It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is slowly moving away from the Sun

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Maybe this could explain why Mars is like it is today, as it once may have been in Earths orbit.

As the Sun uses up mass to provide fuel for nuclear fusion (converting hydrogen to helium in it's core), it gets lighter. So, as it gets lighter, the gravitational force between the earth and Sun decreases, and so the earth moves farther away.

That would make Venus the next Earth.

Once again, I suspect Noahs Ark was actually a vehicle to move life to the next Planet for survival at the right time.
We all can agree nothing is constant, including planetary orbit.

Just a thought..

edit on 18-9-2010 by earth2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Interesting thought!

If Venus is next, then Mercury, then that would be the last of all life in this solar system.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

As the Sun uses up mass to provide fuel for nuclear fusion (converting hydrogen to helium in it's core), it gets lighter. So, as it gets lighter, the gravitational force between the earth and Sun decreases, and so the earth moves farther away.

But doesn't the Sun's strong gravitational force also pull in many object that increase it's mass and feed the reactions?

I don't know enough to say if it is loosing mass or not..

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There was a speculation in the scientific community that as the sun gets bigger our moon will actually pull earth away from it. When the sun is a red giant and eats up mercury and venus, earth will be saved by a hair. Yeah everything on earth will be disinigrated but the planet itself will still exist thanks to our moon, which has saved us more than once so far and already helped supply life on earth.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Maybe this could explain why Mars is like it is today, as it once may have been in Earths orbit.

Once again, I suspect Noahs Ark was actually a vehicle to move to the next Planet for survivle when it is time.

Just a thought..

I can see earth slowly moving away as it isnt in a perfect orbit, could be slowly destructive. But, as the Sun converts hydrogen to helium and other substances, they settle at the core because they are heavier causing the density to increase. Since gravity is theoretically defined by density, the sun's gravitational pull should increase as it's life goes on. So maybe we're getting closer, very slowly.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

Ok, assuming the opposite if you are correct and Earth is moving closer to the Sun, then Mars was actually were earth is now...right?

So the opposite theory would apply..

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Uhh...so then Jupiter was before Mars?

Riiiight!

edit on 18/9/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I don't think so, from what I understand the Sun is LOSING mass, not gaining. Hence, less gravity.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So Futurama was right? We will have 28 hrs a day eh?

Just a thought..

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
That is a fantastic theory.
See if any of the info here might back that idea.
The translation shows the Earth being terra formed back in history.
Read the Chronicle, but read the study notes first so you know these guys are on the level.

www.thechronicleproject.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Well I'm glad you at least know which way we're heading, and yes the earth is moving away from the sun although at an incredibly slow rate, maybe a centimetre a year.

Just for clarity as well, the earths orbit around the sun is elliptical, so there are times when we are much further away than other times.

The funny thing is, the sun is losing mass but will eventually grow so large it will consume all of the nearby planets, earth included.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by earth2

Uhh...so then Jupiter was before Mars?

Riiiight!

edit on 18/9/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

lol dripping with sarcasm and nobody notices what a waste. i must admit some of the logic and reasoning in here is amusing to say the least. i dont think any of the planets are replacing other planets orbits. if anything mars is lighter in terms of mass to the earth so if the gravitational pull of the sun was decreasing all the planets would be moving away from the sun not just the earth.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Once again, I suspect Noahs Ark was actually a vehicle to move life to the next Planet for survival at the right time.

Just a thought

A thought, perhaps, but I have had the very same thoughts, my friend. All except the Ark of Noah. Noah was known in the Akkadian version of the Flood story as Utnapishtim,(sp) and he was told by Enki that the coming passage of Nibiru would in face flood most of the civilized world, the Mesopotamian Valley. Noah build a submarine of sorts, sealed with Bitumen, and took aboard DNA samples, not actual animals, plants, birds. Noah's family would be enough to jump start humanity again.

By the way, I too happen to think that human like being live on Venus right now. Ever heard of Valiant Thor from the Planet Venus? Some say the appearance of Venus is a shield to keep others away.

But back to the original thought, yes, I can see that the Sun is losing some of it's fuel, and also losing gravitational pull on the planets in our solar system, so Earth would in face tend to move away from the Sun.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
My goodness, if I had a dime for every time I open a thread with a title making a bold exclamation, only to find out that the content is really just an open-ended question or baseless speculation, I'd be a very rich man.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The Earth IS moving away from the sun at a rate of about 15cm a year. This has been known for quit some time now.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I don't think so, from what I understand the Sun is LOSING mass, not gaining. Hence, less gravity.

The sun isnt losing mass because it is constantly turning hydrogen into heavier elements. There is going to be less amount of atoms of hydrogen, but two hydrogens turn into one helium, two helium turns into Beryllium, beryllium to oxygen, and so on. The total amount of atoms decreases, but the atoms themselves get heavier, and closer together.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Really?

Because I suspect it's just a story about a localized regional flood that happened in Mesopotamia and was exaggerated into a Global Flood via Middle Eastern oral tradition and incorporated into the Epic of Gilgamesh and eventually the Bible...

Hmmm... Spaceship from Mars or exaggerated story about a real flood

The rate at which our planet is moving away from the sun is very very slow so the idea that they needed to build an emergency ship in order to move life from Mars seems odd, they would have had centuries, perhaps even millenia, before the planet would have been too far away to sustain life.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: I'm Batman

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shiman

The sun isnt losing mass because it is constantly turning hydrogen into heavier elements. There is going to be less amount of atoms of hydrogen, but two hydrogens turn into one helium, two helium turns into Beryllium, beryllium to oxygen, and so on. The total amount of atoms decreases, but the atoms themselves get heavier, and closer together.

solar-center.stanford.edu...

The sun is losing mass at a rate of about 5 million tons a second. But the sun is so massive that really does not mean much. A CME can throw 100's of millions tons of matter out.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
My goodness, if I had a dime for every time I open a thread with a title making a bold exclamation, only to find out that the content is really just an open-ended question or baseless speculation, I'd be a very rich man.

Wake up. first its in the skunk area, second it not baseless title. The Earth is moving away from the sun.

Meany britches.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

From what I understand the Sun is losing mass.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join