It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aliens don't land? Its religion of course.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
I think that the aliens while having technology might still not be accustomed to our germs: bacteria and viruses.
After all we are still discovering new ones ourselves, because they mutate. What if they can't breathe our air? Maybe the ones that visit our planet and are interested in us is because they require similar air and body temperatures.

When we first started scuba diving, our wetsuits looked more like a space suit with hoses coming from ships and all sorts..
Over time the tech improved to become smaller, compact, and what we have today...a couple tanks on our back and a thin fabric that keeps us warm.
I can forsee a time in a couple hundred years or less where all we end up doing is perhaps putting on a small filter perhaps around our neck that filters the oxygen..we will walk underwater looking pretty much the same we look on land.
Point being..

Technology to adapt to our surroundings develops to nullify the "they dont breath our mix" argument fairly well without bulky antenna style alien encounters I would think they would use nanoscale filters and converters.

As far as pressure and other types of environmental aspects, again, nanoscale machines compensating for pressure would seem the best route to go

I don't have all the answers of course, but I do have some theories based on our own current theories...and I keep in perspective that I am ultimately just trying to figure out how to build a torch from the caveman campfire we call science,,,my views are limited to what our current understanding is and no doubt in 100 years, my ideas will either seem totally obvious or steampunk quaint.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
144 000 people will meet the standard required for paradise, I'd say that's becoming more and more realistic estimation.

Can you imagine such a thing based on our system...say God was a short order cook and he was to make an egg...if that was the equasion for success, he would end up screwing up hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of attempts at cooking the egg to finally make one decent plate.
Its almost a insult to say a divine and perfect creator created something with such an epic fail flaw that almost nothing will be successful...not even enough to be considered a token.

If it is true, then I dont want to be in heaven...if he made it, the whole thing is bound to come crashing down at any given second considering his design skills.

So to conclude, there is a difference between being theist and being just plain stupid. I think it's the latter one that aliens don't appreciate too much.

I would agree with that. I am a fan of personal spirituality actually, a person trying to understand the greater implications of themselves and the universe around them, seen and unseen. I think things go really bad when they take that personal search and start demanding everyone else start thinking like them...that somehow they cracked the code of the infinate and anyone whom disagrees should be tortured and murdered...which is the basic tenants of most modern religions.,,hense my problem with religion itself...not spirituality, not paranormal curiousity..but actual structured religion.

And ya, Skyfloating is a great author and researcher...and about 200 other people on here that present things eloquently. It would be interesting to fish some of them into this thread to see how their perspectives on the theory would be.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If you were an alien, discovered a planet of a species who killed in the name of an imaginary friend...would you land and greet them?

The answer is: HELL NO.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
we can speculate all we want, but everybody forgot that they may be the reason we are here, so, ...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
If you were an alien, discovered a planet of a species who killed in the name of an imaginary friend...would you land and greet them?

And you would probably do the best you could to stop them venturing out into the wide open universe.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I agree on a lot of points here. I think that if a society from elsehwere in outerspace was able to overcome the differences between their society and be a planet instead being divided they wouldn't have malintent towards the places and species they're visiting. Think about it. If you were on a space expedition to a planet that you knew had a society, would you say I am General Baxter from The United States or would you say I am Louis from the planet Earth.

Why would they need our resources? There are interstellar dust clods that create solar systems where you could collect minerals, earth would be the last place i would conquer for gain. You can't go faster than the speed of light at will off of gasoline, rocketfuel, or crude oil, that's why we can't go farther than the moon, we are using our resources irresponsibly.

I think they have been here for awhile watching us. Not scheming against us, even though UFOs have been appearing before human flight. Why they don't land? I don't know. I think with modern religous institutions misinterpretting doctrine. Where exactley in the bible does it say we are the only beings in the whole damn universe, please I want the book chapter and verse.

I think all beings should have the right, to be able to any planet. Given we don't posess the technology I don't think you need a passport and a visa to go to planet Omicron Perci 8.

Humans just like to divide ourselves with fake lines and allow imaginary concepts the dictte their lives like credit, and money. The whole thing that stops the progression of humanity is abstract concepts, just ideas, thoughts, beliefs.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Well maybe they already done so ( Landed ) and are living among us or say Genetically Mixed with us as im Speaking of Ones that Look like Us ! not the Grey s or are they ?

From the speculation of what we considered is Mythology & Religion around the World all Hidden in Scroll's Cylinder Scrolls ,Text Tablets Ancient Cave Paintings Tomb Burials , Etc..

to Dark Ages to Medieval Paintings and Traces of Unexplained Anomaly's That Science Knows for Sure that a Primitive Cave man wouldn't able to do.. they even have had or did some manipulation of Our Dreams (telekinesis) for us to create new Ideas for Inventions & Artistic ways and different directional views of Life more like the Monoliths in Our mind wanting it to be Touched ..

