It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does God want us to dispose of our earthly shell?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Donating essential organs to maintain another persons life, and i would like to be buried without a coffin, so i can compost naturally like we all were supposed to, unlike cremation/coffins my body will actually benefit some fungal life/worms so even after death my body will continue to produce life, even for a little bit, for that is the unwritten natural law. You were given life seemingly out of nothing, for you must give life to something else when your life is over, that's the cycle we all were born into.

But free will is in the end above my opinion, so do with your body what you think is right, becoming a donor though is very important, most likely a life changing event for somebody.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Great question OP ...

If I haven't used up all my usable organs by the time I die, anyone who needs them is welcome to them ... the rest can be burned and scattered in a mountain breeze.

But if that's too much hassle, just put me out with the trash and I will happily become compost ... just be sure to have a solid alibi for if the find my body

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Die.

Pretty much that's all there's too it.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I concur with most posters, in that I don't think God cares a whole lot about what happens to your body after you die, though there are some faiths that discourage cremation (based, I assume, on the belief that our bodies are holy temples, so shouldn't be desecrated thusly.) The Catholic Church isn't a big fan of it, for example (history and reasoning found here: www.newadvent.org...,) but accept it, provided that you wait until after the funeral mass, and you bury the ashes.

For those who suggest digging a hole and just tossing Grandma in, for best reuse of her mortal remains, you probably should check with local authorities -- there are generally laws regarding such things, intended to ensure that you don't contaminate the water supply, for example.

edit on 20-9-2010 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Teebs

Wow I don't think I want to go that far...but thanks for that...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I just want to thank everyone in posting ...It definitely will help me in making a decision...Hopefully I won't have to make that chose for awhile....Thanks-again
Peace!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
interesting subject, for me as long as the living are dealt with and grieve healthily and their needs are seen too ( graves are for the living i think no the dead ) just dispose of me old bones as ecologically as you can.
My dear old mum and dad have asked to be donated to science and then cremate the bits of no use which shocked me at first because rather selfishly i still wanted something or some part of them near but i'v come to accept their wishes and sensibilities by my two sisters and i not spending money we can ill afford on a rather sycophantic and parasitic business of the funeral directors services aid to body disposal.

Good old mum and dad, wise as ever

edit on 23-9-2010 by weaverre because: bad grammer

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join