It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews cheat at their religion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I know the title sounds bad, but check it out.

It's pretty crazy, this girl talks about how her Jewish college roommates would try to pull one over on god.

She brings up a good point, do they think they are smarter than god, or that god would not catch them doing these things. Kinda weird.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
You're kind of weird and inflammatory for making a thread about this so I'm not even going to bother watching.
Second line.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

I like her story but she is annoying, if she annoyed me I would give her a slap to straighten her out..

People who cheat on their religion do it because they don't believe.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Now THAT was a colossal waste of my precious time. Well, I guess that's what I get for being suckered into this thread. Boo me.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Because followers of every other religion on earth never break the rules right?

And are you speaking of Judaism’s rules or your interpretation of their rules because those are two very different things. It is and has been part of the culture of Judaism to use logic to pick apart every commandment, be it positive or negative to determine what constitutes breaking that law. So from your perspective it is cheating but from theirs it is giving them some level of certainty about what they can and cannot do without breaking the rule. They want to know exactly where the line is so that there is no doubt when you cross it.

Let me give an example. Say your religious text says that Thou shalt not pick red flowers on Sunday. Ok, you may say that it is pretty straight forward but let me ask you. When does Sunday start? When does it end? What if you are in another time zone? What if the flower is coral or pinkish , does that make it red? What if you pick one by accident? What happens if you are color blind? ect ect ect... Now this may seem silly to you but it is part of Jewish law and is built into the religion so it cannot be cheating.

edit on 19-9-2010 by kokoro because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kokoro

Now this may seem silly to you but it is part of Jewish law and is built into the religion so it cannot be cheating.

I know many Jews, nice people BTW..

But one example I find strange is this not using electrical goods on a Saturday..
So some of my Jewish friends get me and others to record the Footy for them so they can watch it on Sunday..

Strange because I am still useing the recorder for them on a sabath...

I guess we all cheat if we think we can get away with it..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Reminds me of Christians who say "Swearing and profanity is against god" and then substitute swear works like "Frack" "Frick" "Fudge" etc. etc.

Because their god is too dumb to notice the difference it seems.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by kokoro

Now this may seem silly to you but it is part of Jewish law and is built into the religion so it cannot be cheating.

I know many Jews, nice people BTW..

But one example I find strange is this not using electrical goods on a Saturday..
So some of my Jewish friends get me and others to record the Footy for them so they can watch it on Sunday..

Yeah, i realize to non Jews these things seem strange. So for the electricity on Sabbath, there are prohibitions for kindling a fire on Shabbat, it is considered work. Ok well, some authorities consider completing a circut to be lighting a fire. Keep in mind that there is no prohibition to having the fire but it must be lit before Shabbt begins. So, if you turn somethig on before Shabbat and keep it on you are not breaking any rules and you are not really cheating either. It is akin to lighting a fire before sundown, you cannot add wood to it but you can warm yourself by it till it dies out. Same thing with the light, if it s on leave it on , if its off leave it off. I could go on but i think you get the point, once you get the logic behind it it makes more sense, I hope.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Thanks... I lost 10 IQ points watching that video... Not EVERY video on youtube deserves a thread.... This is one of those that does not... And shame on ANYONE who gives this thread any flags or the OP any stars...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

It is not cheating because THEY are not doing it, a gentile is doing it for them. It's the same as when Yom Kippur falls on the Sabbath (sundown Sept 17th to Sept 18th) and we have a gentile prepare our 'break the fast' meal for us. It is not breaking the law, it is getting a gentile to perform a service for others (Jews) so that we may eat nutrients to regain our strength.

Also, and more importantly, there are many different sects to Judaism just like there many different sects to Christianity (Lutheran, Catholic, Episcopalian, Roman Catholic, Presbyterian, etc. etc.). Each sect has their own requirements for practicing.

There is an old story in the Jewish tradition of a man who asked Rabbi Shamai to teach him Judaism while standing on one foot. Shamai chased him away. He then went to Rabbi Hillel and made the same request. While standing on one foot, Rabbi Hillel responded: "Don't do to others what you wouldn't have them do to you. That is all the Torah; all the rest is commentary. Now go and learn it."

Therefore, in the laws of Judaism you really are not breaking any laws as long as you follow this one.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

It is not cheating because THEY are not doing it, a gentile is doing it for them.