The Biggest Clue is the Key Words in a Sumerian Literature passed to Assyrian Babylonian to Egyptian to Hebrew Those are Hybrids Demigods Mithra ,Horus, Jesus the similarity of the three to me is astounding
the Other is Angels Winged Beings & and their Flying Chariots as in Sumerian Carvings , Zoroastrianism Carvings , and Abraham Sons
Religion Branches Hebrew Christian Muslim

Angels
Sumerian

Zoroastrianism

Christian/Hebrew Angels
I Had to put this in here the Painting is Screaming Christopher Walken's at me ! Gabriel Prophecy
12th-century icon of Archangel Gabriel from Novgorod, called Golden-Locked Angel
i.telegraph.co.uk...
Angel in St Paul

Those Angels may not have wings but were wearing Capes blowing in the wind ! an easy misinterpretation?

Could those Aliens Angels Heavenly beings or what ever you want to call them are only to observe
as they are the One Tending the Life on this Bio Ball Called earth as Shepherds and Gardeners of the This Planet We are not Mature enough as Religion Might Hold us back ! Were would we be today if religion policy's did not hold people back ? well i know in the 14th to the 17th century there was something called Witch Hunting and a place called Library of Alexandria that must of had Ancient Secrets that had Story, Tales , Inventions , Exploration MAPS! Piri Reis Map Things that Might of had explained Our Ancient Anomaly's or The Gods that call now Aliens in UFOS! all lost because of Religion Burned! Away of Fear of Paganism The First Book Burning and the Council of Nicaea To Strengthen & Control

Some would feel threatened if a Alien Nation scenario came all of a sudden or the Fear of an Alien Threat as Ronnie Regan or MacArthur would Say. The Aliens Would Feel the Same Threat Vibe War of the Worlds or V ID4 some would Fear their Upbringing Religion would be Violated ! even tho MAYBE!! those Aliens are those Heavenly Beings! they were Raised up on by their parents

Aliens and their Fiery Shields , Glowing Flying Chariots we call UFOS is a Religious Connection
To many descriptions in Religion , Legends and Mythology about them if you look pass though
One my mind is the Pillar of Light! Following the Exodus !

My Apology as I just watched OUTLANDER (High Tech Human Alien Like Beowulf ), Beowulf (Troll Giant) , The Last Legion (Excalibur Sword , Metal Fell from the Sky Alien made metal from a wreckage Spaceship ? )
well that my explanation of Ramblings 2 out of the 3 are Ancient Historic Legends

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hiya Randy. Demonic? Honestly?!

Hi back at ya Kandi,

Honestly? I'm sure you're not doubting what I said about Hynek? As far as the info in the links go. That is all
about what I 've been saying in my threads Kandi. At the top of everything there are these like Mega Elites.
Who don't just believe in God, they know beyond all doubt he exists. They are the Wicked ones in scripture and I don't think there's alot in that watered down information. That I don't already have some idea of.
I will check it all out though. Do I believe some pretty wild things? Damn right Kandi. Does that mean I should be laughed at and not taken seriously?
Yes it does.
If this kind of information causes a person to wet themselves in fear, then please by all means. Do what
will get you thru the night. You need to see, instead of just look though, at all the things that are being revealed right now. Do you really believe scripture has no merit? How can you?

I suggest the Academics have a serious look at this info. With an open mind. Because this is the shot I'm calling.
These people not only know God exists, thru an oral record handed down for thousands of years. They are
absolutly at war with him. They feel they will defeat God,. I know that means nothing to you. What you don't know, is that it should. I know I 'm not convincing you, or anyone with these words but this is going to happen.
Those people are just another piece of the puzzle. When scripture reads about the Wicked ? Picture me pointing
my finger > That's who it is talking about.
It's about time this info showed up on radar. Cool. Good luck to you Kandi

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

LOL

I must agree with you. As backwards as we would appear to a space faring race, I wouldn't want to mix things up with us either.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Why is it that those with the least to say make the longest posts?

