It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aliens don't land? Its religion of course.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by witness63

From what I've read from the Disclosure Project and many other sources since my own UFO sighting, the government is already aware of 50-100 alien species that have visited earth in recent decades..

True, there are many species. Each of the three geoups is composed of several species. Some are very Human like, while others are not.

The US government was aware of this long before the public even had a clue, and has had contacts and exchanges with some of these civilizations that continue down to the present. This is already being disclosed in a limited, unofficial way, although they don't like it when some people go too far. There's a lot of "testing the waters" going on by both government and aliens.

I don't think the government cares too much about what people try to disclose / say. Most Humans want "proof", and that is difficult to come by.

My own opinion is that we should work openly with friendly, human-like aliens and others to help improve the social and economic condition of the planet. It's not acceptable to me that the majority of people in the world still live at or below subsistence level and often lack basic food, housing, medical care and sanitation. I think that should be our top priority, along with finding ways to repair the environment from 100 years of severe abuse.

I agree. Working with friendly ET's would go a very long way to improving almost every aspect of life on Earth. The one issue might be social and civilization status of Humans. Too much alien interaction too fast could be harmful. But, there are ways to improve technology and ecconomic conditions greatly without the potential harm to Terrestrial civilization.

No single government should have a monopoly on all this or act as a gatekeeper, so if open contact is to be made then let the United Nations handle it. And I am an American, no less nationalistic than the rest of them, although needless to saw I don't always agree with the policies of my government of the various elite interests that are always hanging around Washington. I've always been more of a Harry Truman man in that respect.

Again I agree. The Pleiadians, Grey's are working with the United Nations. Though, the Grey's main agenda is to impeade progress. But, working with the U.N. is the only way to insure that everyone is treated equally.

Etharzi od Oma.

edit on 19-9-2010 by witness63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I have read up before on Lear (emailed him direct a few times and chatted with him that way actually.). I find his views highly improbable, but what a creative mind anyhow. He, in my opinion, is a product of when you believe too much

It's largely thanks to Lear and whoever he hung out with that ufology is so screwed up. He helped seed the ideas of evil aliens with human body parts in underground bases. The lies have never gone away and took on some dark resonance instead. I think he's a pure misanthropist with little or no morality. The Project Camelot end of the subject is founded on some of the BS put out there by guys like Doty and Lear and look how many people follow their work.

reply to post by randyvs

Hiya Randy. Demonic? Honestly?!

Each to their own, I guess. A guy called Nick Redfern has just released a book about a shadowy element of the US government who also believe in the Old Testament God and UFOs as genuine demons. They've had ideas of controlling society into believing the world is based on the lines of hellfire and brimstone like in the Old Testament.

He's not kidding. These crazy-ass people are 100% real and in positions of power. The book's called 'Final Events' and you can read a good interview about it...here at the Secret Sun Blog. There's a great podcast interview about the book at Hidden Experience Blog.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

Anthra, good to see you here.
I do not believe a single thing you say, but I love reading what you write...I would trade in 2 angry cynics with their feet firmly on the ground for someone as optimistic yet potentially crazy as you.

Thanks for the invite.

It doesn't really matter if you beleive me or not, the simple fact that you have an open mind is what is important.

Thank you for your breakdown of the three races you suggest are locals...the grays made popular by a whole host of sci-fi books and movies, the Pleadians made famous by Billy (the big fat hoax liar) Meyers, and erm...random traders?

Well, actually those are only groups, as opposed to races / species. Within each group there are many different species.

And what happened to the Androms you used to go on about? they pack up and leave?

Oh hell no! My people are still there, and the evidence of their reality is mounting. Because of that other thread, I have found some kind of interesting "images" in space. I'll have to post it later as it is very late here and I still need to prep the image files and upload them.

So, the conquoring aliens...what do they conquor and why? Why not just choose one of a bazillion other planets that has less natives with pointy sticks ready to jab in them given the chance? Some sort of sport or..?

Of those things I'm not sure. I think it is rather plain that they could just move in and "take" Earth if they wanted to, yet they don't. I think it may be that they want to "win" you rather than totally dominate. Perhaps they think Earth could be a good ally, and by going slow, the people will "feel" like they are in, or have some, control.

