It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton (Moment Of Truth) Proof, Hes A Liar!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Very good questions and points raised.I can see the logic here;Red flags could be raised and suspicions mounted about the PABs agencies on abductions and UFO related perceptions IF the PABs line of questioning is the following or shows characteristics of any below;

1. The nature of the questions by any of the PAB agencies is in depth and any specific question on any specific part of the abduction is repeated;

2.If any line of questions CONFIRMS the abduction by the questions that could only be answered IF you had PREVIOUS knowledge of PAST abductions or the nature of the procedures of them.

3.The nature of the questioning is being carried out under any kind of "national security act" agreement or sworn by"s or is its very nature considered SERIOUS by the PABs agencies.

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I've never been a big fan of the Travis Walton case...a lot of things just set off the skeptic radar about it...including the many inconclusive and conflicting polygraphs. The only real intriguing part of it for me, was that Betty Hill strongly felt Travis was relating the truth, but then, that's hardly conclusive or even evidence, really.

However, polygraphs are just not reliable. For one thing, if a person BELIEVES he is telling the truth, then it will register a truth response. Likewise, if a person BELIEVES a truth is a lie (such as fooling themselves), then it can come across as a lie. In addition, a person could still be nervous about a response, even if true, and have it register as a lie.

(and more than one criminal has successfully thwarted such tests)...

Consider it but one tool and one data point for his case. Maybe they all just needed a break (and concocted the story), who knows?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by FlySolo
I don't think skepticc has returned since the first page or two when he realized he was out numbered here.

Ah, fancy argument that! So it's the numbers that count, never mind if the arguments are beyond belief. Just because

Well, is he here or isn't he? its painfully obvious he ducked out because he wasn't getting the applause he so hoped for. Quite the opposite actually.

Travis is on here doesn't mean that we have to agree to whatever he says.

Here is your opportunity to get those elusive answers to your questions AND YET you still have a closed mind. No one says you have to agree to anything, but to already fold your arms and dig in your heels when you have that opportunity baffles my mind. A rebel without a cause...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think travis made an appearance here just to set straight the facts.

this is apparently an important site in his eyes and as the honest man that he is. this really is about his honesty and integrity, not including his reputation as a stand up guy.

if it was anyone of us we would do the same thing and dont say that you wouldnt. skeptic or not.

would you want anyone telling the world you were a liar and a nut, especially in your heart you know that it isnt true? hmmmm?

no you wouldnt.

you gettem travis i got ur back

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Travis Walton

Good Morning Again Travis.....

Thank you again for joining our discussion.

I feel I should put my position about your case in context, in case we do end up discussing things at some point in time.

My position is as follows:

On the one hand.....

I have been fascinated by your case for a very long time.

On the other hand.....

I have read things about your case that cast doubt in my mind as to what really might have happened.

Therefore, the only way for me to try understand the truth of the matter is to engage in civilised, positive discussion.

I hope that might happen between us one day.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Haha good one skeptic.... I'd be surprised if you knew any of the minute details about the case

Thanks for the laugh

edit on 29-9-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Collectively, I'd say the show gives him more credibility now.

The show means nothing to begin with, but the fact that he was even doing it like a sideshow act is pretty indicative of what type of guy he is. Anyone who cashes in on a suppsed life destroying event is somehow a bit odd to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Travis Walton was outed by Phil Klass a lot of years ago. There is no way that when presented with facts anyone can accept Walton as having told the truth about his alleged abduction. Since I don't accept tales of abduction, not accepting Walton's is a given. Throw in the Hills, Strieber, etc. Always claims, never evidence.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

No one says you have to agree to anything, but to already fold your arms and dig in your heels when you have that opportunity baffles my mind. A rebel without a cause...

A rebel without a cause?
Nope I'm just trying to deny ignorance! The ignorance of the gullible!
And I'm from Uranus! Ask John Lear!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Nothing like making your conclusion first and examining the evidence second

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Has "Family Feud" successfully debunked the Hill abduction case yet?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Seriously though, Travis has convinced me. He has passed all six polygraph tests (which use the proper method), and all his alleged colleagues have stood by the story. Nothing at all sticks out as a red flag for me. This story does sound completely ludicrous, but it also sounds pretty solid when considering all the facts.

