It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton (Moment Of Truth) Proof, Hes A Liar!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
REBUTTAL BY TRAVIS WALTON

Someone saying they were a former Snowflake resident who went to school with my son and his cousins has gone on internet forums like IMDb claiming to be a nephew of the 1975 Navajo County Sheriff and having the “inside story” that it was all a hallucination.

I will prove here that this person claiming that the Navajo County Sheriff was his uncle is a complete fraud. He isn't the first to try to gain status by claiming a connection to someone near the center of this incident. Even persons taking a supportive position do it by claiming to be a coworker, an ex-girlfriend, a close school chum, or even a relative. One pro-Travis guy claimed to have attended a homecoming party after my return -- problem is, that party was a story device for the movie and never really happened. One staunch supporter claims that my first call for help from that phone booth went to him, then the desperate call to my family came after that. Problem is, the operator listened in on the call to my family and reported it to the Sheriff, and there was only one call made that night. Another man bragged to the other sawyers in the chainsaw shop about how well he knew Travis and Mike, unfortunately Mike was standing right there, not even recognized. The first imposters came out from under the rocks before I was ever returned, one claiming to be my wife, two years before I married. One pretended to be me and called a radio talk show. The bias of skeptics is that they are never skeptical of THESE claims. One non-relative with the same last name is making a career of claiming to be my cousin and, absurdly, that these entities were really after him and grabbed me by mistake!
There are so many statements in "County Sheriff's nephew's" post that can easily be proved false that that's almost all there is. Public documents, simple facts and verifiable records contradict his ridiculous claims. In the first place, Sanford "Sank" Flake was NEVER the county sheriff. The basis of all his claims begin with this lie. The Navajo County Sheriff during all of those years was Marlin Gillespie. Sank was town marshal only, with no principle role in the investigation. The night of the incident the crew met with Sheriff Gillespie and his deputies at a service station closed for the night, and never went to any diner. There was no "Red Robin diner" in Heber in 1975. The first Red Robin opened 18 years later -- in Pennsylvania! The bogus "nephew" changed his claim to the "Red Onion Lounge", but even that never opened in Heber until 1995, 20 years after the UFO incident. Therefore, all those things supposedly said by the crew to the diners and by the diners are pure fiction. The incident did not occur at Young, AZ, which is many miles to the west of the Turkey Springs contract. The crew did not drink alcohol at all that day or any other work day. Alcohol was not allowed on the job. The Sheriff was asked about intoxication and told newsmen, "I sat in their truck a short time after it happened and talked to each one for a long time. I sure didn't spot anything -- and I was looking."
The bogus "nephew" claims his tale is common knowledge here. The debunkers spent huge amounts of time interviewing Gillespie, Flake, Forest Service officials and townspeople. The debunkers were even willing to lie to discredit this case -- yet they never alleged the main points this fraud claims. When attacking UFO reports the chief "debunker" attacking this case always first digs into every possible aviation and astronomical alternative explanation. He absurdly tried using the planet Jupiter, but never suggested Air Force helicopter maneuvers. In all our years working in the woods we never saw any Air Force helicopters. No one could possibly mistake a helicopter for a glowing metallic disc hovering less than a hundred feet away. Chopper blades would have hit the trees, to say nothing of the huge down blast of air and the unmistakable, familiar sound. Ridiculous. The blue beam of energy was a powerful, momentary blast one crewman described as "the brightest thing I've ever seen in my life" and in no way looked like a helicopter's spotlight.
My books about this were published in 1977, 1996 and 2010, and the debunkers have never contested my basic facts; like who was sheriff, where the crew lived, where they met Gillespie, etc. Allen Dalis did NOT live in Concho. He lived in Snowflake, like every other man on that crew. Concho is not 5 miles from Snowflake, it is 30 miles east of town. And the job was 45 miles west. It would not be practical to travel 150 miles per day to work at Turkey Springs. I would bet that every crewman's home was visited by lawmen during the time I was missing. It would be dumb to think that would be overlooked while a massive manhunt was underway. Ridiculous. I did not socialize with Allen off the job and don't recall ever going inside his residence at all. It is not true that Dalis did not help in the search. He also went back again that night with the Sheriff.
I, Mike and my sister never rode together in any police car at any time in those years. MIke went back to the site that night with the Sheriff, but neither my sister nor I ever rode in a police car at all in connection with the UFO incident. I would be surprised if my sister has ever been in one in her life. That whole tale about a ride to Concho was pure fiction.
It is NOT true that Mike went back alone that night. That was movie fiction. You can't drink and do that dangerous work. The incident happened minutes after work ended, and the crew went back minutes after the incident. There wasn't time to get passing out drunk. This was covered in lie detector tests. In real life I did not spend a single night in the hospital after the incident, that was the movie. As written in his report, the doctor who examined me did NOT discover "dirty needle marks" on my stomach and eye. The physician said the "2 mm red spot" on my arm was "not over any major blood vessel", which rules out the drug injection theory, even without the clean report the doctor got back after putting my blood and urine samples through the Maricopa County Medical Examiner's drug screen which showed no trace of any drug in my body. However, even more conclusively on that tired old drug theory is the fact that at least 2 of the 5 or 6 polygraph tests I passed asked about any drug involvement. And of course no one thought to ask, how could 7 men have the same hallucination?
It is not true that the fake nephew's scenario is common knowledge in Snowflake. I've never heard it anywhere but from the non-nephew. It is not true that I have never done any interviews in this town, and plenty of interviewers went down town to ask questions of townspeople. There's plenty of skepticism but never has any local citizen ever alleged the scenario claimed by the "not really the county sheriff's nephew'". Not one debunker or lawman has ever disputed the fact that all 6 crewmen went back that night.
The actual polygraph questions are a matter of record and do not remotely resemble what the non-nephew states. Skeptic though Sank is, he doesn't back any of this crap and, when I asked him, could not identify who the claimed nephew was. If he had possessed any knowledge of me being "stoned out of my mind at Dalis's house", there's not the slightest doubt he would have acted on it. In 1975 he had offered theories to try to explain it away, but nothing like this nonsense. Neither my son nor either of his cousins could figure out who this "dearest friend" and classmate is, even after searching the school year book. Ken Peterson verifies that his family never owned any "dome shaped house" in Concho. I really should start suing these phonies for libel, slander and defamation of character. In my book I take each and every charge leveled by the debunkers and, by citing independently verifiable documents and statements by experts, prove their case to be just the sort of sham the "not really the County Sheriff's nephew" has posted all over the internet.
Six persons testifying in an American court of law (even without polygraph tests) that they witnessed a murder would have justified a death penalty conviction without a backward glance. Yet when a UFO is involved, doubt seems never to be put to rest. Granted, there is a small % of error to polygraph in general, but Edward Gelb, the president of the American Polygraph Association stated about this incident, "The odds against six people successfully deceiving a trained examiner on a single issue are over a million to one." But now the number of properly conducted tests on this single issue total 16 passed tests. And, 35 years later, all seven crewmen stand by their earlier testimonies to this day.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Travis, I'm sorry you have to deal with so much BS. Healthy skepticism is one thing, and it's to be expected and even embraced. But when people are making statements about you that are demonstrably untrue, and then a bunch of opinionated yahoos from this Internet peanut gallery choose to ignore facts and take pot shots at you when they aren't even coming from a place of knowledge...

