It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christine O'Donnell: "I dabbled into witchcraft"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I did a search but this doesn't seem to have been posted yet. Apologies if it has been.

Let me just preface this by saying I don't really know all that much about this woman and I haven't been following all the antics associated with this particular political freakshow, but from what little I have seen of her, she strikes me as dumber than a sack of hammers.

I gather she is running on some kind of squeaky-clean hyper-Christian platform, and yet here we see a clip of her on TV in 1999 admitting she "dabbled into witchcraft." She also describes a bizzare "first date" involving a "satanic alter" with "a little blood there and stuff like that." (actual quotes). Now, that in itself doesn't mean all that much to me either way, but the continuing hypocracy (not to mention poor speaking and grammar skills) of this woman should be an issue to those who would like to blindly support her. I imagine the minds of ATS will also enjoy playing around with the whole Satanic aspect. Have at it, folks.

edit on 9/18/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I don't know much about her either, but I've heard some things discussed such as the "masturbation is a sin" deal, and something about America being a country within America misspeak. I look at it this way; If I were to run for office in ten years, I'm sure someone somewhere would be able to dig up some things that wouldn't be too flattering. I bought the Satanic bible once, and I read some books that might be considered controversial to some. I did these things out of curiosity, and not because I wanted to become a Satanist. If I was in front of a microphone and camera as often as some of these politicians are (hundreds of hours of tape), I have no doubt in my mind that eventually I'd misspeak and say something stupid.

I don't think anyone can live up to the standards that some of us expect these politicians to live up to. Very few in this world grew up to have the perfect childhood and young adulthood. If we're going to focus on anything, we should focus on the topics the politician is going to have power over. Obviously this woman has no power to outlaw masturbation, and she isn't going to order that everyone practice witchcraft in schools. If she dabbled in some things in her life, so what? People do stupid things when they're young, they grow up, learn from their mistakes, and try to make the best of it.

Now, if she was caught lying and deceiving the voting public, if she was caught embezzling money, if she was caught in a horrible scandal that would render her a corrupt politician, I'd understand those attacks. If her opponents attacked her on policy and the actions she plans to take when elected, I'd understand those attacks as well. If her opponents prove beyond a doubt that she's been a terrible leader up to this point, I'll listen. All these other silly attacks about masturbation and misspeak from when she was a young adult is just a distraction from what's really important. Let's face it, there's very few of us who grew up as angels and without some character flaws.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Very well said 2manyquestions.
Although desirable, I don't remember ever reading where excellent grammar and speaking skills were a requirement to hold office, as evidenced by Joe Biden, Barney Frank, and (GASP) our very own President who can't even form a complete sentence if he's more than 3 feet from a teleprompter.....
I think some of her so-called "flaws" are EXACTLY why people like her- she's not perfect and doesn't claim to be.She's more like a "regular" person than some career politician from the "old-boy network"....

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

You make some good points. It's interesting to ponder how the whole democratic process is going to change due to all the raw information, youtube clips, social networking records, etc. that politicians in the future will inevitably have to deal with.

You are correct, this is not as important as illegal activity would be, for example. And personally, I don't care whether she dresses up in wolfskin to howl at the full moon every month. To be honest, I'm much more concerned about her general mental competence than anything else. But the reason why this is worth noting, IMHO, is that she has built her public persona on an appeal to a rather extreme form of Christianity. If she herself wants this to be a central part of the debate on who she is and what she stands for, then she opens hereself up to closer scrutiny on the issue and risks alienating the "base" she is trying to attract.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

I believe there has been a severe decline in the mental quality of all recent presidents and most other politicians, Democrat and Republican alike. Each election cycle seems to set the bar at new lows.

I don't want "regular folks" to be in control of things. I'd like somebody with a higher than average IQ, a good working knowledge of history, philosophy, politics, social issues, law, etc. They don't have to be Einsteins, but as public figures it is frankly embarrasing if they don't have command of the basic facts.

And as for the "old boy's network," the "outsider" approach is meaningless because as you climb the ranks you get increasingly co-opted by the system. It doesn't matter how much of an "outsider" she is now,,,you can bet that if her political career goes anywhere she will "go along to get along" or else the machine will reject her.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Dabbling into witchcraft doesn't sound very hygienic.

It doesn't sound like this is really all that big a deal; another stupid politician saying stupid things. It'll never change.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

You make some good points. It's interesting to ponder how the whole democratic process is going to change due to all the raw information, youtube clips, social networking records, etc. that politicians in the future will inevitably have to deal with.