Etharzi od Oma.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Maybe they watch us like a TV reality show.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I enjoyed reading your post. I've read all the responses thus far, which have hitherto been mostly constructive in nature. The alien guy was a little weird, but apparently that's his idiom. I get it. I suspect the mother lode of critics should be due to arrive later this afternoon.
People fear what they don't understand and look for answers from the first source they find that claims to have answers. H. P. Lovecraft capitalized on this as a motif for many of his stories. Religious people turn to religion. Conspiracy theorist turn to their favorite conspiracy theory website. After a while, though, once the dust settles and something unknown has been around for a while and it hasn't killed anyone or created a black hole that gobbles up the entire planet like a ravenous dog, people will eventually come around to sniff it out.
It's for obvious reasons that people fear the unknown; self-preservation is the motivating factor of apprehensiveness. Will it kill me? Any possibility of the affirmative leads to questions of the biggest unknown.
That being said, I don't know if UFO's and aliens are real. All I've seen are a bunch of blurry pictures and videos, followed by a multitude of hypotheses; some intelligent, most half-baked and some that are just completely out there. But if they are real, then I hope they don't find us tasty and nutritious.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
It's largely thanks to Lear and whoever he hung out with that ufology is so screwed up. He helped seed the ideas of evil aliens with human body parts in underground bases. The lies have never gone away and took on some dark resonance instead. I think he's a pure misanthropist with little or no morality. The Project Camelot end of the subject is founded on some of the BS put out there by guys like Doty and Lear and look how many people follow their work.

So the question is, how to counter things like PC to dismiss their line of thinking, without dismissing the subject entirely and also fishing out the truth from their endless fearmongering cultish information.

The problem is, How much truth are they also displaying overall...due to the subject being at best very murky, it would be near impossible to know where to cut. Just the evidence would put us back to 1955 when people barely had any idea what to think about it, and people in groups tend to not think very well...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda

reply to post by AnthraAndromda

Anthra, good to see you here.
I do not believe a single thing you say, but I love reading what you write...I would trade in 2 angry cynics with their feet firmly on the ground for someone as optimistic yet potentially crazy as you.

Thanks for the invite.

It doesn't really matter if you beleive me or not, the simple fact that you have an open mind is what is important.

I think the biggest flaw in thinking is that having a open mind somehow goes against being intellectual....however, the "paranormal" answer is not the only thing you need to have a open mind about. If a person demands things are supernatural or paranormal in nature and are unwilling to consider scientific and contemporary answers to things, they are just as close minded as a hardened cynic.

Of those things I'm not sure. I think it is rather plain that they could just move in and "take" Earth if they wanted to, yet they don't. I think it may be that they want to "win" you rather than totally dominate. Perhaps they think Earth could be a good ally, and by going slow, the people will "feel" like they are in, or have some, control.

Etharzi od Oma.

But its thinking like that which has lead people into the hysterical mess we have now.
People think that, due to a few stories of people getting scared at weird stuff, these aliens must be demonic evil entities...yet the fact that these "abductees" are talking about it means that they clearly aren't killing us. Typically to be a truely evil civilization, someone has to eventually die.
If a child went to the hospital and got some bloodwork done without a parent explaining to them why it was important, they would no doubt see such visits as monsterous done by very evil people stealing their blood. I reckon the same is being done here as there is no reasonable explanation how evil aliens are also exceptionally ineffective aliens.
Good ally? well, if that were the case, I imagine they would have come down already, let the fanatics kill each other off, then given the rest some really great tech with a contract saying we gotta go help them venture forth and conquor the rest of the universe (may take some time)

edit on 19-9-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Maybe they watch us like a TV reality show.

That reminds me of that southpark episode where that was the whole reason for the earth...take the most polar opposite civilizations, be it dolphins and sharks, or jews and muslims, and toss them down on a planet to watch the endless antics...sadly the show was cancelled (world set for demolition) when people started getting along.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Thank you for the nice comment. I put a lot of time and effort into that post (While making home made soup now that fall is upon us).

I'm glad at least you appreciated it.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hey..

Aliens” don’t land” cause there is none visiting our planet!

“ufos” are manmade and first invented by Nikola Tesla in the late 19th century
Here are few quotes where Tesla describes his anti-gravity ‘flying machine’ that has no
-wings
-propellers
and no gas bags
It is not disturbed by turbulence, hole’s in the air, nor winds ..and you can keep it completely stationary in the air for long periods of time.
In the second quote he describes thi anti-gravity ‘flying machine resembling a stove.