Well that would just burn me up.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Travis > By the way, have all your six friends whom you claim were witnesses to the event undergone a polygraphic test? Though this test isn't 100% accurate it could provide some corroboration/clue whether the episode was true or not. If that didn't happen, then why not?

I'm afraid I haven't seen any report to this effect. Kindly elucidate if I've missed it.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Travis > By the way, have all your six friends whom you claim were witnesses to the event undergone a polygraphic test? Though this test isn't 100% accurate it could provide some corroboration/clue whether the episode was true or not. If that didn't happen, then why not?

I'm afraid I haven't seen any report to this effect. Kindly elucidate if I've missed it.

To be honest, would that make any difference to your views? i don't think so. It is really pointless dealing with people like you because your mind has been made up, so whats the point of answering your questions.

I mean, i don't know if this case is true or not, but i go by that because i am the sort of bloke that needs evidence that ET is here. But that does not mean he is lying, we just don't know, but you go all out that he is lying, so,he can't win really.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Travis here. All the crewmen passed polygraph tests. Half of them have taken two tests.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
Travis, I'm sorry you have to deal with so much BS. Healthy skepticism is one thing, and it's to be expected and even embraced. But when people are making statements about you that are demonstrably untrue, and then a bunch of opinionated yahoos from this Internet peanut gallery choose to ignore facts and take pot shots at you when they aren't even coming from a place of knowledge...

Well that would just burn me up.

Indeed!

IRM

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Travis Walton
snip - not worth repeating!

“If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a duck”

If you are the real Travis Walton, you walk like a duck, you quack like a duck, you look like a duck, ergo, you must be a duck.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Whaaaaaaat? Huh? Duck? Please explain.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Assuming you really are Travis Walton, I'd like to move beyond the subject of that TV show's hit piece and the haters on here giving you a hard time. I'm much more interested in the fact that your presence and participation in this forum is a real opportunity for the rest of us to hear more about what you experienced and what you think about those experiences.

I don't know quite what questions to ask, but I'm sure there are other people here who might have some questions for you.

How 'bout it, people?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
Assuming you really are Travis Walton, I'd like to move beyond the subject of that TV show's hit piece and the haters on here giving you a hard time. I'm much more interested in the fact that your presence and participation in this forum is a real opportunity for the rest of us to hear more about what you experienced and what you think about those experiences.