I get that but, would that mean they are not sinning anytime the get a "gentile" to do their bidding??

Say they hired someone to kill for them??
I know thats an extreme example but it's still basically what you are saying..

They are absolved of their sins if not done directly by them..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Didn't bother to watch the video. ALL religious people cheat at their religion.

Do ANY of the so called "Christians" that you know follow the 10 commandments? I doubt it. Therefore, they cheat. I have Muslim friends that drink alcohol, Jewish friends who eat pork, and even one Jehovah's Witness friend who goes out and gets drunk on her birthday every year (she was at my place for CHRISTMAS DINNER last year!), and a Mormon VERY close friend who drinks caffeine, sleeps around, lies, cheats on his girlfriend, and just doesn't conform to Mormon standards AT ALL, but every single time he needs to get out of something he doesn't want to do, he pulls the religion card.

Religion is a big lie anyway, who cares if anyone living the lie cheats?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This thread was posted in the "Conspiracies in Religion" forum.

I'm wondering what the conspiracy is here? I have never heard of any religion that has 100% of its people following every law.

So what has been posted is a video of a woman of seemingly impaired intelligence explaining that she found it amusing to flip off the lights while her Jewish roommates were in the bathroom on the holiday and couldn't turn the lights back on.

As a New York City resident I interact with people of all religions fairly frequently. I would not find it amusing to pester a Christian with what they stopped doing for Lent, or to harass a Muslim with an item forbidden to them, or to annoy a Jew by flipping lights on and off on Sabbath.

People have beliefs that are different from yours or mine. The proper thing to do, whether you believe in it or not, is to respect their right to believe in what they believe in.

What an absolutely pathetic creature one must be to partake in such stupidity.

And then to ease into a "and then they yell anti-semitism!" ramble towards the end?

Amazing.

The only conspiracy here is who dropped this woman on her head at birth.

edit on Sep 19th 2010 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I get that but, would that mean they are not sinning anytime the get a "gentile" to do their bidding??

No. That's not at all what I am saying.

You're missing the point of my post: the only real law of Judaism is "Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you. The rest is just commentary." Having a gentile perform a service for you so that you may survive or be more comfortable is having them do unto you what you would do unto them . . . helping each other out.

Therefore, hiring someone to kill for you breaks that law since you would not want to have someone hired to kill you, It's called The Golden Rule.

Besides, we Jews have 613 laws we are 'supposed to follow' and Christians only have 10. How in the world would you expect ANYONE to remember all 613 laws, much less adhere to them?!

edit on 9/19/2010 by Nivcharah because: add number of Jewish laws.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

In most orthodox circles asking a gentile to do something you are prohibited from doing is not permited even if its turning on a light. Other branches may say otherwise.
In any case murder is prohibited under the 7 laws of Noah, which everyone are bound to and which i wont get into here. So no, LOL, they cannot ask you to kill someone.

edit on 19-9-2010 by kokoro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

I agree with what you say but come on, forgetting the Jewish bit, I wish I had thought of this.

found it amusing to flip off the lights while her Jewish roommates were in the bathroom on the holiday and couldn't turn the lights back on.

Now that would be funny..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kokoro
In most orthodox circles asking a gentile to do something you are prohibited from doing is not permited even if its turning on a light. Other branches may say otherwise.

This is why I brought up the different sects of Judaism. There is much fighting that takes place between Jews in Israel regarding observing the Sabbath and how different sects of Judaism choose to observe. Deaths have even occured, which completely baffles me if they are so Orthodox to commit murder.

When it comes to technology, we have timers we can set for lights to turn on & off and to record with VCR, DVD recorders and DVR. Or even go out for dinner to 'break the fast'. Getting a neighbor to drive you to the hospital on the Sabbath or an animal to the vet for an emergency is not a 'sin' either, as the survival and well-being of the living supercedes all Judaic laws. This means if you are rescued from a desert and the only thing available to save your life is eating a ham & cheese sandwhich and a glass of milk on Yom Kippur, YOU EAT THE FOOD AND DRINK THE BEVERAGE. Your life is more important than practicing Judaic laws (and that in itself is a law).

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

OK, I get that..They do not get a gentile to perform any task that is normally sinful to them..

And your post also kokoro..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
oh man i thought this was going to be a awesome thread about Jaws, not Jews... man misread for the failz

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
See what Religion gets people doing?

The Jews need introduced to a redeemer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join