It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has trouble quoting the Declaration of Independence.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
I'm beginning to wonder when he will actually start to be President and stop campaigning and taking vacations.

My graphics cards blurs up the titles of Youtube videos for some reason, must have a slightly off driver or something.

One of the Biggest things that irks me about Obama is that he STILL seems in Presidential Election Campaign Mode. You won, now start acting Presidential instead of still running for the office.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

actually god did

god made those men and those ideals to write the constitution and the declaration of independence.

those pieces are paper were inspired with the belief in the divine.

but thats only if you believe in the divine if your not a believer then its just a couple of pieces of paper.

edit on 18-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

As for Obama who knows why he left it out, maybe he, like many of us, sees how absurd it is in the 21st century to think that our rights came from some spooky invisible guy in the clouds.

It also states "all men". Many whom don't believe in God...

I think the writers simply meant these "Rights" are a given and No One can remove them..

link   
reply to post by neo96

I respectfully disagree. Faith has nothing to do with freedom. I KNOW I am free, but I do not know there is a God. I believe in the Constitution but have doubts about God. The "papers" outline the freedoms of Man, not the religion it is based on.

link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

It wan't an outline, he tried to quote a specific passage and flubbed it.

I personally think that this isn't a non issue. I personally would like my President to know something like that, espeacially if he was supposed to have taught it at a university.

Kind of like wanting your childrens math teacher to be able to know that two plus two equals four.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Absolutely.

In no way am I trying to say the Founders didn't have good ideas about our rights... I'm just saying the idea they came from a sky being is a bit silly today...

The idea that all men should be equal under the law and government is a good idea, regardless of who or what is bestowing the rights

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The Major is not surprised at all. The old adage is, there are no atheist in foxholes; seeing that Barack Hussein Obama has never been in a foxhole, the Major is rather confident there isn't a man of faith in the White House. Those who attribute the Muslim faith to Barack Hussein Obama give him far too much credit as he is far too narcissistic to prostate himself before a higher power; with the exception of House of Saud. Obama views religion as a tool to control the masses, and an inconvenience to his agenda no more, no less.

The Major would like to take this time to thank the recruits who put Barack Hussein Obama in the Major's chain of command.

Dismissed.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Major Discrepancy because: URL compliance

link   
reply to post by Becoming

Let me make it clear that I am not a fan of Obama, but what proof do you have that he flubbed it? He paused and blinked! I do the same thing when I order Sushi! Tis to be human. Not nefarious against our Constitution. How many videos show Bush or Reagan pausing mid speech? Non issue, if you please.

link   

your free to think that way thats what those papers were all about

but you do owe that freedom to their beleifs in their maker

edit on 18-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Silly to you, but it isn't silly to others.

You believe what you want and let others to believe what they want. Freedom of religion and all. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that the words are what they are and he flubbed it.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Yes but I think you interpret it slightly wrong..

To me, God Given means "at birth"...We are "born" free and with "rights".

Not that God wrote the laws.....

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

People are free to believe whatever they choose to believe. That's what I am about; but to say that this is proof Obama is against the American people, or is any less of a potus, is just silly. This is nothing more than a political speech to appease the crowd.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Um, the proof is that he quoted that very nice piece of paper and got the words wrong.

I don't know what other proof you are wanting.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

I understand what you mean and I know Jefferson, who wrote the Declaration, wasn't exactly hardcore in his religious beliefs. I'm not saying that the Founders intended it to be taken as the rights being given by a God (though at least to me it seems they are with the wording "endowed by their Creator") however many Christians today believe that and I think that may be why Obama omitted that portion. He has mentioned non-believers more than any other President to my knowledge so maybe he saw those words and thought that might not sit right with all Americans so he left it out.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: I'm Batman

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

well take a look at any other video and come and tell me that..

obama is agianst some people in this country and he is agianst anyone who doesnt think like him

and he publicly "calls them out" at every chance he gets.

it is a fact that he denounces the right at every turn and to say that he truly is a real representative of every american in this country well he isnt.

last time i looked the president of these united states is suppose to be the president - the representative of every color, race and creed and views in this country and myself and others see this.

the president of this country is suppose to speak for every single person living here and its a fact he doesnt.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

How do we know the speech was not written to anticipate a pause at that particular part of the speech? What if the speech was written that way? It could be completely scripted, intending to play off of the emotion of the crowd, or he flubbed it. Either way, what is the point. So even if he doesn't know the complete order of the words, even though he's a Constitutional scholar, it doesn't mean anything!

Can we impeach him for a HUMAN mistake? Could you quote it verbatim yourself.....with an entire crowd in front of you?

Silly, just silly.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

So let me close by saying this. Long before America was even an idea, this land of plenty was home to many peoples. To British and French, to Dutch and Spanish, to Mexican -- (applause) -- to countless Indian tribes. We all shared the same land. We didn’t always get along. But over the centuries, what eventually bound us together -- what made us all Americans -- was not a matter of blood, it wasn’t a matter of birth. It was faith and fidelity to the shared values that we all hold so dear. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, endowed with certain inalienable rights: life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Official White House Transcript

Interesting, the transcript shows it exactly the way he said it.

I wonder if the transcript just records exactly what he says or if it shows the speech as it was written.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Please be specific about a certain video and I will comment on it. I cannot explain each video of Obama's speeches and I will not try. I do have to say that..... I don't know about you, but not one of the potus speaks for me, I do that for myself.

edit on 18-9-2010 by sheepslayer247 because: because I can

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

He has mentioned non-believers more than any other President to my knowledge so maybe he saw those words and thought that might not sit right with all Americans so he left it out.

Quite possible..Its a hard thing to alter, and rightly so..

But I would agree, some believe the Church should not be a consideration in Polotics.

Therefore the word God or Creator should be ommited..

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well maybe he is doing what I did with the pledge -

I did not believe in god, so I left it out, many kids I knew did.

I suppose this further undermines everyones belief in god since many of you seem to love him so, this must
have shaken the house of god in the heavens...

I am sure so many of you question your beliefs now.

Hey, but look one the bright side,,, if he is Atheist, then at least he is not a secret Muslim

.....or is HE!!!

edit on 18-9-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join