Just asking!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I didn't make it through more then the first page yet, but who is to say that technology and vast knowledge of physics and math would make any culter no matter where it came from empathic with another culture no matter where it came from. I know that religion existed as North and South America were colonised by Europians, but to the faults and terrible trangressions of the more technologically advanced beings that the primitives encountered, nothing but trial and tribulation occured. Before it was thought that North and South America had gold or anything amazing, explorers came, they raped and pillaged at their own discretion. The natives suffered or decided to fight. Even after a multitiude of technoligical advancements, these things still occur under different guises today. The main thing that I want to say is that even if you have inventors, people that want money, scientists, mathematicians, or whatever, you could still fight against eachother constantly for material and irrelevant gains. The last hundred years have shown us that incredible achievements can be made with or without religion, with or without the desire for resources. We as any other species that exists have both those that are charitable, and need no reward. That charitable trait though, is still done out of greed, just not a materialistic one. There are also those that do everything for their own selfish gains, and those material gains , or immaterial gains of power are sacrifice to the degradation of true serenity amongst a species. I do love the picture that is painted my the OP, yet at the same time I can see how a race, or species (no matter where they are from) could have everything in common with the beauty and horror that exists on this rock.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

Why is it that those with the least to say make the longest posts?

Is this a joke? If not , you might want to play it off like it was.

Something like "Oh I meant to say that".

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Are you suggesting right now, today, we know absolutely everything about everything and nothing will ever come of significance, be it further work into understanding quantum physics or dimensional membrains, etc...because the argument your stating (no aliens coming here, period.) leads to that.

Hey.

Actually my argument is:
There is no proof of that aliens have YET visited this planet.

And I do believe it is quite possible there are other intelligent civilizations out there in the cosmos as we are
..but still ..i haven’t seen concrete proof that aliens have visited Earth, but I have seen evidence which suggest that these crafts, “ufos” are actually man made.

Peace.

PS.

On your opening posts you wondered ..why people “cling onto religion” ..well, because this Cosmos, the creation puzzles them ..”where did it come from, who created, why we are here” ..and in the “Creator-argument” the arguing usually goes into the field of religion when the real arguing should be in the field of cosmology/cosmogony ..you know.

Where I live ..all thou something like 80% of population a Christians, but around 70-80% of them don’t see God and Creation as how bible tells it ..which is quite healthy to me ..and they are Christians “more out of habit” or because they were baptized as babies
..So I don’t see that they cling onto religion that much, but more to the ‘reason based’ point of view that “someone created all this”

..but this quite basic understanding (which is quite reasonable) “that someone created all this” is many times “high jacked” by religions ..and so arguments on religion and cosmology get mixed up.
And so people who are anti-religious argue that there is no God ..and religious people are then quite baffled on that argument “there is no God ..well, who created all this then” ..you know.

So to keep this more clear the argument on religions should be “all religions present false reality” ..and not that “there is no God” ..cause many times it is understood that there is no Creator. And as an argument that would seem quite odd “there is no Creator ..yet I am here” ..lol.

I’m myself sort of a Deist/Atheist, so I don’t see that the Creator of all this ever intervenes with human affairs ..so in with “stance”, in my view the Creator did not dictate any spiritual scriptures or order any laws & rules for humans to follow

Peace.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by witness63
So hiding something profitable would be the opposite of all normal capitalist behavior in history, where the smart money is always on the lookout for new products and technologies, and doesn't care at all if the dumber money wants to stick with something old fashioned and outdated. If anything is being kept secret, then, I doubt that it's the business types who are doing it.

In my opinion, if anything alien is being held back and kept secret, it's because the military has stamped national security on it.

edit on 19-9-2010 by witness63 because: (no reason given)

Actually, it is just the opposite

..When it is said that Tesla also discovered the so called “Ether energy”, or harvesting energy from the so called zero point radiation or “free energy” and made is ‘flying machine’ run on one of these free energy-generators
..just start counting how much money the oil- and energy industry, steel and mineral industries and car-, aviation-, ship-yard- and loco-motive industries have made BECAUSE Tesla’s “ufo” and free energy generators have been kept hidden? ..trillions and trillions.

But, yes ..by stamping a “military secret” sign on these inventions, they can keep these inventions, which they stole from Tesla who wanted to share them with the whole of humanity, hidden “legally” ..by stating it’s all for national interests and for homeland security.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
the reason aliens still choose to land is that religion and politics keeps you from brlieving that its alred to. its what makes you forget!!!

ady happening and that on top of your own beligerence of statistics keeps the people from knowing the truth. what is the truth. the truth is what we all know and man yof us may feel we ahve been a part of or subjected

me and my jumbled writing is because of my own inability to stay clear of the mouse . but you know as well as i do most of us have all been touched thats why we come here and question????

