It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton (Moment Of Truth) Proof, Hes A Liar!!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
My god, one of the great UFO lore guys comes on here on his own time and some people treat him with zero respect and talk to him like they have known him all his life and feel they have the right to TRY and belittle the man.

Thankfully Mr Walton has not been misled into stupid skeptic wars and has handled himself with great decorum.

Those wishing to attack for the sake of attacking should be disgusted with themselves and acted upon by a moderator. A healthy debate is one thing but basically putting two fingers in your ears and screaming liar liar can't hear you is childish, ignorant and clearly shows a nil sense of this often used term 'critical thinking'.

These same people clearly do not understand what that term actually means.

On a civil note I'd like to thank you for coming here and chatting with us Travis (If I may), I await the interview and I only have one question if I may.

How much of the movie is just fiction or enhanced for theatrical impact?

I've not read the book but I seriously will have a read, this case has been one of those that really has a feel to it.

Thanks from a cold old UK.....

Disgusted? No people should be disgusted with mr walton! evidence suggests that he concocted the whole story as an excuse for missing the deadline on a logging contract, that the whole thing was a hoax.

Yet you people will put anyone on a pedestal who supports your narrative, regardless.

This is why the UFO field will never ever again be mainstream, despite how much you UFO believers want it to be.

There is almost zero critical thinking, no self policing, and UFO believers arent really out for investigation mch as they are in search of validation.

For example take any wild thread on this board, even ones that are eventually debunked: the threads almost always start out with waves of believers supporting it, even in the fact of contrary evidence, before its finally debunked. Almost no effort is made on the part of many believers to actually verify the claim.

Here, we have someone claiming to be travis walton, and you all give him this kind of hero worship.

Is that all it takes? Make a claim and your in? I guess so, as some of you still persist in giving this exhaulted status to others, such as whitley strieber and Dr greer of the disclosure project, despite the fact that those narratives have also been punched full of wholes.

If anything men like travis walton, and the aforementioned, ought to be shunned. But no. Time and time again the hardcore believers demonstrate a idea ive had all along: The ufo believers worst enemy isnt the diehard skeptic, its himself. The way the whole UFO arena operates is contrary to its goals: ie mainstream recognition and investigation.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
And what evidence is that?

Just to make you aware, Travis was verified by the site moderators, and did an audio interview on ATS Live recently.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Toward A Better Understanding Of The Subject

reply to post by NavalFC

First off, please take the time to at least skim the thread before commenting. You may also find it helpful to listen to ATS Live Show #28 - Travis Walton Interview, recorded earlier this month.

Secondly, if you don't understand something, you are welcome and encouraged to inquire about it. Bursting into a long thread and lambasting others for not conforming to your own notions of right or wrong is contrary to the core values of ATS.

Likewise, unsubstantiated claims are of little or no value, whether pro or con to the topic. It takes no effort to wade into a discussion claiming "hoax" without supporting it with evidence, but doing so in an effort to disrupt discussion is trolling and subject to the consequences thereof.

Finally, skepticism is always welcome on ATS, but if your ambition is to denigrate people for being willing to consider possibilities you will not, then this is probably not the forum for you.

Please show a little more respect for your fellow members and this forum.

Thanks.

P.S. And please trim quotes from long posts in your replies.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown

Just to make you aware, Travis was verified by the site moderators, and did an audio interview on ATS Live recently.

google "travis walton hoax". There is a plethora of information out about this.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

Information is not evidence. Substantiated information IS evidence

There is information on the internet that the the Holocaust did not happen, but that does not make it fact.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Its a shame people don't actually read the thread before posting.

Travis' identity has been verified by the site moderators and you can see by reading through his posts that he is well researched in his statements and is no doofus.

Pre-conceived opinions by some obviously don't need actual data.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Information is not evidence. Substantiated information IS evidence

There is information on the internet that the the Holocaust did not happen, but that does not make it fact.

Of course, because the evidence backing up that claim is lackluster. take mr waltons claims for example.

5 days gone, with no food or water, yet urinalysis results upon his return werent idicative of starvation.

Or not to mention the whole controversy with the polygraph results, wherein in the opinion of one polygraph examiner, travis was lying. Then the next polygraph he took, which he passed, alledly only had 2 years of experience and the questions to be asked were all predetermined.

