It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Plots Insta-Vaccines for Mystery Bugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hey guys ,hope you are all well. I found this interesting story about research D.A.R.P.A have being doing and i said id put it up to see what you guys think?
Im always intrigued what D.A.R.P.A. do,im my opinion they have the most bad ass weapons on the planet.

this time they are after super quick acting vaccines, D.A.R.P.A the military has given 5.3 million dollars for the research. The company heading this is ASUs Biodesign institute and its only a small part of a initiation of Accelerated manufacture of pharmaceuticals.Earlier this year they funded research on tobacco plants and a prophetic almanac that would anticipate pathogenic mutations before they happen

Tobacco-based production would turn a year-long process into a four-week one. But for at-risk troops, Darpa wants something even faster: a vaccine to address any pathogen, developed in seven days and ready for injection shortly after.

I don’t know if we can pull this off, but I think this basic idea might work,” ASU researcher Dr. Steven Albert Johnson says of his team’s plan. Using thousands of synthetic antibodies, called synbodies, they’ll create an immunity toolkit that can be combined in myriad ways to tackle virtually any pathogen.

but here is the problem guys!! they can.......

And if the method does take off, it’d offer a major boost for civilian vaccine production, too. But short of a massive deadly outbreak, we’d likely not get our vaccines quite so fast. For deployed troops, the Pentagon could invoke “emergency protocol” — meaning Darpa’s one-week timeline would skip over clinical trials and FDA approval, which can take up to a decade to complete.

no F.D.A, one week trials instead of ten years?? say no more,i dont want it!! lol
weird

edit on 15/8/2010 by johnny c because: missing letter

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That is just plain scary. Glad I'm not a military guinea pig (yet).

S&F

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I drink a lot of beer and eat lots of meat. Pathogens don't seem to have much to do with me. I've caught a bug maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 20 years.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Hey Amaterasu,thanks for the reply buddy
,also thanks for the star and flag!

That is just plain scary. Glad I'm not a military guinea pig (yet).

I agree scary vaccines and now battle helmet that can stop pain and fear!! crazy stuff and i can only imaging the future

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gullywampas

Hey Gullywapas,nice one for the reply and bump up mate

I drink a lot of beer and eat lots of meat. Pathogens don't seem to have much to do with me. I've caught a bug maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 20 years

Funny you should say that,my old man is the very same! meat and beer every day and has never had a sick day in his life

I often wondered why! i tought genes but you could be on to something!!
[yeast?]

top topics

join