It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't mutilate your daughters - why do you mutilate your sons ? (Discussion concerning human se

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Death_Kron

It seems the laws in the UK are as mucked up as the laws in the US………………Once divorced the other parent has little or no say so in their child’s major events, unless the parent is that has custody is mature enough to put the needs of their child ahead of their vindictiveness and realize how damaging "getting back at the ex" is to a child.

edit on 21-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

The law here in the UK is, 95% of the time, a complete joke.

Nothing more to add really...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by auswally

it doesn't matter about the sexual thing. its how you use it
Yeah, it is all about how you use it. Which brings up the question of how well can it be used?
Even tho I know a fair bit about wine, I couldn't be a somelier, because I've smoked for years. My nose just isn't sensitive enough...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

No, I did not. My childhood was boring because of people like you who wanted children like me to have everything they ever wanted. I didn't have to work for anything. I didn't have to do anything. The reason why I reject such stupidity in child rearing is because of the fact that I did not have a child hood. I had a farm-animal life of being fed and cared for like a pig. The real world is not so kind. And what do I use from my childhood in the real world? Nothing. I am who I am because I rejected that which was given to me for a childhood and chose to make my own future.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I am actually quite a goof and nice person. There are a very few number of things that annoy me. That is one. Assuming another person based off one or a very few life events is one of them. For that I just educated you. You cannot know a person nor who they are based off the mere fact they were circumcised. This is ridiculous and is close to claiming to know a rapist based off how they smile.

Precisely. I chose to build my own future. And my childhood wasn't even that bad. i just reject the notion thta my childhood even mattered. I did not even chose to make a personality of my own until I was 13. Until then I was a mere drone learning what was presented.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I am actually quite a goof and nice person. There are a very few number of things that annoy me. That is one. Assuming another person based off one or a very few life events is one of them. For that I just educated you. You cannot know a person nor who they are based off the mere fact they were circumcised. This is ridiculous and is close to claiming to know a rapist based off how they smile.

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear enough.
It was a joke, which is why it had a "
" immediately after it.
I was certainly not suggesting I knew of anything about your actual character.

By the way, I'm quite a goof too.

Precisely. I chose to build my own future. And my childhood wasn't even that bad. i just reject the notion thta my childhood even mattered. I did not even chose to make a personality of my own until I was 13. Until then I was a mere drone learning what was presented.

Sadly, too many people stay drones and never make a personality for themselves.

edit on 21/9/10 by Kailassa because: formatting

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Binder

Still can't address my argument. Keep shucking and jiving.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
One of the most repulsive threads I've ever read on this site...

How can removing a relatively useless piece of flesh from a male's sex organ amounts to the same thing than EXCISING... which means to remove -and often without anestesia- the ENTIRE genitalia of a female... and leaving only a small hole for the menstrual blood to drip out? Excision is a butchery for chrissake! How can someone think in such a horribly biased manner, while being so unsensitive to the treatment of girls in these places? Perhaps the genitalia of a women has less value to you than a small piece of skin out of the male genitalia???

Moreover, I sense some horrible antisemitic subtext in OP's claims. Since there's no frontier of how low can some neo-nazi go, especially when it comes to hide his true sympathies, while cowardly trying to propagate his ideology of hatred towards everything that's non-"White", I'd not be surprised.

In this very context, this subtext would go like: "They excise womens in some African regions? Who cares! These nasty Jews cut a piece of flesh from the prepuces of their kids!"

Well, Mr. Genius, perhaps you could point me a Jewish family out there who merely CASTRATES their child out of some religious, moral or cultural purpose? On the other hand, I can point you to a LOT of sick bastards in the Western world who mutilate or kill others based only on where they come from or what they look like!

Flames aside, excision should not be used as a tool to point the finger at Muslim people, since it is a practice used only in a few specific countries, and originates from the specific power structure and codes of these places.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Because Getting your kids circumcised totally means you beat your wife and kids and are an abusive parent.