TESLA'S NEW MONARCH OF MACHINES
by Nikola Tesla -New York Herald Tribune, Oct. 15, 1911

“..And it makes the aeroplane practical,” I suggested.

“Not the aeroplane, the flying machine,” responded Dr. Tesla. “Now you have struck the point in which I am most deeply interested—the object toward which I have been devoting my energies for more than twenty years—the dream of my life. It was in seeking the means of making the perfect flying machine that I developed this engine.
“Twenty years ago I believed that I would be the first man to fly; that I was on the track of accomplishing what no one else was anywhere near reaching. I was working entirely in electricity then and did not realize that the gasoline engine was approaching a perfection that was going to make the aeroplane feasible. There is nothing new about the aeroplane but its engine, you know.
“What I was working on twenty years ago was the wireless transmission of electric power. My idea was a flying machine propelled by an electric motor, with power supplied from stations on the earth. I have not accomplished this as yet, but am confident that I will in time.
“When I found that I had been anticipated as to the flying machine, by men working in a different field, I began to study the problem from other angles, to regard it as a mechanical rather than an electrical problem. I felt certain there must be some means of obtaining power that was better than any now in use. And by vigorous use of my gray matter for a number of years, I grasped the possibilities of the principle of the viscosity and adhesion of fluids and conceived the mechanism of my engine. Now that I have it, my next step will be the perfect flying machine.”

“An aeroplane driven by your engine?” I asked.

“Not at all,” said Dr. Tesla. “The aeroplane is fatally defective. It is merely a toy—a sporting play-thing. It can never become commercially practical. It has fatal defects. One is the fact that when it encounters a downward current of air it is helpless. The “hole in the air” of which aviators speak is simply a downward current, and unless the aeroplane is high enough above the earth to move laterally but can do nothing but fall.
“There is no way of detecting these downward currents, no way of avoiding them, and therefore the aeroplane must always be subject to chance and its operator to the risk of fatal accident. Sportsmen will always take these chances, but as a business proposition the risk is too great.

“The flying machine of the future—my flying machine—will be heavier than air, but it will not be an aeroplane. It will have no wings. It will be substantial, solid, stable. You cannot have a stable airplane. The gyroscope can never be successfully applied to the airplane, for it would give a stability that would result in the machine being torn to pieces by the wind, just as the unprotected aeroplane on the ground is torn to pieces by a high wind.
“My flying machine will have neither wings nor propellers. You might see it on the ground and you would never guess that it was a flying machine. Yet it will be able to move at will through the air in any direction with perfect safety, higher speeds than have yet been reached, regardless of weather and oblivious of “holes in the air” or downward currents. It will ascend in such currents if desired. It can remain absolutely stationary in the air, even in a wind, for great length of time. Its lifting power will not depend upon any such delicate devices as the bird has to employ, but upon positive mechanical action.”

“You will get stability through gyroscopes?” I asked.

“Through gyroscopic action of my engine, assisted by some devices I am not yet prepared to talk about,” he replied. “Powerful air currents that may be deflected at will, if produced by engines and compressors sufficiently light and powerful, might lift a heavy body off the ground and propel it through the air,” I ventured, wondering if I had grasped the inventor’s secret.
Dr. Tesla smiled an inscrutable smile.
“All I have to say on that point is that my airship will have neither gas bag, wings nor propellers,” he said. “It is the child of my dreams, the product of years of intense and painful toil and research. I am not going to talk about it any further. But whatever my airship may be, here at least is an engine that will do things that no other engine ever has done, and that is something tangible.” .

www.tfcbooks.com...

Excerpt from “Man out of Time” by M. Cheney, Chapter 20 “Flying Stove”
“ When the manager of Westinghouse’s railway and lighting division wrote asking
for details on the turbine, Tesla replied confidently that it was superior to anything in the
competition in terms of extreme lightness and high performance. Indeed, he said, he was
planning to use it in a box-like flivver airplane.
“You should not be at all surprised,” he wrote, “if some day you see me fly from
new York to Colorado Springs in a contrivance which will resemble a gas stove and weigh
as much.” (The plane would weigh only eight hundred pounds and could if necessary
enter and depart through a window.)”

Tesla’s (real) Flying Machine
pritchardschool.com...

Summation of Tesla's Dynamic Theory of Gravity
netowne.com...

Video interviews:
Hitler's Secret Flying Saucers - William Lyne 2004
video.google.com...#

Nazi Ufos How They Fly The German Tesla Anti-Gravity And Free Energy Program William Lyne
www.guba.com...