I don't know quite what questions to ask, but I'm sure there are other people here who might have some questions for you.

How 'bout it, people?

Yep, I'd go along with that.

Strange thing is now I have the opportunity, I came across the same thought as you, flightsuit.

What do I want to ask now I actually can?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

I have asked, no reply?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Travis here. I'll be on the ATS live interview show tomorrow night.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Travis Walton

Travis, would you ever be up for a camping trip to Area 51 for a weekend? get a bunch of people together all the time for camping trips near the border and it would be great to share stories wth you.

By the way, saw that post on imdb a year or two ago and dismissed it as some kid behind his computer who wanted imdb attention... Not at all surprising on that site. Dont even bother with it, youre better than that.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Hi Travis,
Awesome, I very much look forward to your interview. I definitely believe your story.

I too experienced a sighting, and like you have been ridiculed and called many things. For me, I don't care what people think or say anymore, I know what I saw on the night of my own personal occurrence. I know for a fact there is not one craft on our world "that we know of" that could maneuver and accelerate the way these did. And the light that emits from them is the purest brightest source of light I have ever seen even to this day (26 years after).

Thanks for being on ATS! Scott

(Every time I leave the Phoenix heat and head up to the Heber area, I can't help but think about your story the whole time I am up there.)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Travis Walton
Travis here. I'll be on the ATS live interview show tomorrow night.
Is it tomorrow? Or the day after tomorrow?

Those shows are usually on a Saturday (USA time), right?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Travis Walton, Welcome To ATS!

Sorry, it took a while to verify your identity, but I hope you can appreciate the need for caution on a website that is a magnet for hoaxes.

As a member of our community, you are entitled to all the privileges thereof, chief among them the ability to speak your peace without fear of insult or ridicule. Should you encounter any post which violates the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, please resist the temptation to respond in kind and ALERT such posts for the staff to deal with. We tend to be busy, but we also tend to get to the bottom of things if someone is misbehaving, so please do your best to work with us.

Likewise, all other members of ATS are entitled to express their opinions, whether skeptical or supportive, of any claims you may make. It is already clear that you are quite forbearing about skepticism, so no problems there, and I encourage you to maintain the poise you have already shown in responding to critics.

And as for that, thanks to every ATSer who has carried the discussion forward with courtesy and restraint. You are what makes ATS the best alternative discussion site on the Internet.

Please keep up the good work, and know that it is deeply appreciated.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This is an abomination! Honestly!

Just because people can't consider, even remotely, that events like this DO occur (hate to break it to you all) you have this instinctual guttural primitive reaction to insult and assault the 'victim'. I do believe wild animals are kinder than some of you when faced with something strange!

The best vindication will be.........when you see for yourself. But there again, when UFOs (of off-world origin) do show up, you'll probably still stay in denial. I understand that. But what I can't understand is not even considering (not necessarily accepting) that something that you're NOT familiar with nor been taught, might actually exist. If we all took that attitude then, nothing would ever get discovered. We'd all just 'be'. We'd never explore anything more than our own backyards. Now, isn't that notion stupid?

Abductions happen. I don't like to say it anymore than I like to be a part of it. What they're all about or why they happen and whether other Humans (governments) know...remains a mystery. And because of that,(which incidentally, we're ALL in that quandary together) some of you people just won't budge out of your comfort zone. What will happen if Obama, Queen Elizabeth or the Pope tells you, aliens are real? What then? Will you go underground? Why is it acceptable when these people (who are really strangers too because we never met them) say so? Those people are KNOWN liars. We're not. You don't even know us and we don't know you. We have no reason to lie to you. And ironically, the ones you're waiting to tell you this, DO have reasons to lie. That too just blows my mind.

Just think about it. That's all. Stop beating up the messengers. If anything, beat up your Officials and start demanding the truth!
edit on 14-10-2010 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Travis and Mod's, I can't tell you what having him/you for an interview on here really means to me. I have a personal question that I need to ask if that is possible. It is somewhat of a personal question for me because there is something I have never shared on ATS. This for me is just as important as total disclosure.

I emailed Travis a few years back (it involved fuschia/purple flashing light and a desert walk), but I am sure that he cannot answer all the questions from every person, skeptic quacks or even a serious email from someone he has never met, so I totally understand. Especially with all the personal attacks on his story.

I have been a member here for a while and there is a reason for that (searching), so I was wondering if the moderators could allow me one question for him when he comes on? But I need to know the exact time the interview will be "Arizona time".

Thank you, Scott

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Travis here. Yes, I meant Saturday night. I am in Arizona, which is on the same time right now as California, that is, Pacific Time

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Awesome and thank you. What time will the interview be at? I take care of 6 Foster children (3 adopted) so I would like to make time for that interview if possible. Busy life! Again thank you so much, Scott

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join