You are correct, this is not as important as illegal activity would be, for example. And personally, I don't care whether she dresses up in wolfskin to howl at the full moon every month. To be honest, I'm much more concerned about her general mental competence than anything else. But the reason why this is worth noting, IMHO, is that she has built her public persona on an appeal to a rather extreme form of Christianity. If she herself wants this to be a central part of the debate on who she is and what she stands for, then she opens hereself up to closer scrutiny on the issue and risks alienating the "base" she is trying to attract.

Maybe these things she said as a young adult might turn some groups away from her, but I think most normal people (including in the semi-religious crowd) realize that everyone experimented in one form or another when they were young, even the hardcore Christians she might be going after. I'm not in favor or against her, I haven't done my research, so my comments were based on the attacks. They just sound desperate, as if this is the best offense they can come up with.

Clinton admitted to smoking marijuana when he was young, but then as a politician/President fought the war on drugs. Politicians are allowed to be human, they are allowed to have a religion they practice, but they are required to make decisions that are good for the whole of the country instead of policies that reflect their personal beliefs. I've known some crazy people in my life who have had some strange beliefs, but when it came to their job, they were hard to beat. The question is, can she get the job done?

I'm simply saying that if the opposition is going to attack her, do so by exposing her inability to get things done and proving she'll be an incompetent leader instead of digging up irrelevant quotes about dabbling in witchcraft (something she clearly says for entertainment purposes instead of a serious confession). Are there no records of her screwing something up on the job? That would be far more important information I'd like to hear about.

If you take a hundred hours of audio of me and then edit it down to a few sentences, I don't doubt you'll be able to make me sound crazy in one way or another. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Her comments were something about having a midnight dinner on a satanic alter with blood around them. She made it sound like she was a passive person along for the ride, in the interview.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I find it interesting that there is no longer any attempt to disguise media bias.

If you bring up questions about Barney Frank's involvement in the Fannie/Freddie collapse, you are "homo-phobic". If you question Barack Hussein Obama's Muslim background, you are "Islamo-phobic". If you question Obama's citizenship, you are "racist". If you question Obama's past social connections, you are "racist". Heck, if you question Obama's anything, you are "racist".

But, blathering about O'Donnell's past and her religious views, is good "journalism".

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well, as a Witch, I'd say whatever.......but the whole Satanic thing is seperate and doesn't need to be equated with it, it just helps feed that stereotype. I think it's a good thing she has flaws, instead of a crminal background....makes a person seem normal. As far as the bias thing in the media......yup, spot on, they are gonna look at her so hard it's not even funny....I hope she didn't do something horrible say in kindergarden, like eat paste or something.....next thing you know that would evolve into a full blown adhesive addiction.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I do not agree with Christine O'Donnell on very much at all.

But as far as her "dabbling" in witchcraft, I have to say she was young and probably curious. When I was in my 20's I seriously looked into Wicca (not Satanism) although I did read some Aleister Crowley, who was a pretty sinister character. I later returned to the religion I was raised in. I'm not sorry, though, for the exploration of many different belief systems that I went through. I now have a more open mind than I would have otherwise.

I'm on the other end of the political spectrum from O'Donnell now, though we apparently both were curious when we were young. An interest in the occult is not necessarily a precursor of a particular political leaning.

I think the implications of Satanism might shake up her fundamentalist base, which tends to be afraid of any kind of witchcraft, so this video is probably not a good thing for O'Donnell.

My reaction is to be glad that she is being exposed as something of a fraud, but as far as her brief flirtation with witchcraft goes, I say nyaah, so what?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

The woman is already a loon who is anti-Masturbation and now here she is painting Witchcraft with that broad brush that only Christians can.

I can remember reading pieces of Christian propaganda when I was a teen all about how Dungeons and Dragons could lead you into witchcraft and get you possessed so that you would rape people and kill them... No seriously that's the level these propagandists operate on. In fact, I remember the book I read that in:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f0709d78993.jpg[/atsimg]

I remember my Dad confiscating my Pokemon cards and telling me I couldn't have them back because there was talk of ghosts and psychics and that was of the Devil and I was warned, in no uncertain terms, that Magic the Gathering Cards were a pathway to darkness. As absurd as that sounds, as downright silly as it sounds, it scared me to death as a kid.

