It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i am going to area 51 ,whos going with me ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It seems that Area 51 has become more of a historical site now. Even though there's still tight security and little public knowledge of what's being tested there, it seems unlikely these days that anything 'alien' is taking place there (if ever).

Still, it sounds like fun. I hope you guys have a safe and enjoyable trip.

I keep hearing that, but the base is ever-increasing, and more and more land is being acquired and restricted around the base than ever before. The location is STILL perfectly capable of fulfilling the same need it was created for, i.e. the testing of some of the U.S.' most advanced aircraft. As for alien goings on...the Papoose dry lake bed is still there also. This whole area of the U.S. is covered in research bases and restricted airspace, so still no better place for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
This whole area of the U.S. is covered in research bases and restricted airspace, so still no better place for it.

(*bold & underlined by me)

i sincerely believe you may be underinformed.

Alaska is the largest state of the United States by area. It is situated in the northwest extremity of the North American continent, with Canada to the east, the Arctic Ocean to the north, and the Pacific Ocean to the west and south, with Russia further west across the Bering Strait. Approximately half of Alaska's 698,473 residents live within the Anchorage metropolitan area. As of 2009, Alaska remains the least densely populated state of the U.S.
Wikipedia:Alaska is the largest and least densely polulated state in the U.S.

Perhaps there is a better place with less prying eyes from the general public. Please do not feed the bears

I'm not suggesting there are not things going on at the Nevada Test Range, but perhaps there are more private locations with much more acres of land to play with.

-et

edit on 20-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: typing too fast

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
More land yes, but do you really want to deal with snow and ice with temperamental test craft? (and harder to find if it crashes).

The desert is far better for this.

Not to mention, I'm talking about the area of restricted airspace....not just area in general.

(and I can tell you about bears....used to live in Kodiak, myself....
)

edit on 20-9-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

The Terms and Conditions of ATS do not trump the First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

What does the 1st Amendment have to do with ATS T&C? The 1st Amendment only prevents government from impeding your right to free speech. In fact, the entire "Bill of Rights" only protects your liberties from government encroachment, as opposed to giving you those liberties. The only entity that can violate your Constitutional rights in any binding manner, is the government itself or a power delegated by the government, otherwise it is simply your rights (as opposed to "Constitutional rights") being violated, impeded or encroached upon.

I'm not sticking up for ATS here and really don't have a public opinion on ATS T&C at this time, though I just thought that bringing up the Constitution or any Amendment therein, is irrelevant to any implied or stated rules of ATS, regardless of whether any rules were broken or not.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I think there was some concern with the title of the thread and possible worries about unlawful assembly, or a group of people doing something illegal who organized this activity on ATS.

I was merely stating that it is public domain at certain locations around Area 51, and I was addressing the rights of the members to "peaceably assemble".

People have the right to peaceably assemble.

hope this clears that up
et

@ Gazrok,
I think there may be a few secrets up there in Alaska. I know a few engineers from the
820th Red Horse who went up that way to build something a few years back.

As far as Alaska goes, I don't know which frightens me more, the bears, or Sarah Palin

-et

edit on 20-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: @ Gaz

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You should contact ATS member garic about your trip.

He's been there more, recorded more air traffic, and taken more pics at Groom Lake than anyone on this board.

If I wanted a guide, thats who I'd try to get.

PS

Did you see the link he posted today?
Groomstock Oct 9-10

THE WHOLE WORLD is invited to a free public camp-out and hike at Tikaboo Peak, the last remaining public viewpoint into the secret Area 51 base in Nevada

edit on 9/20/10 by makeitso because: Add Link

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
reply to post by wookiee

see thats what i want to hear some motivation !!!! thank you brother ! ty ty ..i take it you have been ? if so how was the trip and what did you experience?

I've been there several times, during meteor showers, new moon, full moon, rain and have never regretted going there. Have high power binoculars, 3 ccd video cam, but have never seen anything recordable. But by all means, go. Have lunch at the 'inn and bring food & drink to keep you going at night. The 'inn has too many pictures of lenticular clouds which affects their credibility for me, but they do have one or two pics that can't be explained.
There's still unexplained sightings by people I know that live at Indian Springs, so if they see interesting flying objects, there must be cool goings-on over at Rachel which has a way lower population.
Have fun and don't let these nay-sayers damper your spirits.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join