I would be extremely frustrated and pissed off if I were Travis. It's very difficult to maintain composure when you're telling the truth and ppl are scrutinizing you and calling you a liar. It's so upsetting a situation that if I were him I would likely give up on humanity. The attitude of guys like Michael Shermer is enough to make me want to vomit. When people claim to know everything, I instantly have to dismiss them. It's the stubborn man that doesn't learn and stays ignorant. Michael Shermer isn't in the least interested in discovering the truth about any topic. He believes what he believes and that's that. he wants to force his views on the populace though which is disgusting. What kind of intelligent discussion can you have about this if his mind is made up beforehand and he already knows everything?

edit on 30-9-2010 by spinalremain because: (my keyboard is possessed today)

edit on 30-9-2010 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

A rebel without a cause?
Nope I'm just trying to deny ignorance! The ignorance of the gullible!
And I'm from Uranus! Ask John Lear!

On the contrary. The source of the story is here (at least was) to give his side and straighten out some answers. You have denied that, which is ignorant. At least in my eyes.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I've only watched part one and judging from this thread-title I will assume he did not pass a pertinent question, right?

This is a joke! This is a mockery. This is a travesty for truth. It's an eff'en GAME SHOW.
The audience is moaning, groaning and wowing on cue (they're told to react after a question) along with the theatrical 'crescendo' music and the dramatic pauses from question to answer (from this robotic-like female computer) is embarrassing.

Taking this a step further, where's the proof he lied? Because this female R2D2 droid said so? I will now watch part two and perhaps they'll show the 'lie-detector' going off the chart (when he purportedly lied) and if they do show it, I still stay firm on my position and state also: the field of UFOlogy has reached a new low!

I've always always always believe Travis. I remember when this happened. I was around his age. And I couldn't then nor still now, understand why he'd lie about this. Nothing good came of this (right away). Sure, a book and movie ensued but there was no way of predicting that at the time of this occurrence. This was NOT talked about in the 70's like it is now. So he had EVERYTHING to lose (and practically did) and nothing to gain.

But I tell you, this is sickening. He must've been desperate for money (for which I can totally relate to but....) to have agreed to do this show was an asinine decision on his part!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Michael Shermer looks like he was spit out of a used car salesman machine.

This man has the most irritating face I think I have ever seen in my life, and I'm a laid back guy. For some reason, I have the utmost urge to knock this man's teeth down his throat. He is the epitome of a corporate shill with an agenda.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
You got to be kidding with this show!!! I just watched part two. Un-friggin-believable!

He already knew what the end result was (or at least the question before coming on stage) but yet he, his wife, his son, his daughter and friend pretended to exhibit raw emotions and real-time reactions?
Apparently he was 'hooked' to the lie-detector prior to coming on stage (cause I sure as hell don't see any wires) so this was all for show? Do you really think the world needs more BS? We get it from every direction and now from Travis? What in the world is going on with people lately?

Why Travis?? Why did you do this? I see your name appear on this thread but I'm not sure it's really you (for anyone can join with any name-handle) so this again, is just more gaming!.

You have fully disappointed me and probably a slew of loyal believers. When did you go from abductee to actor?
What a shame. Unless the PTB are paying you to be a patsy. Is that what's happening? Are they giving you money to look like an idiot? Because honestly, that's the only thing that makes sense to me at this point.

Huge let down.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
I am convinced that the result of that last question is framed, and I waited for such a thing to happen right from the beginning of the show.

Don’t forget that all his other answers where correct.

I agree. This has got to be a pre-planned debunking ploy. Something's not adding up.

I mean, this dude 'decides' to go on a show and tell the truth and yet has the opportunity to 'leave' before completing the questions and taking the 'money he's won'??????????????????????????
What would've been the point to this then?
He couldn't have quit before the end of the show. That would automatically disqualify him as being truthful.

This is a friggin joke. What the hell is going on?
And you know what? Travis almost has the same stern, unemotional, comatose-like blank look as Buzz Aldrin has. Almost as if he's under a spell or something.

I cannot believe he went on this ridiculous show. And not only did this make Travis look bad it made Sherman-the-shill look bad too. I mean, c'mon people.
Why is the field of UFOlogy hitting game shows??????????
Ya know why? To make this entire realm look ridiculous.

