It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews cheat at their religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
And as far as the OP goes... they've been cheating at their religion since 70 A.D., there is no temple where they can atone for their sins every year on Yom Kippur.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
And as far as the OP goes... they've been cheating at their religion since 70 A.D., there is no temple where they can atone for their sins every year on Yom Kippur.

Very good point. One I had not thought of, thank you.

I know everyone cheats with religion, but when they go to such lengths just to keep their comforts for one day, what's the point of even pretending? And to everyone who's mad about me posting a video, it's their holiday time, and I had actually seen this with my own eyes, and wanted to show it to you guys.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE JEWISH RELIGION, I'm just trying to figure out if they think they are smarter than God, or if he will say it's OK because they didn't break the rules, just bent them, and just basically if you're going to cheat and half-ass something as seemingly important to you, why even bother in the first place. I think cheating like this is just as bad as not doing it in god's eyes.

Don't worry, I live next to a 7th day Adventist church, so it's not like these fakers are the only people I think are crazy! I call out what I see, no matter who it is.

Sometimes people agree, sometimes they don't, but I speak what's on my mind.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius

I'm just trying to figure out if they think they are smarter than God, or if he will say it's OK because they didn't break the rules, just bent them, and just basically if you're going to cheat and half-ass something as seemingly important to you, why even bother in the first place. I think cheating like this is just as bad as not doing it in god's eyes.

it's not cheating. the bible was written well before the advent of electricity and other such modern conveniences. A workaround is hardly cheating. My mother in law lives in a building that is in a town that is predominantly orthodox jew (she's not orthodox, she is jewish) and her elevators are set to hit every floor. You wait in the lobby, the door opens, you get in, the door closes, it goes up and floor, opens, closes, goes up a floor etc. I hardly think this would qualify as cheating or breaking the rules. I also don't see how turning the tv on, or using timers to turn lights or other appliances on (or off) would be deemed pulling a fast one over on god.

To me, there are so many other inane aspects to religion that are worthy of discussion.

Take yesterday's jewish holiday. Yom Kippur. From sundown to sundown you fast. No food, no water for, roughly, 24 hours and then, in god's eyes, you've atoned for your sins. I asked my wife, if I were to cheat on her, or kill someone, and then I fasted, would she forgive me. She said no. I asked her if she thought she was higher than god, if she was more important than him. She said no so I threw it back at her. How could he forgive me, after I atoned, and she couldn't? She called me something that won't get passed the filters here and told me to leave her alone.

All faiths have these kinds of odd ways of getting away with something and, in my eyes, that's far more nefarious.

Catholics can sin, go to church, repeat a prayer or two a few times, and all is forgiven. Jews fast for a day, all is forgiven. Catholics have lent, muslims also, I believe, have a long period of fasting or skipping a favorite thing, all in an effort to absolve themselves of their sin.

It seems to me, if you can commit a sin, say murder, or stealing, and then run through a simple prayer, or stop eating pork or fish for a few days, and you'll be allowed behind the pearly gates, you're not cheating your god, your cheating humanity and that, in my eyes, is a far more heinous crime.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The Talmud is the biggest bunch of crap ever written by power hungry assholes and people soo arrogant that they think they know the very mind of God... Yes I put the "o" in God even though im a Jew because GOD never intended religion.. That is a man made thing.. For my bretheren; why would God give us His Name and tell us that it is to be His Name FOREVER as a memorial to ALL generations? Even telling us that "Those that shall call upon the NAME of Hayah Asher Hayah will be saved"... Yup His Name., But you would throw your damn superstions at us and turn a personal God to an impersonal one? Kept those Rabbis in business huh?

You can be as legalistic as you like... But me and mine, like Caleb will serve Hayah Adoni... And will do good on shabbat... God is not mocked...

Yeshua is Moshiac who gave true interpretation of instruction and took the whole law on Himself as the pascal lamb and became the once an for all time sacrifice for us... Funny how just a few years later the temple was destroyed and no sacrifice has been done since huh? Just like God planned it, just like He showed Abraham at Moriah.. God provided His own sacrifice..

Love God and love people is the whole law... Everything else is supersticious rubbish..

Enjoy Shabbat.. Its your chance to do good in your community and just love as God ordained and also to enjoy what God blessed you with..

edit on 19-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I love you, Yissachar, for being a man of true faith and for standing up for what you believe is right in God's law. You make me glad I'm alive in this time to see what's happening. That is a rare thing anymore.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Thanks sis.. High praise indeed.. I love you too..

