It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't mutilate your daughters - why do you mutilate your sons ? (Discussion concerning human se

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellify
My partner was circumcised due to injury.

He said it felt better after circumcision. Doesnt miss his foreskin at all.

Really?
How soon after surgery did it feel better?
The next day, the next week, the next year?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Are you really incapable of learning human ananatomy and understanding the difference between cutting of skin of a male member, minor surgery, and removing the whole female member and much tissue and other genetalia, which would be akin to removign parts of the testicles too, which is major surgery! In addition, due to the primitive surgery conditions, the male survives in large numbers, huge numbers of deaths and infections to the females due to the barabaric major surgery performed!

Obviously, the practice of mutilation done to women is more severe. Nobody is arguing that. But you're COMPLETELY missing the point here. Both acts are sexual mutilation, and neither are "minor surgery" as you so bizarrely stated it. It's TORTURE - there is no sedative or anesthetic provided. The act itself is sheer evil.

What you're doing is akin to chastising paraplegics for lamenting on their condition, due to the fact that quadriplegics suffer far worse. Yes, the quadriplegics will never experience half (no pun intended) of what the paraplegics experience, but that doesn't negate the suffering of the latter.

Just because circumcised men can still achieve orgasm, that doesn't mean that their sexual potential has not been greatly reduced. The comparison is valid because both are the results of completely unessential genital torture.

And to add - What do you think the long-term psychological impacts are, of being traumatized so severely just after birth?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My youngest son was circumcised because when he pointed his willy at the bowl he would pee at right angles and all down the wall. I haven't seen IT for years but do remember the head always looked so dry and wrinkled because it didn't have a hood to wear, and he didn't like his pals seeing it because it looked different to everyone elses.

My Iranian friend wanted his four sons circumcised because he'd had it done and he thought it was cleaner. He booked 2 or 3 of them in for the operations and took the whole four with him for the appointment. They caused chaos on the hospital ward, climbing over everything and throwing toys around, wouldn't sit still and show the doctor, thus embarrassing mum and dad, so it was all cancelled and they all came home intact.

Interesting to know it's common practise in the US. I didn't know that. Kinda rarish in the UK.

I remember reading about Nazi Germany where folk hiding children would get them to hide their circumcisions in case they were outed as being Jews.

I do think it's a shame to get this done just because daddy has it, or because it's tradition. But there is a huge difference between female circumcision and male. Cutting the willy off completely sounds more on a par.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

You added a lot to this thread.............thank you.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

Being a woman, we have many nooks and crannies
I keep a box of Pamper Diaper wipes by the toilet and use one every so often thoughout the day.

Alicia Silverston also addmitted this on one of the shows............My husband gasped and said, you do the same thing.

Just plain common sense.

Diaper Wipes, in the bathroom for when you want to freshen up.

I am not trying to be crude, just informative.

I am also thankful that I live in a society and can afford this luxury.

My nephew who lived in Africa for four years in the peace corps says they do not have toilet paper, just a bucket with water.

If you have unlimited running water and soap be very grateful.................Pamper Diaper Wipes aren't just for babies.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

but and this is a big BUT..............He had pain killers and probably anesthia.

Newborn baby boys in the USA do not. They are tied down on a board and the skin is removed with a scapel.

No, this is wrong on so many levels.........................no baby should be hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I agree and if you do too then sign the petition I have provided in this thread.

No one should be cutting anything off of anyone without their permission and mostly if what is being cut off is not disease.

edit on 18-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowKnight322

One sentence...........and so significant.

You are truly insightful.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

No, when my three sons were vaccinated it was the late 1970's early 80's and after the vaccinations, two of my three sons became autistic.

After the vaccinations.

Nixie you in my opinion are either deeply programmed, a disinformation agent or quite naive.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Circumsission is actually good for men. It keeps certain diseases at bay.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by havok

No your memory has surpressed the trauma.

A trauma to a baby is still a trauma.

With all due respect that is flat out bull....

Are you suggesting that it is the norm for people to remember their infancy? Because it is not. Most real memories start at about 3 years of age at the EARLIEST.

The reason it is not remembered, is not because it was so traumatic that they blocked it out. How many people in the world have you met that clearly remembers being one day old? two days old? one week old? One month old? 6 months old? Anyone? Anyone? Wow, if what you are saying is true, then every baby in the entire world must be beaten and tortured on a daily basis.

No, you are wrong. Babies do not remember it because firm memories do not start forming in most people until around the age of 3. Your speculation does not match up with science.

As for what I think of circumcision. I have no problem with it. I am, and I am glad. Comparing it to to female clitoris mutilation is just ludicrous.

As was pointed out. It is done at a time when girls are more than old enough to remember. It is done with out any numbing medicines, and with dirty knives, as they are forcibly held down and are often raped.

That is not at all how it happens when boys are circumcised. The reality is it is clean and sterile, It is numbed up ( By most doctors) and they don't feel a thing.

My mom is a nurse in new born nursery and she along with so many other pediatric nurses all say, that what is actually more painful and traumatic is the board they are strapped to. You may notice that new born babies usually have their arms and legs sort of tucked in.

Well,, the boards they are strapped to, require stretching their arms and legs out when they are not really able to stretch like that very well yet. and that does hurt them some. But they are working on newer boards that they can be strapped to that do not require them to stretch the babies arms and legs.

Ladies and gentlemen. I bring facts to this debate. Along with my own opinion, that circumcision is not a bad thing. It is not so much a good thing either.... Really, truth be told, it is more of a cosmetic thing.

I can assure you, coming from circumcised man,that it does not cut back on sexual pleasure either... So who ever believes that is just silly. Circumcision is no where near what female clitoris mutilation is, and anyone who thinks that is the case, is misinformed.

edit on 18-9-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BG43214

My three sons were not given an anesthia.............The doctors said that it would be "unsafe".

In my opinon, if a child of 13-14 wanted this procedure and had anesthia, fine.............not to a newborn baby that has no say so in the matter.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Every single incident that has occurred to you is imprinted upon your brain..............since around five / six months of in the womb to birth...................empathize.

Every singel incidence that occurs is registertered with the brain.............

edit on 18-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Everything that happens to us is recorded in our memory banks.

Being tied down and mutilated sexully has got to make a significant impact on our psyche....................wrong on so many levels.

Looking at this from a "grey" level is why we are in such dire straights.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Thank you for your comment.

It takes a big person, a wise person to keep analizing different perspectives.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Punisher75

It's there in you inner psyche, on a subconscious level because everything that occurred from in the womb to now your brain records.

You may not be aware of the traumas, but they are there as imprints on a subconscious level.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobbox1980

Thank you for your input........very enlightening.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by midniteracerx

the most significant part of your post:

My opinion is that we should at least give our sons the choice to get circumcised.

Choice...........very wise post.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
They are not sexually mutated..and the foreskin is not the male clitoris.

but did you know some jewish cults.drink the blood from this "operation" - they probaly eat the flesh part as well.

GOOGLE "RABBI BLOOD DRINKERS - CIRCUMCISION"

edit on 18-9-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I've thought of this too. A baby or small child being betrayed and tortured like this, this would stay deep within them, and perhaps explains some of the paranoid conditions, and distrust, emotional separation, and any number of conditions. That was something that worried me for years.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join