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lovemaster9000

I enjoyed reading your post. I've read all the responses thus far, which have hitherto been mostly constructive in nature. The alien guy was a little weird, but apparently that's his idiom. I get it. I suspect the mother lode of critics should be due to arrive later this afternoon.
People fear what they don't understand and look for answers from the first source they find that claims to have answers. H. P. Lovecraft capitalized on this as a motif for many of his stories. Religious people turn to religion. Conspiracy theorist turn to their favorite conspiracy theory website. After a while, though, once the dust settles and something unknown has been around for a while and it hasn't killed anyone or created a black hole that gobbles up the entire planet like a ravenous dog, people will eventually come around to sniff it out.
It's for obvious reasons that people fear the unknown; self-preservation is the motivating factor of apprehensiveness. Will it kill me? Any possibility of the affirmative leads to questions of the biggest unknown.
That being said, I don't know if UFO's and aliens are real. All I've seen are a bunch of blurry pictures and videos, followed by a multitude of hypotheses; some intelligent, most half-baked and some that are just completely out there. But if they are real, then I hope they don't find us tasty and nutritious.

Thanks for the comments.

I don't really forsee much criticism actually considering this thread is more of a reasonable philosophical look based on the facts to date and what to gain from it. There may be heretics, but critics would more than likely add to the conversation verses break it down.

Yes, when things get odd, people tend to go to their comfort zone

Aliens (advanced civs elsewhere in the universe) do exist...the thought of a empty universe is such a insane concept given the mind boggling number of galaxies, stars, and planets circling the stars, that anything less than a very large number out there would be improbable. I think the question has turned to...are they visiting us.

UFOs are real, This much even the british government has written...however, the whole nature of a UFO is that it is unidentified...meaning it is not necessarily something from the cosmos...

The stage we are in is not to give out hard evidence (if the theory presented here turns out to be fact), but rather to do just as its doing...to get people to speculate and get comfortable with just the concept of life elsewhere...before this UFO stuff went mainstream, the idea of life elsewhere was unfathomable...a bit like finding out a entire civilization can live and does live on a electron of an atom...it simply isn't in our understandable contemplations yet...but now we are constantly pondering life elsewhere.

Who knows...in a couple hundred years, alien civilizations may be as familiar to us as people in different countries and the new pondering will be the electron civilizations with people debating that...or dimensional civs, etc..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Son of Will

Thank you for the nice comment. I put a lot of time and effort into that post (While making home made soup now that fall is upon us).

I'm glad at least you appreciated it.

I want some soup now!

Your comment was appreciated..even I starred it
Dont take my rebuttal about some of the content there as a slam against the post...I try to not comment much on things I agree with and focus on the things that I find are loose ends..the stuff I find agreeable can stand as it is.

Thank you for participating in the thread...now make me some soup!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cee420
Hey..

Here are few quotes where Tesla describes his anti-gravity ‘flying machine’ that has no

Wow, what a incredible sweeping statement.

Tesla has been credited with everything, from free energy, UFOs, cures for all diseases, etc...there are many whom have made a considerable sum of money writing books about what the man accomplished and was supressed...near deity status he has now...I heard he also found the equasion for immortality. The problem with legends is that, as years pass, they become bigger and more magical...like a war story or wine, it just gets better with time. I imagine in 50 years, he will be accredited with creating a warp drive that was also supressed.

I have no doubt about the factual things he did, from creating microwave towers that could potentially give us AC power through recievers and the frequency work he did, but there is alot of myth attached to the man at this point.

I wonder how you came to the conclusion that since we have been working on avation technology, there must not be anything else happening...this is like saying birds don't exist because we made planes that look like birds...(not the same level of course, you can walk out your door and point/dissect a bird quite easily, but you get the point).

The logic you present just with the opening statement is as followed:
There are no other intelligent life in the entire universe...or if there are, absolutely none have ever figured out how to get from point A to point B...
The moment that happens is the moment life is everywhere, and one thing sapient species do when travelling around in unknown areas is to make maps....It would be reasonable to assume that other species in the dark would do the same.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Hey..

Wow, what a incredible sweeping statement.

Tesla has been credited with everything, from free energy, UFOs, cures for all diseases, etc...there are many whom have made a considerable sum of money writing books about what the man accomplished and was supressed...near deity status he has now...I heard he also found the equasion for immortality. The problem with legends is that, as years pass, they become bigger and more magical...like a war story or wine, it just gets better with time. I imagine in 50 years, he will be accredited with creating a warp drive that was also supressed.

