It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'West fails to spread Iranophobia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

We have been saying this here in ATS for quiet a while now, some people will deny it, and claim there is actually a threat coming from Iran, or that their governing system sux because it is different etc..

A WOMAN blinded in an acid attack by a man she rejected is taking her revenge under Iran’s Sharia law.
She will literally have an eye for an eye when a doctor, acting under the orders of an Islamic court, applies 20 drops of acid to each of her attacker’s eyes.

The fact of the matter is, Iran has becoming a thriving example for the Middle Eastern + Islamic nations of the world.

The US wants to spread its own system, hence Democracy and Capitalism therefore is trying to spread Iranophobia..

I'm gonna start using that word now

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

Not sure about Iran being some sort of international threat. But don't even begin to pretend they are something noble. Each year they execute men and women for the most trivial offences. You claim the acid is some how good as getting revenge, and in that case I would be inclined to agree. But what about all the gay people Iran executes simply for existing. The teacher who had his hand cut off for a question on a test. The women who are whipped for getting raped.

The list goes on and on.

I couldn't care less if Iran or any country wants special and insane religious laws. However to demand people be extradited back to Iran so they can be hanged for being gay... That is just horrific.
If Sharia and the countries practicing gave the options of people to leave. I would not mind so long as there were places for those people to go.

Sharia does not do that however. Sharia law is a monstrosity that encourages honor killings. It should not be seen as remotely positive.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

We have been saying this here in ATS for quiet a while now, some people will deny it, and claim there is actually a threat coming from Iran, or that their governing system sux because it is different etc..

A WOMAN blinded in an acid attack by a man she rejected is taking her revenge under Iran’s Sharia law.
She will literally have an eye for an eye when a doctor, acting under the orders of an Islamic court, applies 20 drops of acid to each of her attacker’s eyes.

The fact of the matter is, Iran has becoming a thriving example for the Middle Eastern + Islamic nations of the world.

The US wants to spread its own system, hence Democracy and Capitalism therefore is trying to spread Iranophobia..

I'm gonna start using that word now

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

"An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind"
Mahatma Gandhi...

I used to think that people from the middle east were not as the elites said but it turns out, all they seem capable of is spreading anti-WEST propaganda and as this latest news snippet shows, are in fact as barbaric as tptb would have us believe...

edit on 19-9-2010 by strangleholder1 because: my reason for the edit...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Your source is worthless and you are shamelessly, perhaps even unknowingly, linking Iranian propaganda to fuel your argument. That was my point, I wasn't trying to avoid anything but nice try.

Focusing on the message:

"Since the Islamic Revolution, the West has been seeking to spread Iranophobia among neighboring and regional countries but after three decades everyone knows that there is no such a threat,"

“The West” has intentionally failed to spread “Iranophobia” through the covering-up of information conducive to the spread of “Iranophobia”.

“Everyone knows there is no such a threat” – sophisticated and convincing language chock full of facts, which sits nicely next to his made-up words, is he 9 years old? Iran is a threat and the relevant people have known this for a long time, I've explained the threat in part several times on these boards. Do you think he is unaware of the dealings of his own country?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

Do you even know why Ghandi was praised by the colonial powers? Eh, but that is a whole different subject, I wish I could come to your house, rape your daughter and sister, hold you as a slave, and instead of fighting, you go on hunger strike

I never thought Westerners were that arrogant, but you just proved me wrong. Do you think that your system is better than an eye for an eye? You gonna have to kinda prove that, because last I heard, over a million Americans are in prison, and still crime is up there next to the clouds.. Since you quoted Ghandi, I will quote Einstein just for fun, I like this one:
"doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Albert Einstein

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The crime part is a bit skewed. Politicians take money to increase penalties and basically more people wind up in prison for their profit. There is not so much more crime as it is 'capitalist opportunism'. Though, honestly I think having politicians willing to throw away peoples lives is worse than the idea of many criminals.

Crap does need changing. There are too many cases where the punishment doesn't fit the crime ala: people should not be in prison for life for stealing a slice of pizza all so some republican can get elected for being tough on crime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join