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Superb thread Saturn FX, i must say this philosopher who wrote this article has echoed a lot of what i am currently perceiving in relation to the current state of the POSSIBLE ET origins of SOME UFOs and implications of any real exposure on their behalf.Yes i agree with you comments on Mr Icke, there is something that just keeps emerging in relation to the ET possibility origins and that is WHY NOT, anything is possible and for we humans and our peers to imagine that we know al there is to know about this reality and the universe is very dangerous and highly arrogant and naive.Just get the feeling that possible soon or one day ,"I TOLD YOU SO", will be perceived by many in relation to not only Ickes research and revelations he is trying to get out but by the people who have been trying to get this kind of stuff out too.I would rather watch and wait instead of condemning and ridiculing those that share the belief that we are not and never have been alone.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT
Superb thread Saturn FX, i must say this philosopher who wrote this article has echoed a lot of what i am currently perceiving in relation to the current state of the POSSIBLE ET origins of SOME UFOs and implications of any real exposure on their behalf.Yes i agree with you comments on Mr Icke, there is something that just keeps emerging in relation to the ET possibility origins and that is WHY NOT, anything is possible and for we humans and our peers to imagine that we know al there is to know about this reality and the universe is very dangerous and highly arrogant and naive.Just get the feeling that possible soon or one day ,"I TOLD YOU SO", will be perceived by many in relation to not only Ickes research and revelations he is trying to get out but by the people who have been trying to get this kind of stuff out too.I would rather watch and wait instead of condemning and ridiculing those that share the belief that we are not and never have been alone.

Cheers, ya...this guy has some well thought out ideas on various subject...his stories are also outstanding and leave you pondering...at least thats my opinion of his work (see conversation with god or resurrection).

I am totally on the fence about Icke's mental state. I actually like the guy for his passion, but if he isn't insane, then I suspect he is being fed alot of disinfo by agencies due to his status moreso than any alien chatter...get a man in the limelight to break down about a subject publically and become the cornerstone of all that is "wacky" in the field..cheapening the whole subject into little more than a wacky belief system of lizardmen enslaving humanity.

I personally don't believe he is trying to be a disinformation specialist though...I think he believes (or used to believe) what he says fully...
Lately if you watch him, his body shows alot of discomfort about the reptilian thing being brought up...like he is having a change of heart about the subject but he has made too much of a stink about it to retract the view...sort of like stuck with it.
You will notice whenever people start discussing reptilians, he tries to make it more general...trying to move that mindset into basically just a bloodline of powerful tyrants moreso than shapeshifting anythings...(the safer conspiracy). Icke is not one to back down from an argument he believes in...so its not pressure to "be normal" he is doing it for, which means he is now having some actual inner turmoil about the concept itself. ya...I think he is starting to feel he has been given misinformation to spread and is coming to the realization he has been a tool.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Would extraterrestrials not have some sort of mythology or religion themselves? Even if they had evolved past some of these concepts, somewhere along the way they surely would have. Perhaps they see themselves as a part of some sort of universal conciousness, but even that would be considered a philosophy or religion itself.

I would venture to say that any beings without a deity or belief system would thus have to consider themselves gods, and that would be very dangerous if they visited here. They would consider themselves supreme beings and thus feel that they would be entitled to do anything to us. But if they did have a belief system they would then be open more to our own mythologies or religions, and then I don't think that would inhibit them from landing.

In short, religion would not persuade from making contact. Because either they will consider themselves our gods or else they would be open to the idea of the culture of religion.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Jdawg9909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jdawg9909
Would extraterrestrials not have some sort of mythology or religion themselves?

If some of the reports are to be believed, ETs often are highly spiritual beings.

I wasn't trying to get into the concept of spirituality...I am actually a fan of personal spirituality, I just find religion to be if anything a destroyer of that personal connection to the cosmos...it is ripping out and boxing up a personal understanding, labelling it something, putting some general rules on it, and distancing the people from it unless they jump through a set of hoops to mimic what they deem acceptable..then they can have a small taste of what should have been all theirs to begin with.

Religion and spirituality are completely seperate things...this thread is about the destructive and short sighted nature of religions and how they hamper progress...in the context of this thread, the progress would be galactic exploration and understanding.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You say:

So, ETs are friendly...they must be friendly because that is the only reasonable conclusion. (I am open to counter arguments that are thoughtful)

I say wrong. If they are friendly, and they are visiting, then they are morally culpable for ignoring all the crimes and injustices on this Earth, flying by and not doing a thing about it with their 'superior' technology and understanding.

They are as guilty as Clinton and the rest of the world that stood by during the Rwanda genocide. Earth is one big war-torn, crime-ridden den of misery - or hadn't you noticed? Any alien claiming to be enlightened that stood by and did nothing is guilty.

Even we "primitive humans" have Good Samaritan laws. So basically, your ETs are Bad Samaritans, indifferent observers of misery and suffering - and don't give me this Prime Directive nonsense, that was a fictional device from a TV show, not some actual moral principle.

And as for the anti-religious crankery of your atheist philosopher, who cares. Completely irrelevant. What do primitive religions have to do with anything? Never stopped any earthly anthropologist. No reason it should stop some hypothetical ET observer.

Junk philosophy, through and through.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join