I have no doubt about the factual things he did, from creating microwave towers that could potentially give us AC power through recievers and the frequency work he did, but there is alot of myth attached to the man at this point.

I wonder how you came to the conclusion that since we have been working on avation technology, there must not be anything else happening...this is like saying birds don't exist because we made planes that look like birds...(not the same level of course, you can walk out your door and point/dissect a bird quite easily, but you get the point).

The logic you present just with the opening statement is as followed:
There are no other intelligent life in the entire universe...or if there are, absolutely none have ever figured out how to get from point A to point B...
The moment that happens is the moment life is everywhere, and one thing sapient species do when travelling around in unknown areas is to make maps....It would be reasonable to assume that other species in the dark would do the same.

Hey.

Actually my opening statement says “there is no aliens visiting Earth”
..i say nothing about that there couldn’t be other planets having life in the cosmos. ..so what I wrote and your conclusion of it aren’t the same thing.

These quotes are from Tesla himself ..read them ..he clearly describes an anti-gravity flying machine doesn’t he?

Also, the problem isn’t only to get from A to B ..the B also has be habitable place ..cause in the cosmos ..there are a lot of B’s. ..or places to go to, but is there anything there, other than a star and a “dead rock”

..and think about it to the next galaxy, even if you could travel with the speed of light ..how long would that take? ..and to safely travel with those speed you’d have to have the space between A and B mapped so you wouldn’t hit anything.

But it is easy to choose the possibility that “aliens” did all this all ready, and now they are here.

..of course you could use these “action at a distance” or “non-locality”-theories, and be at B instantly, with no need to actually “travel the distance” ..but these is only theories ..not reality
On a paper it is quite easy to “find intelligent life from the cosmos” and to “travel without moving, only using the power of thought” ..but reality is another thing.

I don't mean to offend you, so i hope you don't mind, friend

I have seen no solid evidence that aliens are visiting our planet ..but I have seen proof that Tesla invented the “flying saucer” ..his own statements about it + humans electric-scientific discoveries which are the basis for Tesla’s invention

Peace.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think that the aliens while having technology might still not be accustomed to our germs: bacteria and viruses.
After all we are still discovering new ones ourselves, because they mutate. What if they can't breathe our air? Maybe the ones that visit our planet and are interested in us is because they require similar air and body temperatures.
I think that our plants, biodiversity of life and architecture are what they look at. Dams, bridges, buildings, airplanes, cars, trains, boats, power grids, windmills, volcanos, oceans, lakes, glaciers,mountains, etc... If they landed the possibility of becoming sick, injured, dead, lost, and captured are real. What if they had UFO mechanical troubles and got stuck here? We are cautious and violent to protect our people (herd), because we are animals. Fear and violence have kept us alive. Survival of the fittiest.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

If I could run over some soup to you I would.

I made like a Minestrone type soup, chicken, a little ham, lentiles, onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, wild rice, a few beans, diced tomatoes, chicken broth and fresh basil.

My husband has just about eaten most of it............says it was the best batch yet. Promised some to a girlfriend coming over, but if she doesn't get here soon, her portion is going to be gone.

Wonder if any aliens like soup?

edit on 19-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: Add a comma after beans

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Tesla did make all kinds of claims about being in contact with aliens, discovering death rays and anti-gravity technology, and so on. The German scientists like von Braun who came here through Project Paperclip also said things like that. There are even stories about Einstein and Robert Oppenheimer being called in to study UFO wreckage and possibly even meeting some live aliens.

It seems to me that a lot of the really great scientists have said things like this over the centuries--that there are aliens around and one doesn't need a radio to get in contact with them. It's all done mentally or telepathically. As early as the 1920s, we know that the Army and Navy were very interested in the possibilities of any such communications, and were watching to see if the scientists came up with anything.

At any rate, Tesla was broke most of the time and lived in cheap hotels. He had been badly ripped off by trhe business types on all his discoveries and inventions, although he didn't seem to care too much about money. For all I know the guy was an ET himself: he sure acted like one. Didn't he have a great phobia of germs as well?

I do know that when he died in 1943 the FBI came to his hotel and scopped up all his patents and records and they all disappeared into J. Edgar Hoover-land--the black box. It was wartime after all and they didn't want to risk anyone else getting the infomation if he really had invented flying saucers, death rays and machines that caused earthquakes. Even though people often made fun of Tesla as a quack and a crank, I think the government took him a lot more seriously and kept an eye on tim.