We have more sightings then ever with the Vatican opening up their holy-arms to 'our space-brothers' and wanting to baptize them!!
We have the UN getting on board naming a 'spokesperson' to deal with this matter. And we have all sorts of other world-wide officials wanting their government to open up their files in an attempt of disclosure and now this?

This is to further confuse the sheeple no doubt. They just dangle that proverbial carrot in front of their noses and then............yank it back. The sheeple don't know whether to reach for the carrot, starve or beat the crap out of the carrot holder!!!

I am just besides myself. I don't know who I am more pissed at. Travis? This show? The government? Or the agenda?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I know! I am bogarting the thread right now but I came aboard late.
Sorry

I just read Travis's replies and it would be nice if people would stick to the topic of the thread which is this MOT Show and not go off asking or commenting on his experience. Go read his book or watch Fire in the Sky. I highly suggest them both in any event.

Anyway........................

What I'd like to know is, who approached who? Did the show come to you or you....the show? I think that's important to know.I would have to assume there was a disclaimer signed either way. I would be curious if it mentions your appearance on this game show is purely for entertainment purposes and not ......scientifically responsible.You must've known they had creative license to edit (in or out...) portions of the show as they saw fit, no?

Because I can't believe you're this shocked from the result of your appearance on that RIDICULOUS game show. You're quoting all these laws and bi-laws of what types of polygraph tests are applicable but yet you didn't know this prior to appearing on that RIDICULOUS show? I find that hard to believe cause you're a bright man!

But, I will further assume you won't be back on this thread seeing this happened days (if not weeks) ago. So....I will just tuck this under my never ending "WTF is happening to people lately" file!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Everyone that saw the ship ran off.
Travis was missing a number of day.

Work with that people.
So a ship actually landed.
Most likely stranded and needed a rescue ship.

Why Travis was unaware and did not run off perhaps
he might not even know and might have started seeing
Aliens perhaps that were not there. A smart crew of
a secret craft that has the Alien cover for many years
might have jump suits easily outfitted for use outside
the vehicle as an Alien disguise.

We can only assume the crew came out and placed
Travis in the ship as we assume the awake period
occurred at the base.

As soon as he was walking around was immediately
sent back to the lake perhaps blindfolded again
not seeing the inside of the ship.

The helpful authorities will not detail any of the ships
of course but will agree with any alien terminology.
That is about as much as I got figured out in lieu
any encounter of the first kind.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Travis, thank you so much for writing to defend your story directly to the people. Though with all the hoaxes and frauds that have come across ATS, can we have mods contact Travis privately to assure this is really him.

Assuming it is, Travis, I met you in Roswell for the UFO convention back on July 4th in 2009. My buddy and I got to meet you and the woman you were with in the hallway outside the theater where you screened Fire in the Sky. It was great to meet you and really was a story I have told to anyone I know interested in the UFO world.

As stupid as it sounds, I teared up when it said on that show that you were lying. I felt betrayed. As it was what got me involved in the UFO world back when I was a kid in the 90's. But thankfully after reading your rebuttal, I fully believe your story once again.

Thank you Travis.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

As stupid as it sounds, I teared up when it said on that show that you were lying. I felt betrayed. As it was what got me involved in the UFO world back when I was a kid in the 90's. But thankfully after reading your rebuttal, I fully believe your story once again.

Thank you Travis.

I've experienced your let-down on a number of occasions. The late great Carl Sagan, in not so many words, called Betty and Barney Hill liars too.

The thing about this is, unless you've experience this (rare?) abduction phenomenon as I have, top people in the public venue are still needing that tangible nuts and bolts proof. I understand that but I feel, this should be handled like in any court of law where, we are presumed innocent until proven guilty. But because our own people don't always follow that law with common mishaps, it's no wonder it doesn't hold true in this situation either.

So to all you naysayers, I implore you to prove this cannot and does not exist. The onus should be on you. We had our experience and it's up to YOU to poke holes in it and not the other way around! And if the best you can do is offer up some state-of-the-antiquated lie detector machine (which is hooked up to Human bodies that we're STILL learning about) then, shame on you!

As Michael Shermer implied (and I.....change) I say, extraordinary experiences should be measured and tested by extraordinary methods and means. Not with wires or worse yet, dogmatic opinions!

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join