In my opinion travis walton is a liar, who has concoted a story for his own financial benefit. I cant respect someone who would do something like that.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Its quite clear you have not read through this thread, including Travis' posts.

It would benefit your argument if you had examined all of the data in this thread before forming a conclusion

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
The majority of you believers seem so very upset over the results. I read that since the show does put peoples reputation on the line they have one of the best polygraph teams working for them. Travis thought they pulled it off once, why not now. So he decided to gamble on it, because he needed money of course. How do you think he would fail the most important question given to him, and fail! I will tell you why, short, sweet, and simple Hes A Liar!

Actually he had more then one previously, Travis did fail a polygraph given by John J McArthy of the Arizona polygraph laboratory.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

reply to post by NavalFC

Its quite clear you have not read through this thread, including Travis' posts.

It would benefit your argument if you had examined all of the data in this thread before forming a conclusion

Travis claims the test MCCarthy gave him was out of date. Really Can he give us the particular method McCarthy was using so people can research it for ourselves and see if that is indeed the case?

And even if thats the case, that still does not explain why the medical work ups that returned, such as his urinalysis, did show 5 days of starvation he claimed he endured.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

So how many polygraph tests has Travis passed and how many has he failed?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Maybe you should listen to the ATS Live Interview with Travis Walton on Show #28 and ask yourself the question - does this man sound like he is lying?

He didn't sound like he was to me.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

So your defense is "Well, he sounded like he was telling the truth, so he must be" Thats the thing about hoaxers, they will sound sincere and that they are telling the truth. There have been numbers of hoaxes exposed in the UFO field over the history of UFO lore, and I cant recall a single time when a hoax was exposed that it was done so because the person "didnt sound sincere"

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

We're still waiting for all this evidence.......

Travis was quite open about how many polygraph tests he has taken.

I hope you did not forget about that statement.
edit on 30/10/1010 by Krusty the Klown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

reply to post by NavalFC

So how many polygraph tests has Travis passed and how many has he failed?

McArthy test- failed.
Pfier test- inconclusive
Gilson test: pass

and if you consider this clip a polygraph, its mixed.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

reply to post by NavalFC

We're still waiting for all this evidence.......

Travis was quite open about how many polygraph tests he has taken.

I hope you did not forget about that statement.
edit on 30/10/1010 by Krusty the Klown because: (no reason given)

really? according to: www.csicop.org...

the failed McCarthy test only came about because someone let it slip that it happen

"Two days later I called McCarthy and said that Ezell had told me that McCarthy had tested Travis Walton prior to the Pfeifer test. McCarthy acknowledged that was true. When I asked for McCarthy’s assessment of his polygraph test on Travis, he responded with two words: “Gross deception.” McCarthy explained that sometimes Travis would hold his breath, in an effort to “beat the machine.” McCarthy told me that he had been hired by APRO director Jim Lorenzen and the National Enquirer, which had sent in a team of reporters after Travis had reappeared. The tests had been administered in a suburban hotel. When McCarthy re-ported his conclusions, a National Enquirer reporter hastily typed up a “secrecy agreement” which McCarthy signed constraining him from publicly revealing the tests or their results. When I later telephoned McCarthy and said that I had learned of the tests from Ezell, McCarthy faced a difficult decision: he could resort to falsehood by denying the Walton tests or confirm what Ezell had told me.McCarthy opted for the truth."

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

That's not conclusive. In fact it proves nothing.

You really should listen to the interview.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

reply to post by NavalFC

its not a matter of conclusivity, if by which you mean certainty. The only person who will ever truly for 100 percent certain know what happened is walton himself. Any 3rd party can only gather evidence and make a judgement based upon that. and In my opinion, what I see leads me to believe that Walton is a liar.
edit on 30-10-2010 by NavalFC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

This post really doesn't say anything but you still have not answered my question.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

reply to post by NavalFC

its not a matter of conclusivity, if by which you mean certainty. The only person who will ever truly for 100 percent certain know what happened is walton himself. Any 3rd party can only gather evidence and make a judgement based upon that. and In my opinion, what I see leads me to believe that Walton is a liar.
edit on 30-10-2010 by NavalFC because: (no reason given)

So what leads you to believe he is a liar?

The fact that all his colleagues corroborate his story without making a profif?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join