It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hidden Racism of the Far-Left

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

I was looking for a quote to express my view, namely that affirmative action makes them..., I quote from the OP...

look like people who owe their rise to affirmative action and other government programs", and not to themselves. Regardless of what the quoted text means, I think its pretty clear both in the OP and throughout the thread what I mean and what my stance is.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
If we are in agreement then, that left wing thinking could actually produce unintentionally racist outcomes, does that then mean that it's NOT racist? Rather, it is flawed and imperfect like humanity?

Affirmative Action as dreamt up by far-left do-gooders does not necessarily come from ill-intent or evil but from dumbness. That is the point of the OP, yes.

But that doesnt let the left off the hook. Instead, it points to a flaw inherent in the core ideologies of far-leftism itself.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by witness63

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Programs like affirmative action are part of a Marxist conspiracy to keep people dependent on the state for basic survival, and to foster hopes of a worldwide Utopia.

Yes, created by the "Marxist" Richard Nixon in 1969? Why?

How come I have never heard any Republicans talk about that?

Richard Nixon "created" affirmative action as much as Al Gore created the Internet

Do you really see Republicans as independent thinkers?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I will repeat: Words matter. They influence opinions. Public policy as well. Would you be willing to remove the offending quote, edit your OP to remove the bit about no significant racism in 100 years, and bring your words in line with your meaning? If so, I'd be happy to join the "affirmative action" discussion. Until then, however, your argument is flawed by the simple fact that the supporting language is imprecise (putting it mildly), incorrect, and in the cases I pointed out, inherently offensive.

edit on 19-9-2010 by joechip because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

I1. ts not allowed to go back and edit posts after a certain amount of time because it distorts the thread flow.

2. I dont see the OP offensive in the least. Neither did the black folks attending this thread. Your protective-intent is not needed in this case.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Okay, you kids have fun. Discussing affirmative action in the context of a black populace that has largely overcome poverty in country with no significant racism in 100 years. I'll stay in reality and post in reality-based threads from here on out.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
[
Yes, created by the "Marxist" Richard Nixon in 1969? Why?

How come I have never heard any Republicans talk about that?

Richard Nixon "created" affirmative action as much as Al Gore created the Internet

Do you really see Republicans as independent thinkers?

Yes indeed, he did create it in 1969. His thinking was simply to use it for racist purposes to appeal to the Archie Bunkers. It was all part of a deliberate political stategy--the Southern Strategy.

Few people know this but the information of the Philadelphia Plan is widely available. Historians have known about this for years, but our political discourse is so poor in the U.S. that few people know much or anything but lies, cover ups and 30-second soundbites.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If you look at this link, it once again makes clear that Richard Nixon's reasons for supporting affirmative action in 1969 was to use it as a "wedge issue" between minorities and organized labor--and white workers in general.

That's what he intended and it worked better than anything he ever would have thought possible.

Few people know anything about this history even today.

blogs.alternet.org... n-nixons-brainchild/

There would be no other reason for Nixon to support it. Everything we know about him from his White House tapes shows him to be an extreme racist who thought that blacks were genetically inferior to whites and that their population had to be controlled and reduced. He said this even on the tapes I posted here previously. Again, this is al very well known, except that the public never seems to be informed about it. Why is that?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
But that doesnt let the left off the hook. Instead, it points to a flaw inherent in the core ideologies of far-leftism itself.

In light of that then - shouldn't you change the content of this thread and its' title to represent what you are saying? That COMMUNISM and MARXISM, (and Utopianism) produce inherent discrimination, rather than just being a 'leftie'? I'm a leftie, and I'm certainly not a commie or a Karl Marx fanboy - yet I exhibit no hidden racism...

Otherwise, this just amounts to right-wing propaganda in my eyes.... Accuracy is key.

Parallex.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by witness63
If you look at this link, it once again makes clear that Richard Nixon's reasons for supporting affirmative action in 1969 was to use it as a "wedge issue" between minorities and organized labor--and white workers in general.

That's what he intended and it worked better than anything he ever would have thought possible.

Few people know anything about this history even today.

blogs.alternet.org... n-nixons-brainchild/

There would be no other reason for Nixon to support it. Everything we know about him from his White House tapes shows him to be an extreme racist who thought that blacks were genetically inferior to whites and that their population had to be controlled and reduced. He said this even on the tapes I posted here previously. Again, this is al very well known, except that the public never seems to be informed about it. Why is that?

You still posted no proof that he masterminded Affirmative Action.

I've listened to some of the tapes, he wasn't an "extreme racist."

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
"Affirmative Action in the U.S. has made blacks...who have largely lifted themselves out of poverty, look like people who owe their rise to affirmative action and other government programs" - Dr. T Sowell

There is the open type of racism of the far-right and the hidden type of racism of the far-left. The hidden type of racism is more dangerous because most people - including the far-left - are not even aware of it being racism.

better or worse is an opinion not a fact. Clearly "your opinion" has anchored your political beliefs! Well done you've just invalidated a neutral observation!