Suuure.
Did I say that? Go back & check. No I didn't.
I'll confess that the post of mine to which you replied was a booby-trap, because I suspected you would be either too inexperienced in debate or too unintelligent to respond in any other way than you have. Admittedly, its a slightly cruel debating tactic, but I dont feel ashamed, because I happen to be quite passionate about the damage which, what I see as, stupid attitudes towards all things sexual does to individuals & societies. As to what I did say, the central thrust of it was that, just because something is traditional, does not make it good. I illustrated this point with examples of a clearly bad tradition.
I consider it a bonus that you have volunteered the point I was intending to get to, to whit: child abuse.
It is a fact that the hairs around the anus make it impossible to remove every bit of fecal matter just by wiping with toilet paper. Its also a fact that each of us has a gut which is teeming with all sorts of bacteria which, although completely innocuous so long as they stay where they are, will definitely make us &/or others ill, possibly fatally, if they get somewhere that they shouldn't.
Do we have our childrens' backsides scarified so that no hairs will grow there, ameliorating what is a very real risk which commonly becomes a reality? No. We teach them to wash it frequently & wash their hands whenever they've had them down there.
So, if we are prepared to trust them to take care of a risk, which is real completely beyond all conjecture, without the need for damaging their bodies, why should we damage them over risks which not only rarely become reality, but are the subject of conjecture?
Sounds like abuse to me...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Because my faith says so, basically. And because it isn't something insane like sacrifice the virgins to the volcano, I don't honestly see a reason to care. Sure tradition sucks 99% of the time. But I don't see anything wrong. Because I've not suffered, nor do I see 2.5 billion people suffering directly because of it. So it's a tradition that does not matter. And as such, I don't care.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

I wouldn't quote the lunatic ravings of your post, they don't deserve it.

Most of the people in this world who undergo circumcision are not Jewish.

Some Jews are against circumcision. Are they anti-semitic neo-nazis?

The Royal Australasian College of Physicians advises against it. Are they anti-semitic neo-nazis?

Btw, FGM comprises a number of different methods, ranging from the horrendous one you describe to a mere scratch on the clitoral hood. Would you allow a less severe form to be carried out on your daughter just because method performed in another in another country was worse? Male circumcision is nowhere as bad as the worst FGM, but it still means a man is lacking 12 square inches, (by Jewish figures,) to 15 square inches, (American figures,) of foreskin he would otherwise have.

It is quite legitimate to argue that giving the chop, which is very painful, to a brand new infant, is cruel and an invasion of the little person's rights.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedUK

Originally posted by ohhwataloser
I always got told that the reason behind it was to last longer and it makes sense to me. if you think it deprives me of sexual pleasure....lmao how wrong you are. I'm glad I got it done.
So what you're saying is, because of your circumcision you have less feeling in your penis.

Well Hell that's changed my mind! Now where's that scalpel...

Jeez.

My sex life would change most guys mind. Some people have to drink or take some sort of drug to have less feeling. I don't have to. Sex is a big thing in most peoples lives. I don't know what to tell you, lifes great.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There must be some reduction in sensitivity from being circumcised because I'm uncircumcised and occasionally when running around playing soccer or some other activity, my foreskin can sometimes work its way back which is very uncomfortable due the sensitivity of my penis head rubbing on clothing, it's a bit embarrassing having to re-adjust yourself but it's either that or ending up aroused which makes it even harder to run.

I was fairly shocked when I first found out that the USA is so big on circumcision, I knew Jews did it for religious reasons but other than that it's the sort of thing I thought mostly went on in backward African nations. I don't really understand the hygiene argument, it takes literally 1-2secs to pull the foreskin back to wash it which every man should do often whether circumcised or not.

edit on 21-9-2010 by mc1km because: Correction

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I'm not sure though that you can always keep every nook and cranny in your foreskin scrubbed and clean as often as it takes to prevent bacteria.
You seem to have a real hang up about the issue of hygiene. In 1 way I can understand it, because the remaining skin on a cut man is nowhere near as mobile as an intact man's (if you dont believe me, google the theatre show "Puppetry.of the Penis").
If you're imagining that a foreskin behaves like the skin on your shaft, you've totally not got it. Its really stretchy. To wash it, you just squidge it between fingers & thumb, or use a flannel also, to massage the soap in & abrade any scuzz that could be there (Although, if you wash regularly, there wont be any. How often do you notice the dead skin you wash off every day from other parts of your body?). Stretch. Rinse & repeat. No problem.
Otherwise, you may have a psychological issue there. If so, its likely that its not an isolated thing. Your attitude to your penis could well be affecting other areas of your life. I'm not being facetious. I've been in therapy: thankfully, my attitude towards sex was about the only thing that I escaped from my childhood with without it being completely warped. Not that most people would agree, mind. Still, estimates are that between 85 & 90% of adults in the western world are dysfunctional to a degree that negatively impacts on their lives & thus those around them, so WTF do I care what their toxic shame & jealousy makes them think of me?
You might want to have a word with a counsellor tho. If you're in a medical environment, it shouldn't be too difficult to blag it for free. I've found that "Gestalt Therapy" was most helpful, but it seems that CBT is all the rage now. You 'just' have to challenge your therapist with the rock-on truth (not easy). If they're any good, they'll either respond or refer you to someone else that is better able to deal with your issues.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Oh yeah, I forgot about this:

