It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War of the Worlds (nibiru)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
Just want to go on record: last night I was able to see the 'moons' of 'Jupiter' with a pair of VERY cheap binoculars and an almost full moon blazing right next to them. My witness associate was pretty sure he saw them with the naked eye. Naked-eye viewing of 'Uranus' tomorrow night with the moon full and blazing and very close to 'Jupiter' is next on the agenda. Then I'll be calling 'Ripley's.'

Don't bother its all perfectly normal..www.kidsastronomy.com...

Your binoculars have about the same power as did Galileo's first telescope. Except that you get to look with both eyes, while Galileo could only look with one.

First you will need to find Jupiter. Go to www.skymaps.com... to download a free skymap. Use this map to help you determine where Jupiter is right now. Look at Jupiter through your binoculars.

Ganymede, Callisto, Io, and Europa, Jupiter's largest moons, are going to look like four small stars. If you watch them long enough you will actually be able to see them move. If you don't see all four it means that some of them are hiding behind Jupiter. Check again in a few hours to see the missing ones come out of hiding. As you look at them you should think about what you are seeing. Five other worlds, one planet and four of its moons.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Althow i have found many posts say "nibiru" a bit repetative, something you tuched apon has get me thinking.. I live in the UK, just SW of London. the have recently replaced the street lights with new low polouting one's and it has made the night sky far easyer to see. The 1 thing you mentioned was the bit about jupitor chucking asteroids in are direction and in the past few months i have noticed a massive increase in shooting stars, i count on an avarage night 5 or 6, and im only outside for a few minits every hr or so..

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by talon

There are many shooting stars. They are not unusual. Now you are seeing more as the light pollution has been reduced. I see many where I live. According to the American Meteor Society there are thousands of fireballs each day. That is normal. Most are not seen by people since the world is so big and 70% is covered by oceans and some come in during day time and so forth. These are meteors that are as bright as Venus. Expect to see many meteors and especially during meteor showers. These occur when the Earth passes through the "debris field" left behind as a comet orbits the sun.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've been watching for an increase too, but everything appears normal so far. Because of my increased sky viewing I've been lucky to catch an IFO 3 times now. Yes an IFO, and it is identified as the X-37B unmanned *cough* spaceplane. Here is a site for viewing times. I say lucky because I usaully don't think about it till I happen to see it.

satellite tracker

This thing looks pretty wild. It looks at first glance like a normal satelite traversing the sky, but then you notice, that the color is reddish, and it seems to have a soft edge or fuzzyness to it. Every time I see it, the plane's speed seems fluctuate, or move it spurts of acceleration. But maybe it is an opticle illusion because the overall speed seems constant. It starts becoming visible between constellations draco and cepheus, which are in the NNW and goes straight south. I loose it somewhere in the south sky around sagittarius.

edit on 22-9-2010 by Khaaaaaan!! because: do people put little messages here?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Just a fantastic thread. I just read the entire thread, and I have to run to work. Not to sound trite, but all this talk of Europa made me think of 2001.

I have to run, but I promise to add something concrete at some point.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Very cool stuff.

I got a chance to look at Saturn once back in high school, through the school's observatory.
What I remember the most was how the planet seemed to be shaking, but that it was actually the eyepiece/observatory itself. Kind of hard to explain.

Anyways, back to Jupiter.
I heard a strange story about our physics teacher (default astronomer).
It's hearsay, as I never got it from the horse's mouth. And it must be pointed out that the man had narcolepsy (?) which would cause him to fall asleep, standing, with chalk in hand, at the blackboard.
He was up there one night by himself and he was looking in the vicinity of Jupiter, and right then he thought that he had discovered a new moon of the planet. He got pretty excited, but seconds later the "moon" just peeled out of Jupiter's orbit. I think the correct description would be a spiral arc. (my speculation)
Something to think about.

if you're into astronomy, you would love the Big Island of Hawaii. Hilo has special yellow street lamps instead of the normal ones. They help to give the observatories less light pollution. I used to live on a road with no lamps at all out here, and on certain clear nights I could see the Milky Way. Unbelievable star visibility. I would get home from work, and just stand in the driveway for a half hour looking at the stars.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

What a neat link. Thanks for that. I missed the x-37b. It was last night. Need to check for it next week.

I remember seeing Mir come by one evening. That was a spectacular sight.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Europa looks so much like the back of the human eyeball.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thanks Khaaaaaaan!! I am from a land downunder and follow ATS as best I can..... I have seen Jupiter rising in the West tonight (I think... Biggest Shinniest Planet/Star in the Sky/Heavens) and seen Venus setting in the East. I do know my house is Northish facing (Southern Hemisphere hahaha). I live in a country where, to even get logged on is a mission in itself... It would amaze me if my post is even posted. Wish I could get U- Tube etc bla bla bla. So

As a new member... At last... I would like some help on posting something... and obviously contributing to this amazing Site...?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have something to say about this, it's totally contradictory to planet motion. Our universe is expanding, not shrinking. This means that the space or distance between everything is getting farther and farther, at an increasingly fast speed, too. Jupiter should be getting farther from us, not closer. Thank you very much for coming up with such a mentally stimulating post.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Well I agree with other poster about the universe
expanding but I starred and flagged this because
it was put together so well. Funtastic!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
oh noes! Nibiru is going supernover early!!

We are all goin to die!!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Brown Dwarf in tight orbit around young sun-like star.

www.astronomynow.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

OH, nice find! So a young star with a companion brown dwarf. And the brown dwarf is ONLY 36 times the mass of jupiter...................so what happened to the notion that a brown dwarf needs to be at least eighty times the mass of jupiter to ignite. I just hope project lucifer stays in the rhelm of science fiction where it belongs.

Thanks again for the post.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The notion hasn't changed.
The brown dwarf has not "ignited". That is why it is a brown dwarf and not a star.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
so can a brown dwarf just be a brown dwarf, and do whatever a brown dwarf does, and be LESS than 36 masses of jupiter? careful...............

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Note the phrase "tight orbit", and compare to OUR Solar System, please.

*(Not forgetting, as Phage pointed out, the Brown Dwarf is STILL a Brown Dwarf, even IF ~36 times the size of Jupiter....)

Reading the article, I see they estimate the distance of the orbiting BD at ~18 A.U. from the 'host' star.

For comparison, Uranus is at 19.18 A.U. from our Sun. And, it's quite easy to see, yes? (...relatively speaking).

So, still (alas for the hard-core believers) no "nibiru".

But, what should I know? Just a talking Earth Monkey, here......

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker.

So, still (alas for the hard-core believers) no "nibiru".

This part of the conversation is not about Nebiru, but the minimum size of a brown dwarf.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yes, surely...this talking Earth monkey can read, too.

Thread titile is "War of the Worlds (nibiru)"

So, the (alas) addition wasn't necessarily for the benefit of the previous few rounds of discussion, but for the over-all context (and point) of this thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I understand what you are saying. I just get wary when it seems like Nibiru is being compared to a gas giant. In any writing, or translation or speculation, it is refered to more as a terrestrial body than a gaseous one.

and the point of the thread.....................well I know I can never expect to please everyone, but I do get the impession that at least some people here enjoyed it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join