Thank you.. You have really made my day and a lump in my throat lol x

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Crakeur and Yissachar could be the coolest Jewish people I have ever met on ATS.

Thank you Crakeur for actually answering my questions and seeing this was not a racist rant, and thank you Yissachar for being honest and true about what all religions should be and have become, not just Judaism.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

after reading this:

Originally posted by Jeanius
Don't worry, I live next to a 7th day Adventist church, so it's not like these fakers are the only people I think are crazy! I call out what I see, no matter who it is.

I got the feeling you can find fault with all faiths. I know I do. Hypocrisies abound in all religions.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Take yesterday's jewish holiday. Yom Kippur. From sundown to sundown you fast. No food, no water for, roughly, 24 hours and then, in god's eyes, you've atoned for your sins.

That's not what atones for sin on Yom Kippur Sir. What atoned for sin was yom Kippur was the only day on the calendar year that the high priest could enter the Holy of Holies and ask God to forgive the sins of all the people. He would lay hands on innocent, blemishless two goats and ask God to place the sins of the past year on the two goats. One goat he would slit the throat of and sacrifice it. The other goat would have a red thread tied around one of it's horns and it was set free into the wilderness.

This was all given to the Jews since the days of Moses to prepare them for the ULTIMATE day of Atonement. When Jesus Christ would take upon Himself all the sin of the world and would die in place of the people. The significance of the "scapegoat", is that it was identical to the slaughtered goat, and would be set free while the other goat was killed. Barabbas was set free when Jesus was crushed. "Bar" means "son of", "Abba" means Fathter, and Barabba's first name was also Joshua, or in the Hebrew was Yeshua.

So get this, Barabbas full name translated into Hebrew was "Joshua son of the Father", and who was Jesus?? Joshua and He was the Son of God/Father. Identical, yet one was crushed for the sins of the world, and the other was set free.

That's what cleansed the people of their sins on Yom Kippur, the transfer of the sins to the goats, and the one goat being slaughtered. It wasn't because of fasting and prayer to BEGIN with. That's also why I said Jews have been "cheating" on their religion since 70 AD... THERE is NO LONGER a temple, with a Holy of Holies, with a golden alter, or with a high priest to sacrifice the goat in the manner God commanded for their sins to be forgiven.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I got the feeling you can find fault with all faiths. I know I do. Hypocrisies abound in all religions.

That's why "religion" is the most subtle, yet disgusting human creation to ever grace the horizon of this Earth. "Religion" is an abomination in the eyes of God. It totally erases the "REDEMPTION" brought to us by Jesus. He did everything, there is nothing for us to do but trust Him, that when He said "It is finished!" that it was in fact.. FINISHED. We can't add anything to it, and all our self-righteous paths to earn favor or love from God disgusts Him.

Uuuuugh, "Religion"! *pukes* It only either leads to depression ("I can't do enough, I'm a failure, God hates me."), or self-righteousness ("Look at me, I'm good, you're bad, I'm loved by God because of all the rules I keep and you're bad and going to Hell because you don't keep all the rules I do sinner.").

Watch the short video in my signature.

edit on 20-9-2010 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Uuuuugh, "Religion"! *pukes* It only either leads to depression ("I can't do enough, I'm a failure, God hates me."), or self-righteousness ("Look at me, I'm good, you're bad, I'm loved by God because of all the rules I keep and you're bad and going to Hell because you don't keep all the rules I do sinner.").

Those aren't the only possible scenarios. I understand why you feel that way but there are many that have other experiences when following God. They know God is in their life, have faith that difficult times lead to happier pastures, have healthier relationships with friends and family, know they don't walk alone in this world, find the ability to forgive, know all things work for God...etc. I could go on and on. I'm sure you could go on and on too...about your perceived negatives but at the level of the individual believer it's positive in most cases.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Those aren't the only possible scenarios. I understand why you feel that way but there are many that have other experiences when following God. They know God is in their life, have faith that difficult times lead to happier pastures, have healthier relationships with friends and family, know they don't walk alone in this world, find the ability to forgive, know all things work for God...etc. I could go on and on. I'm sure you could go on and on too...about your perceived negatives but at the level of the individual believer it's positive in most cases.

Hold on Sir, I never denied there are folks like that! But that attitude has nothing to do with religion, but is brought about by the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the hero of the salvation of mankind, we have no glory in it whatsoever. We are saved no by what we do or don't do, we are saved by what Jesus has ALREADY done 2000 years ago at Calvary.

There is a fundamental difference between "redemption" and "religion" and the two are diametrically opposed to one another.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join