It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iran detains seven U.S. troops trying to enter country

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If these genuinely are US military who were trying to enter Iran, which is as yet far from clear, but if they were, it would be insane and I would suspect 'baiting', attempt at provocation.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
If the were inside Iranian territory. Iran has every right to take them in arrest. Obviously they did not receive an invitation.
Iran has released people before, including Americans.
Right now there is no reason for us to think they will get ( seriously ) harmed.

The only thing I'm worried about is how the US will respond to this situation.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by irishspirit

Listen to yourself:

The IRANIAN president is going to the STATES.

It's all a big facade. Pay more attention to the situation in Pakistan and Afghanistan, ask questions about the situation in Pakistan. The Islamic regime has seemingly been a puppet regime since the 80s, it's too much of a perfect enemy of the US and Israel and vice versa.

I'm done watching a puppet show.

I'm glad to see someone else has that same thought. I've been saying for a while that I thin US/Iran could be batting for the same NWO/Zionist side.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I can't see anything on the PressTV website yet. Not that that confirms anything.

Whatever it is, it is staged, IMO.

link   
reply to post by wcitizen

entering forign soil wearing a different nations colors is waging war by international law,

either these fellows havent had any basic training in the "army/military" or its deliberate

much like idf attacking ships on international waters.

its braking the laws, plain and simple

heck it was one of the first things that where taugth in "school".

link   
Could it be that the Web Bot Project could be right about it's prediction of war with Iran churning?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Iran needs more bargaining chips.

Ahmadinejad talks with Syrian ally before journey to U.S.

Ahmadinejad is expected to arrive in the United States on Sunday, the same day as American hiker Sarah Shourd returns home after a 14-month detention in a Tehran jail.

Ahmadinejad discussed Shourd in a televised address Friday, saying that her release was a unilateral gesture made without any promise of a quid pro quo, but that doesn't mean Iranian officials wouldn't appreciate a similar act from the United States.

"We have no expectations," he told IRINN. "But naturally, morally, the expectation would be that the U.S. government would take a step to release a number of Iranians

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

If Iran fear a potential preemptive strike, then, holding some hostages will ensure the Americans will prevent Israel from carrying out such actions. IF these soldiers are paraded on state TV, well, demand for blood may occur in the United States.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
now its in the news in Finland

link to story

link to story

pretty much the same article as found on reuters.

edit on 19-9-2010 by zerbot565 because: added second link , two national finnish news papers

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Remembers me on the starting of WWII, with the polish troop stroy...

Anything else from msm or alternative news?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
maybe if our troops were on our soil, this type of thing would never be a problem.

im saying we should not be spread thinly across the world. this is how Hitler fell.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

If Iran fear a potential preemptive strike, then, holding some hostages will ensure the Americans will prevent Israel from carrying out such actions. IF these soldiers are paraded on state TV, well, demand for blood may occur in the United States.

Sounds pretty ominous to me.
Human shields?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
From the OP's MSNBC link seems they have changed the article...The new title is

'Unfounded': Iran denies arresting 7 U.S. troops Pentagon says no soldiers are missing near border

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran denied on Sunday that border guards had detained seven U.S. troops, calling the report "unfounded", the state-run English language Press TV said.

The country's Arabic language television al-Alam also quoted Iran's Revolutionary Guards, in charge of Iran's border security, as denying that any such incident had happened in the southeastern province of Sistan-Baluchestan. Military officials told NBC News that no U.S. soldiers were missing in the area near the Iranian border.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Hitler fell because he waged an insane war against all of Europe.

Something does seem fishy about this story though. Special operations capable units that would be operating in that region would not be wearing your usual Army or Marine fatigues. IF the U.S. were to send SOC units into Iranian territory to strike a high-value target, they would be some grizzly-looking, locally-dressed (to an extent) dudes, with only their weapons and equipment distinguishing them as possible Americans (though even that could be debatable). It's not like SOC forces to walk into the arms of authorities though. Unless the two indigenous Iranians they were using happened to pull one over on them (still a long shot). I'm not crying conspiracy by an means, only that something does not seem right with the story as we are getting it. I take it from the story that no shots were fired. If these men were part of a U.S. SOC unit, I would put my money on the fact that they would have blown their load and tried to exfil the area, taking heavy casualties before anyone was taken into custody. I wasn't there, however, and for all we know they had a couple t-72's and Iranian air support waiting for them.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
If Iran can continue to get $500,000 per head, per release, that's quite a little cash cow, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishspirit

If it indeeds proves to be true, then by all rights, under international law, this can be seen as an act of war, can it not?

Should they have been sent there under direct orders of their government/military, then that to me is an act of war, forgetting international law.

But to call people terrorist for following orders is a bit over the line.

Soldiers have the right to refuse illegal orders. If they accepted orders to cross the border of Iran for armed attacks, armed recon or to foment rebellion, they are terrorists by definition.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

3.5 million dollars is not very much money in-terms of the government of Iran. Certainly not enough to warrant capturing 7 U.S. military men and risking a possible retaliatory strike. Iran did what it should do, protect its borders. I'm just waiting for more details on who the hell they actually snatched up.

On second thought, it almost sounds as if these men "stumbled" into Iranian border territory, found out the hard way, and were smart enough not to engage Iranian forces, knowing full well the international repercussions of taking such action. Would make the most sense so far in my mind.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Quite.

Last thing the United States government wants is the safety of these soldiers being jeopardised.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by praxis

You did not just compare us to Iran!?!

Yeah. We spread propaganda but they are just as good at it! At least we don't call for the annihilation of a government or country! We call for removal of dictators and murderers! Wake up!

This smells of a counter agent from over in Iran! Hello over there! I'm from this side of the pond to spread ghanda!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

You're right, of course. These men are military, and this is much different than the hikers. But everytime I think of that exorbitant fine they placed, it kinda irks me.

But certainly, your points are the more valid in this scenario.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join