It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Black lawmakers must rally voters back home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
O.k., so Obama isn't a racist? Imagine if a white president said the same thing....We need you to rally the white voters in your district.......they'd be buried by the media, as well as professional extortion groups like the naacp. When will America wake up and realize what they elected, and who he really represents?
I didn't know only blacks were democrats, and all republicans were white, I'm glad he informed me of this. Why on earth would anyone vote for him again, especially the blacks. He hasn't exactly helped them since he's been in office, and yet he goes back to the well for more votes, time to wake up people. I wonder if he realizes the recession affects us all, and not just the blacks..........more over, I wonder if he cares? Epic Fail Mr.Obama, keep helping the right, you seem to do so every time you open your mouth anymore......is it an act, or are you really this disenfranchised with Americans as a whole.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It's easier for blacks to pull off these kinds of moves due to their minority status, and lack of statistical numbers. Troublesome? Yes. But, to most people it simply doesn't seem to be a threat if whatever politically active black contingent there might be became organized to vote Obama's way, as crazy as that sounds. Is Obama's rally cry racist? Yes it is. He is distinguishing between races, and appealing to people based on race, but white-guilt seems to inhibit the common sense to call him on this dangerous tactic.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor Dali Deth

I used to think it was white guilt, and in a way maybe I do, however I think it stems too from the media turning everything into racism, if it's on the right side. Political correctness and entitlements will be the end of us long before anything else will.......and this sort of thing just speeds it along.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Congressional Black Caucus

Do we have a Congressional White Caucus???

If not, then thats racist IMHO...

s&f because people should know what they are voting for...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
obama racist yes and he uses and continues to use it to usurp more power

as to the "white guilt" yes that belief is paramount in this country.

but since i wasnt alive for the age of slavery or the 50s or 60s and i am responsible for my own actions

i have none.... the biggest reason i didnt vote for obama then or will in 2012 is because of what he is

a liberal democrat.

edit on 18-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'll be waiting for Jeremiah Wright to chime in on this.
I'm sure he has risen from under the bus by now.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There was one "un-scripted" townhall public q&a in January after the election around the timing of Pres State of the Union speech. A young black boy got the opportunity to the Pres elect a question that made him speechless "President Obama, we need help?"
not one word...why?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Obama is rallying his peeps because he knows blacks are realizing they are more conservative than they've cared to admit.

Originally posted by Granite

not one word...why?

It's called the deer in the headlght.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Well, I just wish this movie was coming out before the elections. Instead of just a landslide, it would probably make it an earthquake. As for the comment, of course it is. As others have stated, just place his comment in say David Duke's mouth, would it get the same oh he just made a general statement.

But remember folks. Black theology allows them to be racist. Because they do not have the power, supposedly.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Black theology allows them to be racist.

Yep. Read up and learn about Obama's black power cult in which he was a member for 20 years.
Obama's Church not you Average Christian Church
Oh .. and read up on Black Liberation Theology ..

Straight from the cult to which Obama believed in for 20 years -
(if he didn't believe it .. he wouldn't have sat there for that long)

1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the Black Community
3. Commitment to the Black Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
6. Adherence to the Black Work Ethic
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness"
9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.

Now exchange all the 'black' for 'white"
Would a white man have been elected if he attended a white power cult for 20 years that thought this??

1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the White Community
3. Commitment to the White Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
6. Adherence to the White Work Ethic
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness"
9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.

Here's a 'lovely' quote from James Cones about Black Liberation Theology ..

"If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill gods who do not belong to the black community."

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

No, we don't have a white caucus....never will.......and the racists on the left will say it's because we don't need one. Funny, only the whites don't need a seperate caucus, and yet we are still the racists. Well, I guess there is hope since the media even mentioned this.....I mean a year ago, they'd have never released something like this. Way to go on bringing the country together and being post racial there Obama........can't wait until 2012.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Funny, does Obama realize that with each passing day that many more "black" Americans are growing frustrated with his performance as our president?

The unique thing about being a bad president is that eventually you will lose the support of even those blinded by race alone.

When you suck as president regardless of your race, people tend to equally turn on you.

Perhaps the president should consider creating some kind of legal regime that would force all black Americans to vote for him, or they could lose any and all government benefits?

Yeah, that would work.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This could have been said to any group. And has been. How many religious groups have these same words been spoken to? How many women's groups? Texans, Hispanics, Military groups, Republicans!

Why is it only a big deal when it's a black audience?

This is absolutely normal for a politician to rally the groups who supported him! Except if he's black, of course.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Any group.......except whites. Apologize your life away, but racism happens on both sides......even if you don't want to see it. Just use the last President for an example.......if he'd have said this we'd still ave it in the news 2 years into Obamas administration........pathetic tripe.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
..if he'd have said this

If he'd have said what? Here's what Obama said:

"I need everybody here to go back to your neighborhoods, to go back to your workplaces, to go to the churches, and go to the barbershops and go to the beauty shops. And tell them we've got more work to do," Obama said to cheers from a black-tie audience at the Washington Convention Center. "Tell them we can't wait to organize. Tell them that the time for action is now."

I'm sure previous presidents and other politicians have said something very similar to a white audience.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Seeing that the OP brought this thread up in another similar thread, and boasted that none of us "apologists" had shown our faces here. I felt compelled to come and say "Hello".

There is a black caucus, which existed long before Obama was even in politics.
Obama is black.
Obama is President.
The black President spoke to the black Congressmen.
The black President told the black Congressmen to get people motivated to vote.

And this amounts to some horrendous breach of standards???

Really???

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Um, yup, someone other than me started another one....I simply commented on it. And I was right, if you make it look against the White people, it gets jumped on alot quiker. Let's see, has any other president had a caucus made up only of white people, not in current times? If you can't see the difference in this happening here the media truely did it's job on you. He is and has been a racist for along time, along with his wife, but hey I get it, as long as us white people go along with it, it's o.k. because, as these threads prove, if you're white and point it ot, you;re a racist. Epic Fail all the way around.

edit on 19-9-2010 by adifferentbreed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Um, yup, someone other than me started another one....I simply commented on it. And I was right, if you make it look against the White people, it gets jumped on alot quiker. Let's see, has any other president had a caucus made up only of white people, not in current times? If you can't see the difference in this happening here the media truely did it's job on you. He is and has been a racist for along time, along with his wife, but hey I get it, as long as us white people go along with it, it's o.k. because, as these threads prove, if you're white and point it ot, you;re a racist. Epic Fail all the way around.

edit on 19-9-2010 by adifferentbreed because: (no reason given)

I'm white and don't worry that I don't have a congressional white congress to represent me.

The fact is that they're all crooks and most of them are white anyway.

And your point about no other president not having a racially same caucus to talk to is an empty argument because all the other Presidents were white men.

So, here's some food for thought. Let's elect a Latino President so that he won't have anyone to be accused of being in collusion with.

edit on 9/19/10 by Hefficide because: forgot a whole word.... how does one forget an entire word???

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Except maybe the hispanic caucus.....hmmmm, see trend here. As Punisher75 stated on the other thread," I think the idea of a president who is addressing a group that is predominantly of one race or another is not the issue. The issue is the addressing a group of people who are gathered together BECAUSE of their race is the issue. " What an easy way to sum it up.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I'm all for dropping all of the race specific nonsense in the world. But that isn't the subject at hand. We aren't debating the rights and wrongs of the existence of a Congressional black caucus.

Apparently we're freaking out because a *gasp* black President talked to them.

Only, here's a secret, every white President in recent history also talked to them too.

It's a non issue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join