It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More votes than voters in Shelby Co. TN - and most were in large Republican districts...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Regardless, Republicans steal elections. I don't see anything out of the unusual here.

This particular comment caught my eye; I've done some limited research on the past three presidential elections...congressional districting seems to favor republicans by a much wider margin than democrats. Other than some level of gerrymandering done by state legislature's I don't see the benefit of it.

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
It sounds like ACORN and SEIU were at it again, fabricating voters, and busing people in from other states.

You'll probably not be interested to know but this accusation is coming from democrats. The republican controlled election commission insists that nothing is amiss and the extra 3,000 votes are from absentee ballots.

News article link

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Question, I suppose you could find me her ever stating, that a vote tampering was done to help a democrat?

Probably not.

I am sure she has looked into the Acorn debacle, RIGHT?

Please, show me her "non partisan" investigation into that.

Here you go:
www.bbvforums.org...

I'm not going to devote the necessary time to pour through the few hundred threads, but you seem to be so inclined. Also, just by looking over the titles, there are a LOT of investigations pointing out discrepancies in Democrat-winning races.

Again, you're so desperate to be wounded as a conservative, that you're ignoring the big picture.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

They are funded by people who are partisan and have an agenda. How can we even trust the SCOTUS on such issues when they are divided Conservative/Liberal. They will 9 times out of 10 choose the side they want to win regardless of the facts. When we let in neutral foreign parties to monitor our elections we are guaranteed to recieve the most honest results.

Who do you suggest, Hugo Chavez?

BTW, I'm impressed. At almost 19 years of age, you've learned a new word- partisan, and throw it around at everyone that posts a comment you disagree with. It must be great to know so much.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy

As an aside, if you go and look at the County's results page, you'll see that it pretty much was a Republican sweep of every race. Draw your own conclusions.

Once again,
Too much left unsaid.

Were the undocumented/ false/ extra / illegal votes for democrat or republican candidates?

It actually matters.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Obviously the illegal mexicans are the culprits.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Maybe the numbers are correct, if you count the dead........seems the dems have a history of that. Seriously, both sides do it, we put up with it, they'll continue to do so in the future.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I've lived in Shelby County and Memphis my entire life up until a year ago. You should have seen all the dead who voted democrat a couple of yrs ago in the Herenton mayor race. Herenton actually had his people going around picking up the homeless, many who had no i.d., and busing them to the polls. Afterwards they would buy the homeless food or give them a couple of bucks.

I'm an independant and truly despise big chunks of both parties but I can honestly say I have known the head of the Shelby County Election Committee since I was 12yrs old. This man is not dishonest. I do think the mess could have been avoided if he had hired younger and trained the poll workers more stringently. (I've seen some poll workers in their 70's and 80's having a hard time running these polls which is just asking for trouble.)

Anyway, I'm rambling. My point being the the rights have one massive republican mega church in Shelby County, so in my opinion even if the the votes are off by a couple thousand people the outcome will still be the same. I don't believe there was intentional voter fraud by any party involved. I do believe a few people running things shouldn't have been.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
So if Republicans swept those areas, why would anyone bother with 3000 fake votes? Sounds suspect.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
So if Republicans swept those areas, why would anyone bother with 3000 fake votes? Sounds suspect.

Honestly you'd have to live there to understand the mindset.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join