So when she says she dabbled in witchcraft what she's actually doing is that classic Christian fear tactic "I went there, don't make the mistake I did"

Disgusting

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

OK WITCH...

as for witchcraft being a religon...nowadays statanism is a religon...in secular societys that happens...(simple point -kurds in n.iraq are zarastrians who wanted a secular state..to allow worship of ALL religon..ALL????)

BUT IT DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT THAT WITCHCRAFT SOLELY DEPENDS ON MANIPULATION OF THE SOCIETY FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL GAIN...ON WHIMS THEY CAN MANIPULATE THEMSELVES THAT EATING A NEWBORN CHILD AND DRINKING ITS BLOOD WILL BRING THEM BLESSINGS ???

if that is a religon to you then you are confused..witchcraftary is a cult of people who band together to HYPNOTISE, MANIPULATE,SABOTAGE society FOR PERSONAL GAIN.

dont believe me here is my evidence

"THE CULT OF KHNUM".- ANCIENT EGYPT (google khnum an take a look at him)

IMHOTEP (preist to pharaoh Djoser) IN ANCIENT EGYPT STARTED THIS CULT...HE LEARNT HOW TO CONTROL THE PHARAOH.- egypt went through 7yrs of drought..Djoser sent his priest to elephantine (thought to be the source of the nile) to investigate. imhotep returned claiming the god khnum was "upset" with the pharaoh. and demand sacrifice/offerings.
HE MADE DJOSER PREY TO "HIS" CULT OF KHNUM - the first time a pharaoh had to prey to anyone!...then imhotep grew rich by making the pharaoh pay large sums to this cult in turn for the nile to flood each year!

today imhoteps followers are running the world through this type of manipulation
This is true withcraft...MANIPULTION for control.

next witch you meeet ask them about the cult of khnum...then send em my way for an earbashing lol

ALSO The word satan..CAME FROM THE FOLLOWERS OF "SET"- the person that killed osiris, cut him up in peices etc - "sunset)"

As a Wiccan im sure you are not "evil" etc...but the people at the top of your religon sure are... I BET WTH PEOPLE LIKE YOU..THEY MAKE YOU WASTE YOUR TIME WITH HERBS/MEDICINE, CHANTS/PRAYERS..WELL THEY ARE PROFILING YOU TO SEE IF YOU ARE CAPABLE TO BE ENTRUSTED WITH THERE MORE SENSITIVE BELIEFS, WHICH MOST WICCANS DONT KNOW ABOUT.

THEY SAY THEY ARE NATURAL HEALERS ETC...SO WHY DID THE WICCANS GET BURNT..FOR HEALING???? SOCIETY BACK THEN WAS DODGY I KNOW..BLACK PPL GOT IT HARD.

BUT:.

DO YOU KNOW WHO IS RELATED TO A PERSON WHO WAS ACTUALLY BURNT AT THAT TRIAL...
SARAH JESSICA PARKER...- NOW THAT IS A WITCH.. she has pushed the moral boundarys for a lot of women...the manipulation for women to become products..!

so mrs wiccan...LEARN YOUR OWN HISTORY..OR WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO PUT A SPELL ON ME..
YOU SEEM TO FORGET
I AM PHARAOH

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

Couple of things there....first I'm male, secondly, decidely not Wiccan, thirdly, get a grip. First, this is not OT secondly, anytime you'd care to tell me the origion of my way of life ( I don't consider Witchcraft a religion thank you very much), I'd be more than happy to debate it with you. I never said Satanism wasn't a religion.....please don't put words in my mouth......I did say that it is sterotyped as having to do something with Witchcraft......the media definitely doesn't help with this. Have a nice night..........

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think the whole Satanist blood thing was a big fat lie.
Please.
She's a nut, and lying about the altar of blood just fits with her hillbilly brand of christianity.
She's just short of throwing acid on her face to bring folks to Jesus.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

I like how you're trying to lecture a witch on what he believes and claiming it involves drinking the blood of infants, that's classic cartoonish propaganda there. Run from the baby eaters.

witchcraftary is a cult of people who band together to HYPNOTISE, MANIPULATE,SABOTAGE society FOR PERSONAL GAIN.

That sounds like EVERY religion actually. In fact I vote that this be the new definition of religion, we just need to clean up the spelling and submit it to Websters

You then go off on very random speculation somehow trying to link ancient Egyptian mysticism with modern day Witchcraft practices.

next witch you meeet ask them about the cult of khnum...then send em my way for an earbashing lol

Pretty sure they've all been dead for centuries... but of course you don't believe that do you? You're one of those who believe that some ancient Egyptian Occult blood-line is ruling the Earth, likely draining power from Satan and all that fresh squeezed baby blood

but the people at the top of your religon sure are

Again I am reminded directly of other religions. The Pope springs to mind instantly, he's a pretty evil guy at the top of a religion...

