It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iran detains seven U.S. troops trying to enter country

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

Yepzor, it has now been denied. (link)

-v

edit on 19-9-2010 by v01i0 because: 239

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Nice catch!

Thanks.
I think someone did report Iran denied it via an MSNBC report earlier in the thread. I just thought posting it from Press TV would help clarify Iran's denial further.

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
Looks like some unknown entity is seeding the wire services with misinformation again. . As for the origin of said misinformation, you must be talking about the Republic of Georgia.

Close, but Georgia don't begin with an 'I' and end with an 'L'.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Regensturm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is the US sending special forces and intelligence operatives into Iran? Is it covertly assisting the Iranian opposition movements? I'd say this is very likely, although it has to be done very carefully lest the regime catch some of them and create an incident for propaganda purposes.

I hope the Iranians themselves are able to overthrow it someday. Certainly the majority of them voted against it in the last election, although their votes were never counted.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
In my opinion, all the bluster and bluffing of the Iranian regime is the result of weakness and insecurity, not strength. They know that they are not even very popular with their own people, which is why they wave the flag all the time and try to provoke "incidents". Just like North Korea in that respect.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
TRY THIS FOR THE TRUTH!

LINK TO IRAN's RESPONSE

Iran denies media report that it detained 7 U.S. soldiers

TEHRAN : Iran on Sunday denied a news report that seven American soldiers were arrested on the Afghan-Iranian border, state-run media reported.

The semi-official Fars news agency initially reported that seven American soldiers, along with two Iranians, were arrested on the border of Iran's southeastern province of Sistan-Baluchestan. Fars did not identify its sources.

Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), however, denied the report and said no American troops had been arrested.

U.S. officials also said no Americans were missing.

next we will be hearing that war has started and the Iranians will be running around looking for the US troops who are not there!

edit on 19/9/2010 by theregonnakillme because: Forgot to put the text in lol

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 19-9-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by praxis
Iran has been pummeled by our propaganda networks for years. This does not surprise me.

What would you do if you caught seven terrorist trying to enter your country?

I guess in this case Iran would welcome their own home as heros and throw them a parade. I find the timing intresting for this to pop in the news while Ahminijatyrant is here for the UN gathering.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Xcathdra because: add more for 2nd line.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishspirit

Originally posted by fooks

Originally posted by praxis
Iran has been pummeled by our propaganda networks for years. This does not surprise me.

What would you do if you caught seven terrorist trying to enter your country?

call them american troops?

But to call people terrorist for following orders is a bit over the line.

A suicide bomber usually followers orders. Nazis followed orders. The Japanese soldiers who raped and tortured Chinese in World War 2 followed orders.

Yes, I think the proper term is probably Terrorist.

Who knows what the reason was for soldiers to enter Iran if the report is even true.

edit on 19-9-2010 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

In the words of my Australian cousin, WTF mate?

This event seems ever so bizarre. Is something trying to spark a conflict? It seems neither side broke, or responsible for, the story. So, obvious question, who did?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Double post.
Delete

edit on 19-9-2010 by infinite because: double post

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Is this what Mossad wants us to believe:

Despite denials, Iran did kidnap 5 Americans on Afghan soil
The next day, Tehran reported - then denied - detaining 7 American soldiers, followed by the Pentagon.

My first thought was, who does this benefit?

Israel has been pushing for years to make us declare war on Iran, and threatening to nuke Iran if we don't.

So Mossad, getting desperate, brings in some of its American operatives and inserts them into Iran in American uniforms to stir up trouble.

But both the US and Iran are up to their tricks.
Notice Iran didn't deny catching soldiers. They only denied picking up American soldiers.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

The US is infamous for installing dictators. The current Iranian regime would likely never have come about if not for the US installing and re-installing the Shah. I know if sucks, but sometimes things come back to bite you.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

If foreign soldiers illegally entered the US, American authorities would have every right to seize them. Entering a country with soldiers is an act of war. If the story is true, the US is the one who has carried out an act of war.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Iran has already had their military on there northeast border at increased levels due to american / israeli presence in that country. The Iranians claimed we were going to invade, although with what, I am not to sure of.

Achminidijad is having interal issues in his own country, most recently manging to piss off the top turbins.