Supposdly, they released all his records back into the public domain in 1946, but who wants to bet that it was all carefully santized? They had government scientists go through all that stuff and pull out anything that might have been interesting from a military or national security point of view. Anything they thought was vitally important or potentially dangerous got culled, and will not be seen in the public domain again for a long time. Maybe never.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

..and think about it to the next galaxy, even if you could travel with the speed of light ..how long would that take?

Far too long, hell, the next galaxy...our next door neighbor would take too long at just the speed of light. accomplishing the speed of light will only open up our own solar system completely, but will make other star systems still a pipe dream.
What is needed is more work on things like invention based on entanglement theories, quantum teleporation, etc...as you point out...moving instantaniously. I am too much of a caveman to give even the current theories much justice so will sidestep the scientific argument. I am just exceptionally optimistic that it can and will be accomplished eventually here on earth...be it 10 years from now, or 10 million years from now...I also think that the galaxy and universe is sprinkled with civilizations, which even a very light sprinkling throughout the universe, according to drakes equasion, would make room for incredible amounts of civilizations out there, numbering in perhaps the hundreds of billions of unique advanced species. to say not a single one has ever gotten past the distance barrier and quite easily is akin, in my mind, to saying there is no life anywhere else in the universe...sheer madness.

And the moment a single species in the billions now and before invents or discovers this, then its a gamechanger for the entire universe due to colonization, sharing of tech, etc...logically with that comes the mapping of the galaxies itself...this is the most basic and natural progression that even a fairly clever fish will do..its instinct to become aware of your environment, and if your environment is the galaxy...well, you know where this is going.

But it is easy to choose the possibility that “aliens” did all this all ready, and now they are here.

I make no claim they did...simply put, I don't know...but I would favor the theory that they have simply because of how incredibly large the universe is and how many different roads are being taken to accomplish it by the collective whole. Are you perfectly happy with the thinking that never has there, nor never will there be a species anywhere in the universe...potentially hundreds of billions of homeworlds with billions of inhabitants on each, that will ever figure out how to go from star 1 to star 2 within a reasonable amount of time...that the technology, advanced physics, etc..will never ever allow for it period? Are you suggesting right now, today, we know absolutely everything about everything and nothing will ever come of significance, be it further work into understanding quantum physics or dimensional membrains, etc...because the argument your stating (no aliens coming here, period.) leads to that.
I think its possible...if its possible, its probable it happened, and if its probable it happened, then it simply has happened and all the other pieces fall into line simply from the time and numbers we are talking about here. this is not like 3 or 4 other planets besides us...but astronomical chances of this happening...a senario where anything that could possibly happen has almost certainly already happened somewhere...and if it happened somewhere, its more than likely everywhere.

I don't mean to offend you, so i hope you don't mind, friend

No offense whatsoever...I didn't join ATS to have dull convos...spirited debates is what learning is all about...put something down and kick at it over and over to see what is standing, what remains strong, and what falls apart. I appreciate your thinking here

and ya, I am a fan of Tesla...but I fear the man and the myth are starting to become blurred now. I can speak of many things being a futurist...look at kurzweil. He is a great inventor and one hell of a futurist, but he certainly hasn't been inventing the things he discusses.

I have seen no solid evidence that aliens are visiting our planet ..

And that is the point of this thread
if this theory is true...then you wont.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Etharzi od Oma.

From what I've read in the documents and other sources, the military have always been very interested in this subject, and their first thought would always be: is it a threat? That's their job. They want to know the capabilities and intentions of what they're dealing with and if it's hostile. If if is, then how would they meet the threat. We have quite a bit of eyewitness testimony about all that.

I've noticed that many times, the military no longer reacts to UFOs at all, or at least not all of them. They tell the radar operators not to worry about some of them, for example, as if they already know exactly what they are. Maybe something we built or maybe aliens that are considered friendlies. I think they worked a lot of that out years ago.

Other times, there is still a sharp reaction against intruders in earth airspace, perhaps because it is some unknown group, although there seems to be a lot less of that going on than there was in the past. Once again, it's as if someone has already figured out who most of the aliens are, and they are not a threat. They have told the public part of this story over the years. There was a really sharp military and intelligence agency reaction in the 1973 wave, for example, when it seems that some new and previously unknown aliens showed up for a while.

