It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 dozen Dallas County deputy constables hired despite troubling job histories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Article

Rene Lozano Jr. once lost control of his patrol car while chasing a traffic violator. The vehicle slammed into a utility pole, fatally injuring a rookie officer riding with him.
A bullet narrowly missed another officer's head when Lozano's pistol accidentally discharged.
He was the passenger in a stolen Mercedes-Benz driven by a friend. The bolt cutters used to steal the car were stashed under the seat.
And he once was fired for making false statements about his arrest on charges of driving while intoxicated, a case that ultimately was dismissed because the arresting officer was unable to testify.

That was all before Lozano began his career as a Dallas County deputy constable in 2007. He could not be reached for comment.

A Dallas Morning News investigation discovered that some constables attract peace officers with troubled histories like magnets. At least three dozen deputy constables in Dallas County were terminated from previous law enforcement jobs, resigned while under investigation or were disciplined for serious infractions. Others fit the profile of "gypsy cops" who repeatedly bounced from one job to the next in a downward career spiral.

Its always something new in Dallas. Ive posted a few threads regarding courrution/messed up stuff that has to do with Dallas recently, because Dallas is just a few miles from where I live.

I dont know how someone with a record like the person described above, was able to become a deputy constable. The article says 3 dozen more deputy constables have had a bad record. Is it really safe to have some people like this as constables?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I can just hear the Dallas Police Chiefs interview,

"Son, I'm reading your resume and it appears you have been involved in some pretty serious criminal offences.
Stolen property, assault, drunken rampages and lying under oath..You are gonna make one damn fine Cop, welcome to the club boy !! "

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

and dont forget the " lost control of his patrol car while chasing a traffic violator. The vehicle slammed into a utility pole, fatally injuring a rookie officer riding with him." Somebody dosent use the turn signal, chase them, and end up crashing and kill the trainee officer riding with you. Im sure that looks awesome on a resume.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Aw, 'cmon guys

Constables aren't exactly first string LEOs, they mostly deliver papers for the courts.
Besides, in itty bitty towns around Dallas County we even get their dregs & rejects...
How'd you like to be on the streets for $15 an hour?

gj

new topics

top topics

join