It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Black lawmakers must rally voters back home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

If you think it's that simple, well good for you.......
Some of us might actually see whats going on and we aren't afraid to point it out.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Are you going to ignore my question?

What is it that Obama said that's got your panties in a bunch?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here's another example of this horrendous breach of etiquette by a President. It even includes talk of an agenda...

"This is an opportunity for the president to talk about our priorities and the agenda," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said. "It's also an opportunity for the president to listen to issues of interest to these leaders."

Source

And this all while trying to drum up support. But I guess when Bush does it, it's OK?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor Dali Deth
It's easier for blacks to pull off these kinds of moves due to their minority status, and lack of statistical numbers. Troublesome? Yes. But, to most people it simply doesn't seem to be a threat if whatever politically active black contingent there might be became organized to vote Obama's way, as crazy as that sounds. Is Obama's rally cry racist? Yes it is. He is distinguishing between races, and appealing to people based on race, but white-guilt seems to inhibit the common sense to call him on this dangerous tactic.

Pee-yew! There was a day when I would have let him off that easy. But after watching what the TP has to put up with simply because they are mostly white.....well not any more. Wake up man...it is everything they have been charging the TP with.....seen in its real form.

In fact they must shoot at the TP so they can keep thier lie and hypocrisy alive and usefull....if not invisible.....hiding in plain sight, in broad daylight, attention redirection.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

"But he said he's just begun rolling back a devastating recession that's come down "with a vengeance" on African-American neighborhoods that were already suffering.

"We have to finish the plan you elected me to put in place," Obama said."

Wow, a plan they elected him to put into place......hmmmmm sounds a little wierd and suspect to me.
I wasnt aware only black neighborhoods were suffering............not only suffering, but the recession came down on them with a vengance. Hmmmmmm, Seems maybe he forgot about the rest of us Americans.......not to mention the ones who really elected him, other than those that voted twice etc. Sorry, just find this really offensive unacceptable action for him. The race card deck never seems to run out, nor o the amount of people willing to overlook everything, because he is half black.......seems sorta like racism to me.

As an aside, boxers today, not panties, but thanks for thinking about them.....

edit on 19-9-2010 by adifferentbreed because: Clarifying undwear choice.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I'm all for dropping all of the race specific nonsense in the world. But that isn't the subject at hand. We aren't debating the rights and wrongs of the existence of a Congressional black caucus.

Apparently we're freaking out because a *gasp* black President talked to them.

Only, here's a secret, every white President in recent history also talked to them too.

It's a non issue.

I would agree with you that it is not an issue except for the fact that a White Guy talking to the Black Caucus is more like a "Stranger in a Strange Land" appealing to the locals, and asking for consideration.
However when a person who comes from the "Same Place" to speak, IT CAN BE SEEN more as a call to action, ESPECIALLY in light of many of Obamas statements and associations.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Punisher75

Save for the fact that he is clearly putting a republican vitory in light of a civil rights issue, a turning back of the clock.....and God knows that if the republicans could turn the clock back far enough we will all be drinking out of seperate fountains again.

This is about as bad as David Duke calling for white voters to ralley to bring back good ol white power to capital hill.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
"But he said he's just begun rolling back a devastating recession that's come down "with a vengeance" on African-American neighborhoods that were already suffering.

So, in that sentence, he said, "WITH A VENGEANCE". The other words are the words of whomever wrote the piece. Is that what has you upset? That he said, "with a vengeance"?

And the truth is that the recession HAS hit African American communities very hard. That doesn't exclude anyone else from suffering. You're making this up as you go along, it seems.

What I want to know is what did Obama actually say (not what did the article's author say or what you think he meant) that has your boxers in a bunch?

"We have to finish the plan you elected me to put in place," Obama said."

And what's wrong with that? ANY president would want to finish the plan he was elected to put in place. What's racist about that? Except your own thoughts, of course?

Wow, a plan they elected him to put into place......hmmmmm sounds a little wierd and suspect to me.

I don't doubt that it sounds suspect to you, considering your point of view about this whole black caucus thing.

I wasnt aware only black neighborhoods were suffering..

He didn't say that, either. YOU DID.

.....seems sorta like racism to me.

Yeah, a black man is involved. I'm not surprised you think something racist is happening. Oooh! Black people! Scary!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

You are aware that it was southern democrats who fought against civil rights correct?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Punisher75

Lord have mercy! Are we talking about southern crats here? Obama said republicans and the current modern myth reality is that republicans and the TP are the new Klan......never mind Byrd. Just look out blacks! They are going to "set back the clock".......thats one of the emotive bombs, Manchurian Candidate type signals for blacks to vote.

And the point he made about "dinners".....ALERT ALERT MISSISSIPPI BURNING MISSISSIPPI BURNING! MUST VOTE MUST VOTE. DAR HES A COMIN, DAR HES A COMIN!

edit on 19-9-2010 by Logarock because: climp

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Thought I would drop by and drop my edited version.

Robert Byrd urges whites to vote and "push for power"

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Robert Byrd, seeking to fire up an important part of his support base ahead of November's elections, told White leaders on Saturday he wanted their support to "push the power" he was delivering.

"I need everybody here to go back to your neighborhoods, and your workplaces, to your churches, and barbershops, and beauty shops. Tell them we have more work to do. Tell them we can't wait to organize. Tell them that the time for action is now," he told the Congressional White Caucus.

The words of the White president showed a deliberate effort to recapture the enthusiasm that had helped him win the White House in 2008, after polls showed White Americans much less likely to vote than others this year.

Nope, this is not bad at all!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

wow, I'm making up what the president said? Nope, or his speaches would be really different. He has been a racist for along time, along with hbis wife, and alot of the people he surrounds himself with....his intenet was clear, as was the overlooking of the rest of Americans......nice try, but Obama just keeps showing who he truely is, and it's not what alot of people duped into voting for him thought he was. Funny, he was supposed to be post racial, and look at him now. I know, lets have him, the white caucus and the black caucus settle down for a ber while they tel the white causcus how racist they are............oops, no white caucus, I guess we'll just settle for him ignoring white America then. Going back to the beach......it'll give you plenty of time to come up with another witty apologetic reply, enjoy.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

And you still can't tell me what he ACTUALLY said that's so "racist", can you? I've given you three chances and I'm still seeing avoidance and changing of the subject... OK. I get it. You don't have an answer, you just want to continue to make things up and blame Obama for what he hasn't said. I get it.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Wow, I told you what he said.......have a nice night and keep fighting the good fight.........you guys aren't gonna win and the Dems will be out on their butt come nov anyways. If you have it in your head that Obama isn't a racist, good for you......it worked getting him elected. However, as the days go by, maybe you'll one day open your eyes. Going to the beach forr a turtle watch, feel free to insult me in my absense. Have a nice night.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join