So who is at the top of Witchcraft? Give me a couple names at least...

THEY MAKE YOU WASTE YOUR TIME WITH HERBS/MEDICINE, CHANTS/PRAYERS

Again directly reminded of other religions. But then there are how many Witches in the world? A few million tops. There's probably higher numbers of Scientologists and there are definitely more members of Islam and Christianity... So then where are all these witches and their evil blood drinking at?

the manipulation for women to become products

Your post is a riot... Women are products now thanks to Sarah Jessica Parker? Oh my God,

Again I am reminded of other religions, you know there's verses in the Bible that talk about how to sell your daughter into slavery. The idea of women being second-hand citizens or not being citizens at all goes back centuries, it isn't exactly brand new and it definitely has nothing to do with witchcraft.

Congrats, you are the first person EVER to win my Double Face Palm of the Day Award:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01e86b401205.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I wasn't going to get into the other nonsense (baby killing etc), but thanks for pointing out the obvious. I just didn't want to go off topic and derail this thread. As I stated, I'd be more than be willing to debate him/her on this.....let's see what happens.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
I think the whole Satanist blood thing was a big fat lie.
Please.
She's a nut, and lying about the altar of blood just fits with her hillbilly brand of christianity.
She's just short of throwing acid on her face to bring folks to Jesus.

Who's to say there wasn't animal blood on the altar? There are different types of Satanists. There are those who really believe in doing the opposite of what God commanded in the bible (sacrifices and sadism), and then there are those who follow Anton LaVey who was on a more humanistic, philosophical path. Kids do stupid things sometimes, including sacrificing animals to the "unholy one". Teenagers and young adults are too impressionable at times. Some will do anything to feel a little more powerful.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

There are those who really believe in doing the opposite of what God commanded in the bible

But then wouldn't that require them to bring animals back to life?

I mean the God of the Bible commands animal sacrifices and even human sacrifice (that whole Abraham Isaac incident
)

Sorry, just nit-picking, I agree with what you said. Satanism comes in quite a few different forms and unfortunately the secular humanist branches usually get stuck with the same bad reputation as the few "bad apples" who do practice animal sacrifice and such.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

haaa.. your funny... yea i was being contraversial..but..always a but!...cmon..a witch lol

they are fantasizing about being a witch...when obviuosly through the years the make up of a witch has changed.

im not saying an ancient cult from egypt run the world!!!etc

i am saying that the control exerted on the soveirgn ruler of egypt was one through what is called today "witchcraft". this was started by imhotep.
they even TOOK rulership (18th dynasty pharaohs)...it was a cult of PRIESTS, who worked as a covenant across egypt controling the people as well as the PHARAOH.
but only pharaoh was authorized by the gods to use the knowledge that the priests used to manipulate the people and control them.

so Imhoteps cult of control is modern day witchery.
as for the other aspects of blood drinking, sacrifices for blessings etc...these are methods used by the old priests to see.
1) loyalty to religon/cult
2) control
3) hypnotic manipulation into believing the prayer/sacrfice is helping you
4) most importantly...the more humiliating/difficult and normally disgusting to you a ritual is....then the more chance you can not go back on your belief for doing such an act.
DO YOU REMEMBER SET FROM CONAN...UNRIGHTFUL RULER CONTROLED THE MASSES THROUGH HIS CULT
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1302f76d03e5.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b71c17ee764.jpg[/atsimg]

IN ANCIENT EGYPTIAN RELIGON SET WAS THE KILLER OF THE RIGHTFUL RULER OSIRIS (HIS BROTHER)
HIS SON BEATS SET AN TAKES CONTROL.

as for the "who is at the top" question...um.. i dont care lol

well the rothchild tribunal runs money so if money is controlling you, then its them.
if you have a bloodlust..i think it was alester crawley or whoever

its more like a web of groups. but they are worshipping the cult of man...they have no god..which means they do what they want and if you have god ur considered inferior.
Scientology...no room for morals...if the chemicals in ur body make u horny...an there is a boy in the room...2+2= 4"

just saying witchs used to be priests defying the gods..starting the cult of khnum
today some christians dont pray to god but to jesus their lord hmmmm noticed. why has the pope got t he initials "RA" after his name...RA sungod of egypt??? maybe or maybe not lol

edit on 19-9-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join