Sorry that I don't agree with your pretty tree and happy bunny view of the world
Have you got something against pretty trees or happy bunnies? Or are you just trying to pidgeon-hole people in exactly the way that Binder was complaining about?
If we carry on with the ridiculous polarisation, would it make much sense if I said "Sorry that I dont agree with your ugly concrete and miserable battery hen view of the world."? Quite apart from the "sorry" being completely insincere in both cases, what is the actual point of such a statement? Do you imagine that somebody might come back with "Trees & Bunnies ROCK! How dare you impugn their majesty?" Or was it just a borderline passive/aggressive insult (google it if you dont know what that means: it might very well do you some good)?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Yea I'm calling BS on this. Stop derailing the thread and trolling. Get to the point. What is it about circumcision that is so incredibly bad that it should be banned?

I don't care for this "protect the children" crap. All I've ever seen come about from that is the product of such a childhood having a punch to the face with the real world.

Life sucks, then you die. Why should I induce a lie on my children? If anything, circumcision is a taste of how the world really is.

Oh sure I will work for its betterment, but to say this crap about bad experiences and "broken" inside is simply a fallacy.

The fact remains circumcision gave me no negative. SO why should I care? You have failed to answer this simply query

edit on 21-9-2010 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Well, I got news for you, we mutilate our baby sons over here in America as well, and we just call it circumcism.

I have three grown sons that were born in the late seventies and early eighties.

Back then, we had a serious discussion with two doctors about circumcision.........to or not to?

Haven’t really followed all the posts but this sure seems like a big deal to you. If you feel the removal of some skin is mutilation then so be it, but it is hard to compare the why and how women are circumcised to that of men. Women are circumcised later in life, just before puberty, and it is done to reduce some perceived sexual desires by cutting off their clitoris. Now the clitoris holds more nerve endings than the entire penis so just think about the pain as this is done with a knife with zero pain relief as it is considered a part of toughing them up. It is not uncommon for them to they lay for days in pain with never really getting over the ordeal as the memory doesn’t fade much, and what for many circumcised women a huge part of their sexual pleasure is gone, removed, mutilated….

On the other hand I care little that I was circumcised and I have yet to meet another man to think two thoughts about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I am going to say this and I will never come back to this thread again.

I am not circumcised. There are times where I look down there and think that I am a freak, while other times my pride takes control of my emotions and I tell myself that I am no different than any other guy.

There are times where I wished I was circumcised when I was a child so I could "fit in," and other times I just accept that nothing can be done and I should move on. How can someone compare trauma as a baby that will be repressed to the everyday turmoil of feeling like a freak?

I am uncircumcised. I am not a freak, I am a man.

And I am done here.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Bushido Kanji because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
nevermind

edit on 21-9-2010 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I got circumcised back when I was about 6 - 8 years old. Now I'm in my 20s. And I actually like my penis with its foreskin removed. I know that the practice doesn't merely help prevent various types of infections. It also helps me fart, like to blow any extra air or gas out of my system, through my penis when I'm sleeping or meditating.

I know I shouldn't worry too much about how my own genitalia looks as long as its healthy. I'm not a woman and therefore don't give birth to babies by using my genital organ functions. That's why its also pointless for me to bother thinking too much about my sexual identity. Because insecure guys like that eventually become gay or bisexual (or at least grow up doing experiments with other guys) to seek more attention from other people around them.

Men could all just make babies by using intellectual, technological & maybe even spiritual means if they all had access to the right amounts of knowledge, resources, fundings, authority & influence over the human society. We wouldn't even be needing any more unnecessary help from females who are limited to only having two X chromosome while lacking the our Y chromosomes & all the benefits that may come with it.

edit on 21-9-2010 by killyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by killyou

But, it sounds like your post, that you got to choose.? Am I correct?

At least someone was able to explain to you, what was going on and why.

Pleae elaborate.

I'm glad you are happy and satisfied with you decision.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join