For diplomats and politicians, the first priority would be to communicate with the aliens and make some kind of agreement with them. In the U.S., these civilians always act as a balancing and restraining influence on the more gung ho military types. I think a lot of efforts to communicate have been underway since at least the 1950s and SETI is just a small part of it. It's the equivalent of what Blue Book was to the UFO field, a PR show, rather than the real scientific investigation that is far better funded and organized. Their main job seems to be similar to Blue Book's, telling the public not to worry, that the situation is under control.

Politicians would be more eager to disclose information than the military, intelligence agencies and bureaucrats, and there has probably been a tug of war going on behind the scenes for years over how much to disclose and when.

Of course, if capitalists get in on the act, their first thought would be "how can we make money from this?". They are the easiest to figure out of all, and I don't think they would ever be the ones blocking new inventions and technologies. If I know anything about American capitalists, they would jump on any new technology that they thought would be profitable and find a mass market, dropping the older ones in a second. They'd give no more thought to old fashioned, outdated things than they do to the horse and buggy or the rotary phone. They dumped those fast when new inventions came along, so the last thing they'd want to do is keep new things secret from the customers. In addition, they'd be the first in line to jump on a spaceship and trade with the aliens, assuming that they do any kind of trading.

So hiding something profitable would be the opposite of all normal capitalist behavior in history, where the smart money is always on the lookout for new products and technologies, and doesn't care at all if the dumber money wants to stick with something old fashioned and outdated. If anything is being kept secret, then, I doubt that it's the business types who are doing it.

In my opinion, if anything alien is being held back and kept secret, it's because the military has stamped national security on it.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

They want slaves: Humans are weak and stubborn. Any animal on earth of comparable size can easily work harder and longer than us

Human slavery including modern day slavery does not agree with you that animals are better. While people use their super-advanced hi-tech freshly polished perl-white iPods they can't and won't believe that it was produced by actual modern day slaves, dirty sweaty slaves living in their factories so they can afford basic stuff. Therefore, even if aliens truly are so advanced that they do not need slavery, our apathy and lack of compassion would surely drive them away from this barbaric world we created ourselves. I pray to God I am wrong.

They want our world: Verses simply terraform any other world in the galaxy...we are starting to understand the process right now on how we would go about terraforming mars...something far more advanced than us would find it as easy as frying an egg

In reality, we may just be the tools they use to teraform Earth, as we speak. Think about it, all was fine and dandy for 3 billion years and we manage to mess it up in less than 5 thousand years. We act like a rapidly developing cancer. Image you are earth in your 30s and humans start living on you, you'd die as if you just took cyanide. So, we ourselves may just be an oil used for "frying an egg".

Consider for a moment how many people hold tight to a religion on earth. The one constant in religion is that for some reason, mankind is special...people are still killing each other over which specific flavor of mankind their deity favors, be it the Jews, the Muslims, the whites, etc..The scary reality is 70% of the earth’s population still has a strong theist belief, and that belief requires mankind to be exceptionally special. A revelation of mankind not being unique in the universe would completely shatter that and cause absolute chaos. A worldwide inferiority complex.

This is where I stopped reading... (well not really I admit) Basically it revolves around the belief that creatures that are atheists have a larger brain and optionally a penis too, thus gaining an evolutionary edge. I personally think that about 99% of all people have at least one serious psychological disorder, atheists or not... and that's more than 70%. Even according to some religions, only 144 000 people will meet the standard required for paradise, I'd say that's becoming more and more realistic estimation.

Lets say some truly advanced race is watching us. They surely make a backup copy of earth every day - I wonder just how many times they've pressed Undo in 20th century alone. Therefore I'd hope they just don't get tired of Undoing, let alone visit us

So to conclude, there is a difference between being theist and being just plain stupid. I think it's the latter one that aliens don't appreciate too much.

By the way, I only read this thread because I like your posts SaturnFX. Otherwise I wouldn't even open it considering the cliche title
. I won't comment on "ragged trousered philosopher" thinking as it's not that shocking or even original, I've seen better stuff on ATS IMHO... by Skyfloating for example (eg "ancient aliens"). In reality aliens could just appear at any given time out of blue or in a billion years or we humans remain left alone and there is not enough data for any statistical probabilities (except that old vague formula indicating only that aliens merely exist).

edit on 19/9/2010 by SassyCat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join