It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reviving herbal treatment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I don't know when we lost interest in herbal treatment, and when did we jump to drugs, drugging ourselves to remove pain and to help us heal ourselves.

There are different methods, but somehow we shifted to the wrong path of drugs.

With the help of this man, I hope this ancient art of medicine can be revived and thought in Universities and advanced upon:

Malinga, who was introduced to Dr. White by Mr. Rajapaksa at the President's official residence, Temple Trees, underwent a five-day herbal treatment called Nila Sashthraya.

“I am not a person to believe in this kind of thing. But it is amazing. I just can't think what happened and how he did it. The pain has gone away,” said Malinga in an interview.

www.thehindu.com...

And tests has shown that his medicine doesn't contain any illegal substances, what ever that means.

According to Dr. White, he has cured over 18,000 patients, among them a large number of celebrities.

If this is true, it is a great leap for herbal treatment. In the other hand, this might be BS, hence this man is a friend of the President, maybe the President is simply trying to help his career.

Apparently, his friendship with the President has helped clear a few hurdles.

and

Dr. White is the personal physician of Mahinda Rajapaksa and it was the Sri Lankan President who personally intervened to recommend him to Malinga at a time when the Sri Lankan fast bowler was struggling to recover from a potentially career-threatening injury.

Very interesting little story, check it out:
www.thehindu.com...

The source is thehindu, that could pose some more question, but interesting non the less//

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I am of the belief, that Nature is best absorbed in its purest, rawest form. Most people know that nearly all of those prescription medications derive from plants, and are processed and compacted into pill form. Plant knowledge or ethnobotanical wisdom (i.e. Intellectual Property) was and IS being repeatedly stolen from the indigenous peoples of The World. What happens is, you get two scientist that work for or through a Big Pharm company, and you have these scientist communicate to the Village Shamen (most often through a translator) how they go about healing themselves, and what plants do they use for whatever symptoms or signs of disease. Once they learn how The Shaman prepares the medicine, they take samples of the plants back with them, possibly repeat the procedure and run tests on the plants to discover what chemical compounds and prevalence of those compound are.

Everyday, this is happening. Corporations are stealing the knowledge of The Ancient Peoples of The Planet, and chopping their forests down to harvest these medicinal plants so they can turn them into pills and sell it to us for 1000% the profit, and a huge environmental cost in irreversible soil damage. When they start talking about outlawing use of organic food sources and medicinal herbs, then you will know who is really running the show. They don't call 'em Pill Pushers for nothing.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm big on herbal medicines for treatments...they are the earth's medicine.
Thanks for the little article, but it would be nice to know what the medicine he used was...
in otherwords, tell us a little more reguarding the treatment used in the writeup.

~holly

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
edit for double post

edit on 18-9-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

From the article, the treatment is called 'Nila Sashthraya'. I have no idea what that is, so will post this for both of our study, from the doctor's own words:

When someone sits before me with an ailment I can study his reports and feel his system, but what is more important is that I can see a light, as small as a welder's sparkle and I begin to hear and sense the medication for his ailment," said Dr. Eliyantha.

www.thesundayleader.lk...

An eyewitness:

"It was miraculous, it was unbelievable and it was divine. He was able to get us help and medication from the universe and we watched as he picked it up and gave it to us," said a woman who had watched Dr. Eliyantha at the temple. "This is not just what I have seen, there are thousands who have seen this happening. It is the experience of thousands of people, they have all seen Dr. Eliyantha's connection with the universe, they have all witnessed the love on his face and the compassion, and more importantly, what he is able to do for us," said the woman.

www.thesundayleader.lk...

Here is everything you need to know in regards the doctor:
www.123people.com...

R. Eliyantha Lindsay White is an ayurvedic doctor from Colombo, and the personal physician for Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse.

en.wikipedia.org...
Overview:

Ayurveda (Sanskrit: आयुर्वेद; Āyurveda, the "science of life") Ayurvedic medicine is a system of traditional medicine native to the Indian subcontinent[1] and practiced in other parts of the world as a form of alternative medicine

en.wikipedia.org...

Little Taste:

Ayurveda is grounded in a metaphysics of the "five great elements" (Devanāgarī: [महा] पञ्चभूत;Prithvi- earth, Aap-water, Tej-fire, Vaayu-air and Akash-ether)—all of which compose the Universe, including the human body.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i raise medicinal herbs. they keep me healthy.

new topics

top topics

join