It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb deactivated at Mexican mall: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Bomb deactivated at Mexican mall: report

news.yahoo.com

LEON, Mexico (Reuters) – Mexican soldiers deactivated a bomb at a mall in central Mexico Saturday, but it was not clear if the incident was tied to the country's drug war, Mexican newspaper Milenio reported.

A message from a criminal group was left with the bomb in Leon, Milenio said. There was no information on the nature of the group. Authorities in Leon, a city of about a million people, were not immediately available for comment.

The newspaper said workers found an "explosive device" in the mall's parking lot and alerted authorities. Army troops deactivated it. Nobody was repor
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
How can this not be related to the gang/drug war?

I suppose a crazed indididual could have made and planted this bomb, but I feel that is highly unlikely.

They cartels want to instill fear in those who wwll not help them. Maybe the owner of the mall pissed them off.

It does make me somewhat nervous that this is happening so close to us, so I guess part of their mission is complete - to instill fear.

I just don't want the situation here to get like it is in Iraq or Afghanistan, with suicide bombers every week or so.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

The funny thing about these incidents are that it exposes the media, and how they got their own little invisible strings.

It is funny how non of these bomb attacks, murder, chopping off heads, chopping fingers, years, tongues, noses, mass murder, non of it is called terrorism.. Then again Americans will argue that terrorism is not to terrorize, it is to be a Muslim with big beard..

edit on 19-9-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Its just as likely as it is unlikely.

There is a drug war but it doesn't immediately mean its connected to the drug war. more info is needed. For all we know it could be a loon or loons who planted the bomb & note.

edit on 9/19/2010 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join