Iran President with internal issues at home

Its an intresting read.. Since they pretty much beat down the green movement in Iran, the Government has turned to beating itself down. Achminidejad has apparently made an attempt to isolate the office of the president and place it at the same level as the mullahs. The expansion of the Revolutionary Gaurd is also causing concern from the top.

Without an exteranl threat, they are their own worst enemies.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

If foreign soldiers illegally entered the US, American authorities would have every right to seize them. Entering a country with soldiers is an act of war. If the story is true, the US is the one who has carried out an act of war.

Careful with the strong statement. We have had mexican military cross the border accidentally, as well as on purpose, and our actions have been tame. Our forces have done the same with Mexico as well. The most recent incident was a mexican military helicopter crossing the border for several minutes.

British troops on maneivers accidentally landed on a Spanish Beach. These mishaps happen all the time, and I think the manner in which they entered should be taken into account, just as Iran did with the American and British forces who were detained while on a river on the border.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Xcathdra because: added info

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Kidnap a president because his soldiers held soldiers than illegally entered their country?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I should have qualified my statement. If American soldiers crossed into Iran intentionally, they have carried out an act of war.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
I should have qualified my statement. If American soldiers crossed into Iran intentionally, they have carried out an act of war.

And if this were true, Iran would look like the biggest ass-hat on this planet if they decided to go to war over something like that.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

As opposed to going to war with Iraq over invisible WMDs?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Not at all. What would the reason be for American soldiers to deliberately enter Iran? The only reason they would do so is to attack targets within the country or overturn the government. They would not be on a sightseeing tour.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The US has been operating in Iran since Bush two in a covert or black ops capacity. Chances are that much of what President Bush was doing is still in play at present, since the virulent rhetoric by the US and the west about Iran's nuclear program continues.

Mr Bush has signed an official document endorsing CIA plans for a propaganda and disinformation campaign intended to destabilise, and eventually topple, the theocratic rule of the mullahs.

Under the plan, pressure will be brought to bear on the Iranian economy by manipulating the country's currency and international financial transactions.

Details have also emerged of a covert scheme to sabotage the Iranian nuclear programme, which United Nations nuclear watchdogs said last week could lead to a bomb within three years.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Now, that article is from 2007. Still, perhaps the policy is still in play? Moreover maybe they are members of President Obama's "Secret War," which he made public a short time ago.

Special Operations forces have grown both in number and budget, and are deployed in 75 countries, compared with about 60 at the beginning of last year. In addition to units that have spent years in the Philippines and Colombia, teams are operating in Yemen and elsewhere in the Middle East, Africa and Central Asia.

Commanders are developing plans for increasing the use of such forces in Somalia, where a Special Operations raid last year killed the alleged head of al-Qaeda in East Africa. Plans exist for preemptive or retaliatory strikes in numerous places around the world, meant to be put into action when a plot has been identified, or after an attack linked to a specific group.

www.cbsnews.com...

The article above was dated from June 5th, and chances are if these troops who have allegedly taken into custody in Iran are part of this cadre? US military and intelligence assets have been in Iran for years and the mischief has been documented as long as this soap opera with Iran has persisted. Moreover, if these soldiers are from the US; it is another international incident to contend with and more bargaining chips for those content on war with the country. Expect nothing of any confirmation from the Pentagon or the US government because of their long held stance of "Plausible Deniability," in matters of military operations in countries they are not publicly at war with. At present, it seems all sides involved are not confirming the matter, but denying it entirely? The Iranians are mum about it as well as Pakistan from which this group may have originated from before crossing over.

Officials in Iran, the United States and Islamabad on Sunday all denied reports that Iranian security forces had seized seven American troops near the Islamic republic’s border with Pakistan.

www.vancouversun.com...

Therefore, it seems all sides are staying away from this one and denying it. However, that may change if it is indeed true. Moreover, chances are the Iranian's are not commenting on it because President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is New York to address the UN General Assembly about nuclear disarmament and other things.

www.google.com...

If these US soldiers were apprehended, the government will probably remain silent on the matter until the President departs. We shall see were this thing goes, but if US military forces were arrested in Iran; it make one hell of an international incident for the US and any other countries involved.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join