It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iran detains seven U.S. troops trying to enter country

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by witness63
Is the US sending special forces and intelligence operatives into Iran? Is it covertly assisting the Iranian opposition movements? I'd say this is very likely, although it has to be done very carefully lest the regime catch some of them and create an incident for propaganda purposes.

I hope the Iranians themselves are able to overthrow it someday. Certainly the majority of them voted against it in the last election, although their votes were never counted.

Do you "vote" in the last election on a Diebold machine? Only the programmers of these closed-source monstrosities know who really won. There's nothing like counting-votes-in-secret to foster real faith in a system known for their corruption.

Maybe one day "we" will overthrow the cancer that has seized our country.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Kidnap hikers who accidentally enterd his country......

Ya don't gotta like it........makes as much sense as anything else happening.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Kidnap hikers who accidentally enterd his country......

Ya don't gotta like it........makes as much sense as anything else happening.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by praxis

I doubt even the programmers really know who won... A properly built scam program like this would merely ensure that the votes lean towards the "desired" candidate. It would not keep records of its wrong doings. That's why there was a strong push AGAINST a paper trail.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
reply to post by infinite

Thanks for the alert, as it's twitter is it positive the detainees are armed forces as lots of hikers wear mil surplus gear, any explosives they may have been carrying could have been for clearing landslides they might encounter and weapons would be for be for bears and such.

Sure ...,. BEARS? In IRAN? Oh, right, the heavily forested area of the border country in Iran, I forgot! lol. There can't possibly be any bears in Iran, I don't think there are any woods to crap in

I really hope your post was being faceitious or just anticipating the press conference given by the families of those captured.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndepTexanRepublic
Could it be that the Web Bot Project could be right about it's prediction of war with Iran churning?

I doubt this will be the trigger. There have been much more provocative things happen in the last few years that could have triggered a war.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Xcathdra

I should have qualified my statement. If American soldiers crossed into Iran intentionally, they have carried out an act of war.

Lol qualified staement accepted and agreed. One countries accidental navigation blunder becomes another propoganda gold mine. If Iran wants to go to war over a minor incursian more power to them.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Xcathdra because: added info

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

We are not the only Western Power that has "operations" inside Iran. So making it sound like we are the only ones at fault here are once again nothing more than a misrepresentation of the facts.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Well,

I think it is strange this little brigade would be sent in by themselves but then not.

I think the military is testing their security. Maybe strategists are trying to gauge the best approach. I know there is a push for greenlighting a thrust on Iran.

I can tell you one thing here, this large scale scheming is brewing a world storm right now.

If per chance, the military launches a strike, Battle Ship Barrage first, Urban Stealth would then be second.

I don't really know how these insect minds work but it would all lead to something bigger,very quick.

What's I means is, China and Russia support Iran. Russia seems a little more reserved than China would be about their relations to Iran.

This is a Neutron Bomb waiting to go off and then US borders would soon be breached by stealth with China's baited breath.

China is already equipped and ready with amphibious ships and advanced strike jets.

The U.S with Israel will awaken a Super Dragon that is well rehearsed, equipped, planned, strategic and informed to sneak in through the back door.

When all the funds go into Iran and troops are thinned out at home what do you think is going to happen?
It's a war we will have to fight at home ourselves.

Then again it's not all bad. If the south west is the entry point maybe they will help us become independent of the Federal Government.

Well, this is just all a check to see where people are at with the interconnectedness of a simple thing like 7 troops going into Iran and what you already know.

Think about it everyone. This world is all interconnected in such a complex way, do you not think this all could bring it to our shores?

It's a little scary truth. Ponder the Possibilities.

MUzeaM- Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Jakes51

We are not the only Western Power that has "operations" inside Iran. So making it sound like we are the only ones at fault here are once again nothing more than a misrepresentation of the facts.

The crust of the article in the OP pertains to allegations of US military assets being apprehended by Iran. I did not read anything about British, French, or Italian assets being involved. So, I thought I would give a little history behind US covert ops within Iran. My intent was not to deter anyone with my last remark, but only highlight the US's activities in Iran. However, as you have said, there are other western intelligence services operating in Iran as well. Countries spy on each other. Sorry if you were deterred in any way, but I was only representing the facts in scope with the original topic and article being presented. Thanks for the reply!

edit on 19-9-2010 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think someone is just poking at us trying to start a war. And if they did take our troops i say we lock, load and ride in from one side of iran to the other taking the whole country and obliterating it. The middle east is so far gone with there religion crap it is unreal.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
MSNBC says not true. False report blamed on FARS.

American military says nobody missing.

Iran says nobody arrested.

All information on the original link.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Are you people done bickering back and forth? Two people posted articles on the false information related to the incident, and yet people are still trying to one up each other? ATS is becoming a joke.

I don't even feel like reiterating what the previous two people posted.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by praxis
Iran has been pummeled by our propaganda networks for years. This does not surprise me.

What would you do if you caught seven terrorist trying to enter your country?

give them a pilots license, and let them travel around freely

seems to be what we do./

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Can anybody say PRETEXT for war?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by praxis
Iran has been pummeled by our propaganda networks for years. This does not surprise me.

What would you do if you caught seven terrorist trying to enter your country?

Depends..

Now that Obama is president, or when Bush was?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muzeam

What's I means is, China and Russia support Iran. Russia seems a little more reserved than China would be about their relations to Iran.

Besides watching too many war movies, this statement is a bit stretched. Sure they support them.. and sell them weapons, nuclear equipment in trade for millions of dollars, and don't forget oil. Although when it comes to all out middle-eastern war, I don't think China/Russa will have "there back". Maybe sell them arms at best.. I don't suspect any large military support or even proxies.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
Can anybody say PRETEXT for war?

That's a rather good pretext, what hypes Americans more than another country detaining our troops? Especially if they claim that they weren't on Iranian soil.

I doubt it will go any further than this but they could easily use it to their benefit. Maybe they are hoping to get people hyped up enough that some lunatic assassinates Ahmadinejad on his visit here.

You are right though, this would be a great way to make Americans support a war. It almost happened back in '79-'80 with the hostage crisis, this would be worse because it is our troops, we claim they want a nuke and we hate them now.

In my opinion if the troops entered Iran illegally then they deserve to be jailed within the laws of the Islamic Republic. If this is true then we need to start negotiations with Iran to release them ASAP, but they have the upper hand on the bargaining table.

edit on 9/19/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The US/UK has been operating over the border of Iran for atleast 4 years to my knowledge.

Obama is Preparing to Bomb Iran

"After about two and a half years during which the danger of war between the United States and Iran was at a relatively low level, this threat is now rapidly increasing. A pattern of political and diplomatic events, military deployments, and media chatter now indicates that Anglo-American ruling circles, acting through the troubled Obama administration, are currently gearing up for a campaign of bombing against Iran, combined with special forces incursions designed to stir up rebellions among the non-Persian nationalities of the Islamic Republic. Naturally, the probability of a new fake Gulf of Tonkin incident or false flag terror attack staged by the Anglo-American war party and attributed to Iran or its proxies is also growing rapidly."

tarpley.net...

edit on 19-9-2010 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Can you say illegal immigrants?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join