It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turmeric: Cure for Alzheimer's Disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Turmeric also found in curry has been proven to prevent and cure Alzheimer's disease. It's main function is to stop inflammation therefore it is VERY good for your body. In terms of curing the disease what it does is get rid of the plaque build up in your brain which is how Alzheimer's occurs in the first place.

As many of you guys know most American food, if not all does NOT contain this spice. A study done in India showed that Alzheimer's disease is very uncommon. People 65+ living in certain rural areas of India have a less than 1 percent (0.84%) chance of developing this disease. In the larger cities and rural areas of India, the risk is just 2.4 percent.1,2

When you compare the percentages to to people 65+ living in the United States. ( depending on where you are living ) the chances of developing Alzheimer's disease range from a little under 5 percent to an astonishing 17 percent.

Though no one knows for sure the cause of this disease. I believe (and I am not a doctor) that poor eating habits and lifestyle choices can lead to this, as well as genetics and environment.

So, I recommend to all of you to welcome this spice into your cooking. It's very flavorful and not only can it prevent and cure Alzheimer's disease but it can help reduce inflammation which also leads to a multitude of diseases.

You can either start cooking with this spice or go to your local vitamin shop and buy the supplements.

Just wanted to spread a little good news to you all for those who have someone in their family with this disease or have even experienced it, it's not to be taken lightly.

Much love and happy cooking!

Sources:
Turmeric and Alzheimer’s Disease
Poplular Asian Spice can cure Alzheimer's

edit on 18-9-2010 by berrygurrl because: word mispelled

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Here is another benefit of using this spice...

Kills cancer cells
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by berrygurrl

Thank you for sharing this. I consume the encapsulated form of the active ingredient of Turmeric (Curcumin) and supplement it with Lecithin capsules. Here is some research background:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">PubMed Results for Curcumin

I also couple Lecithin with Silymarin for hepatic protective effects.

Thank you for sharing this information.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Curcumin from turmeric is a wonderful spice, and has very many health benefits as numerous studies have shown.

I personally mix it into a drink once a week, and love curry so get some there too

If you want to mix the powder into a drink, it's best with milk - the absorption is much better than with water. Also, ingesting piperine (black pepper) at the same time increases absorption dramatically.

What I do is to take a pint of milk, and shake it up with around 2/3 teaspoon of turmeric, 2 teaspoons of coffee powder, a good grinding of black pepper, and a bit of sugar to taste. The coffee hides the spicy taste nicely, also 'Camp' chicory essence works well if you prefer.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If you're looking for a supplement, Curcumin is the active ingrediant in Turmeric, or maybe they're both just the same thing I'm not totally sure, but if you get the Curcumin I know you're getting the essence of it. It's cheap too.

Edit: I guess I ought to have read the follow up posts as I see this is covered already.
edit on 30-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join