One (of many) symptoms of this covert hatred is Affirmative Action. The "progressives" impose laws prefering "minority groups" over white people, regardless of qualification, performance, ability and character. Giving one person an advantage because of ethnicity is hardcore racism. Why? Because it devalues a black persons achievements and abilities. It automatically categorizes Blacks, Mexicans, Women, etc. as pathetic victims rather than the self-responsible and proud human beings that they are. And in continually treating them as if they were inept, they eventually become inept.

Clever : "look at me the right wing person who recognizes the minority's as being equal". Let's see where this goes shall we....... (i can guess).

In this way, leftist-actions cause even more overt Racism from the far-right who are outraged at the Reverse-Discrimination.

Back to the opinion again.

How did it ever come this far? The seed of this stupidity lies at the core of leftist ideology that claims that all minority groups are "oppressed" and the "ruling class" is automatically "the oppressor". Brainwashed in this way, a leftist thinks that just because 1% of the far-right behave and talk like racists, that this applies to 99% of the right-wing. The truth is that real racism was obliterated one hundred years ago...except for a tiny minority of crazies. I personally know many hundreds of "right-wingers" personally, and not a single one of them is a racist or even remotely concerned with race.

Aha numbers : where's the proof? Please provide the cross referenced, duplicated research that proves your 1%/99% "fact".

I hang out with black people, privately. And when I hang out with them I dont think of them as needy of a favour, needy of "affirmative" action, but merely as...pals. Neither would they want me to see them as needy of a favour.

And here's the prologue "I'm not a racist I have Black friends". Why do you "hang out" with black "people" (oh the telling language) privately? I'm sure we true non racist can guess why. You are so sad surrounded by right wing, white racists and too afraid to speak your mind.

Stop being angry by attacking leftists and attack your white friends for their racist beliefs instead. If you want to know which white friends to confront it is easy it's the ones who DON'T KNOW OF YOUR PRIVATE BLACK FRIENDS DUH!!!.

Oh by the way, positive discrimination is still discrimination. So on that observation of leftists you are correct.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
"The most dangerous man to the Negro community is not the openly racist republican man who calls us 'N-words' and seeks to reaffirm segregation and unequality because I know where he stands on this issue and I can act accordingly, but rather it is the MODERATE, democratic, man who is the most dangerous to our community, because he will shake our hand in public and tell us he is our friend but behind closed doors he is just as racist as those southern white men who propagate segregation, he will tell us he is willing to fight for equal rights while he is in public, just to win our votes, but behind closed doors he does not seek to pass equal rights laws but rather programs that will further oppress our so called 'Negro' people.

How does affirmative action oppress blacks??? If anything it oppresses everybody else.

You should have also quoted other stuff from Malcolm X, such as:

"The death of over 120 white people is a very beautiful thing." [Speech in Los Angeles on June 3, 1962 upon learning of a plane crash.]

[In 1963]: Coffee is the only thing I like integrated.

Source of endless inspiration for all of us!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by LeftWingLarry

This whole thread is bull anyway.

We might as well ditch affirmative action and legalize discrimination again. Oh wait, discrimination is still out there. Either make it possible for people like me to find employment or quit crying about those who've given up and gone on the dole.

Or how about this...You find yourself a way to survive and succeed and stop expecting others to provide it for you.

There are many people out there in a worse situation than you and they have found their way. It is not my responsibility to provide for you. I have my own family to worry about. Either quit bitching and step up to the plate and deal with your situation, or perish!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

No one's providing anything to me! I work for a living.

Don't make assumptions. I'm talking about people with the same disability that have problems finding work.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Ja, seinen Willen zur Macht ist eine Inspiration für uns alle.

(Yes, his will-to-power is an inspiration to us all.)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Affirmative action in education and financial aid really stratifies society into these:

The best: Asians
2nd: Whites
3rd: Native Americans
4th: Blacks
5th: Hispanics

College admission demographics show that there should be MORE Asians and LESS blacks and Hispanics in Ivy league schools.

You know what this is saying? Asians are superior to everyone else while Hispanics and Blacks are dragging society behind.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by LiquidMirage

No one's providing anything to me! I work for a living.

Don't make assumptions. I'm talking about people with the same disability that have problems finding work.

I wasn't really talking about just you. I'm talking about the millions of others who think like you. I have enough to worry about taking care of myself and my family.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Affirmative Action is most definitely Hard-Core Racism. That is the government publicly placing individuals into groups based upon ethnicity and giving certain groups more rights and privileges over another group, that is not just racist it is wrong.

edit on 9/18/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

It is also wrong for one group to not hire people because of the color of skin or stereo type one group as well. We wouldn't need affirmative action if the superiority complex group would just behave and be good for once.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

It ain't totally about racism. It is mostly about superiority complex that one race has over others. I mean look at the fad lately on the Pleiadian cult that is rising. I mean all white people. They are basically trying to state that they are some benevolent alien race to help out mankind out of peace and love. I can't believe people buy that sh~~ up. They are just doing that to stroke their ego and make one race superior to others. Human race cracks me up!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Why do you "hang out" with black "people" (oh the telling language) privately? I'm sure we true non racist can guess why. You are so sad surrounded by right wing, white racists and too afraid to speak your mind.

I hang out with blacks because one of my best friends is black. And, as I said, they dont require my pity, protection or affirmative action.

Whats your point?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join