It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mozilla Viewing Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I just got firefox 9.0 because my IE had its home page jacked and spybot nor adaware seems to want to fix it.

The only problem is the posts on ATS look very odd to say the least. The spacing is way to big and the frames seem to not look right as if they are laying on top of each other.

I like the style of mozilla but the look of IE.

Any help making ATS look right or telling me how to kick out the homepage hijakcer and the hijacker that has gotten hold of my AIM would be great.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I too use firefox as my browser, and have the same problem, the spacing is all weird like. I have yet to find the cure but will let you know when I do. -Muzz

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Firefox seems to render the gap at the top of each post in a thread differently. That's the only thing I notice, but I've been on FF for a long time.

You get used to it

The good points outweigh the bad ones for me, so I've stopped noticing it.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
There is no cure...its just how FireFox reads the coding. Its not really a problem is it??

Homepage hijackers can usually be stopped with AdAware and SpyBot...and if those dont work...SpySweeper has a feature to lock the homepage down to whatever you want. Also if you dont want another program try HijackThis run it and post the log it gives you.

Edit...i didnt even notice it until someone pointed it out a while ago. I hadnt used IE for such a long time I had forgot what ATS looked like.

[Edited on 24-6-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Just to add to the above post, be very careful with HijackThis. It is a very powerful and competent program, but you can easily delete the wrong file with it and, er, reduce the functionality of your PC severely. It's not like Spybot or Adaware where it produces a list and your just click on OK several times without thinking. Be warned!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I've only been using Firefox/Firebird/Phoenix for the past, oh, week, and I've already gotten used to the spacers....

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've only just noticed it too, lol. I too use FireFox 0.9, like others have said - the HTML parser/renderer just displays the output different from IE - I expect Opera displays it even more different.

I *may* go back to IE come Windows XP SP2 - when IE gets in-built pop-up stopper and tabbed browsing - and even then, I may not change back.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
IE has too many security holes and exploits for it...FireFox barely has any.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
IE has too many security holes and exploits for it...FireFox barely has any.

That's true - I am not rooting for MS here (trust me, I hate them at the best of times, lol) - but with SP2 - apprently IE will disable ActiveX by default (the cause of many exploits) - and apparently it will be harder for exploits to occur - as anything IE runs that's 'untrusted' - it will have to ask you first, no matter what the settings are.

But yea, Mozilla (any flavour) have much less flaws, if any. Plus as it's open-source, chances are many programmers will see a problem and fix it, before it can be exploited.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If they turn ActiveX off by default then how would the CompIlliterate go to WindowsUpdate? Cuz you know most Uneducated Windows Users wouldnt know how to turn it on...then theyll be screaming for help.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Personally, I prefer MyIE2. Sure, it uses MS Explorer's engine, but everything else is just... sweeeeetttt (it is also a free browser). :-D Check it out:
www.myie2.com...

Here is a review of it by a PC World columnist:

www.pcworld.com...

[Edited on 6-24-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Personally, I prefer MyIE2. Sure, it uses MS Explorer's engine, but everything else is just... sweeeeetttt (it is also a free browser). :-D Check it out:

i second that! MyIE2 is a great browser. it has tabbed browsing, built in pop-up blocking, and a wide array of other features. very much worth trying out, esp if you want to stick with the ie look and feel.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I had myIE, but I like Firefox much more......

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
If they turn ActiveX off by default then how would the CompIlliterate go to WindowsUpdate? Cuz you know most Uneducated Windows Users wouldnt know how to turn it on...then theyll be screaming for help.

Good question, lol. I am just saying what I heard in a Windows XP magazine... Maybe they only turn off settings that load 'un-trusted' code?

new topics

top topics

join