or just anticipating the press conference given by the families of those captured.

Huh? I'm not sure if you're just joking around or not, but northern Iran is heavily forested and has rain forests. And there are many bears in Iran...Mostly black bears. There are also wolves, wild cats, and other animals you might encounter while hiking in the forest.

Not that I believe these are captured hikers or anything, but still...You make it sound like Iran is a big desert or something

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
it's propaganda from a SEMI-official news oganization.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This is HUGE news.

Do you know what that means?

Before the Iraq war started, Troops entered the country, scouted, and performed missions before the bombing begun.

Anyways.....

I seriously think it means war is closer than we think.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DazedDave

Not that I believe these are captured hikers or anything, but still...You make it sound like Iran is a big desert or something

A lot of Americans suck at geography, even though many of them have cable to watch the geographic channel. I mean common, I'm sure you seen those videos where Americans are asked to show Iraq on the map

Here's an interesting question, is Aladdin Persian or Arab??

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Probably just kids (our soldiers) drawn into smuggling. Have you noticed that Heroin use in America is at all time highs?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth
Can you say illegal immigrants?

Not quite...

What could one gain by sneaking into Iran and working under the table for a living. Sure there are covert operations to try and dismantle the gov't... it's not working tho. yet.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Taken from link:

"'Unfounded': Iran denies arresting 7 U.S. troops
Pentagon says no soldiers are missing near border, NBC News

"TEHRAN, Iran — Iran denied on Sunday that border guards had detained seven U.S. troops, calling the report "unfounded", the state-run English language Press TV said.
The country's Arabic language television al-Alam also quoted Iran's Revolutionary Guards, in charge of Iran's border security, as denying that any such incident had happened in the southeastern province of Sistan-Baluchestan.
A senior defense official told NBC News that no U.S. soldiers were missing in the area near the Iranian border. The official described it as a "false report."
Earlier, the semi-official Fars news agency had reported that the American troops had been arrested while trying to illegally enter the Islamic state.
"Recently seven American troops were detained by Iranian guards in a southeastern province of the country," Fars said. "Two Iranians accompanying the troops were also arrested."
"

Well, it filled up 5 pages of pure speculation rather quickly...

edit on 20-9-2010 by Heliocentric because: To get more Christmas presents

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Look, if the US is denying that any troops were seized by Iran, then guess what - IT NEVER HAPPENED.

End of story. I don't know why this thread didn't die on page 2 when it was revealed that this story is FAKE.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

thats crazy.. just propaganda and and embarrassment to Americans or anybody who gives a toss

i mean even if it were real and those guys went in they knew they were acting as criminals and expect to suffer the consequences. Iran are not at fault here and America should try and sweep it under the rug not have a public outcry to gain momentum for their war machine!

wake up people there is still so much doubt surrounding 9/11 then they went into Iraq on unproven accusations now this!?

why do we continue to elect greedy warmongers to ruin our lives?

edit on 20/9/10 by M3T4LH34D because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Unless maybe they are "American" you know with passports and everything, but the US didn't know of their "mission" because they are actually Israeli as is so often the case over there.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

true but we are hearing this for a reason who ever is behind it

2nd line

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by Thepreye
reply to post by infinite

Thanks for the alert, as it's twitter is it positive the detainees are armed forces as lots of hikers wear mil surplus gear, any explosives they may have been carrying could have been for clearing landslides they might encounter and weapons would be for be for bears and such.

I really hope your post was being faceitious or just anticipating the press conference given by the families of those captured.

I momentarily channeled a patriotic 13 year old US boy, like one of the many who post here, experts on war after playing COD able to take down many airsoft weapons blindfolded and full of righteous superiority to the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This remnds me of how the german- SS before the start of WWII, raided a polish checkpoint. Killed the police and put there own folks in polish uniforms. Then had these folks hit the german side of the border. Of course then the German-SS units swarmed across the polish border and killed the polish guards even though they were there own men. Thus starting the conquest of Poland, which got the british-french into the beginning of WW2.

Not everything is what it seems, don't forget the elite will stop at nothing ot aquire what they want. And everyone is EXPENDIBLE...

hmmmm...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This report is false. news.yahoo.com...

/thread

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by praxis

So, you must be one of them anti immigration folks huh?

Well terrorists is a little harsh, let us just call them UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS. They would get-

Welfare
Health Care
Driver's License
Education
Voting Rights
Allowed to enter the military

Did I miss anything?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by witness63
In my opinion, all the bluster and bluffing of the Iranian regime is the result of weakness and insecurity, not strength. They know that they are not even very popular with their own people, which is why they wave the flag all the time and try to provoke "incidents". Just like North Korea in that respect.

In my opinion, all the bluster and bluffing of the Israeli and US regimes is the result of weakness and insecurity, not strength. They know that they are not even very popular with their own people, which is why they wave the flag all the time and try to provoke "incidents". Just like North Korea in that respect.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

As it seems a none event the argument is pointless however why argue that 7 folk armed with explosives and guns with intent to cause sabotage entering a country against said country's wishes are not terrorists, stand up for what you believe, admit what they may have been and say it is right or admit your country is not always correct and does bad things for bad reasons, as most of the rest of the world agrees.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Thepreye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Ah, by the rst of the world do you mean those that curse us, then beg us for help time and time again. We seem to be the only country held accoun table for any and everything, despised by everyone, and yet we are the first you beg for help.........if you don't like America, fine, but realize what the world would be without us.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join