It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't mutilate your daughters - why do you mutilate your sons ? (Discussion concerning human se

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Well, you edited your posts and I didn't quote you. Well played.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by AdAbsurdum
Why don't we also remove the appendix at birth too, that causes far more problems then a foreskin

The reason we don't is because removal of the appendix has never been part of some prosaic ritual that has been ingrained onto your culture

No. The reason we don't is because there would be no culture to be ingrained in!

I have wondered though, if we removed the appendage in question at birth if things wouldn't be more calm in the world...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Okay, I see a little tension has erupted, so I thought I would bring some brevity to the discussion.

I had to have penile reduction surgery, my posture was going all to hell, the problem is.................it didn't take.

Now that a little humor has broken the tension, back on topic.

I find the practice to be outdated. Yes in the past it could be that infections and the like was something to consider. But now with modern hygeine practices and prevalent medical knowledge, I find it to be superfluous.

Oh, yes I have a mushroom, I could just imagine how bad my posture would be if I did not!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Hi Ofhumandecent

"Circumcision...particularly done without anesthetic has a healthy effect on the mind. Especially when it's connected with the idea of punishment.

Quote by John Harvey Kellogg

Holy *bleep*! I'll never eat Corn Flakes again. What a sick sick man. Probably anti-Semitic to boot.

Anyway, thank you for bringing this issue to the boards. I truly hope people listen to the video. It's horrific. Just horrific.

That the male foreskin is the ONLY organ cut from the body while it's healthy and functioning?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Please, no name calling and please keep this thread respectful.

We are very lucky that we are free enough on ATS to discuss sensitive issues.

Let's remain mature and respectful.

I appreciate everyone's participation and want to thank one and all for your input.

Cutting a toenail, nails have no feeling............the foreskin according to scientist does, in fact it is very sensitive, just like our lips and fingertips.

Myself, the reason this issue is important to me is that I myself do not like pain. I am very sensitive and feel for anyone that experiences pain.

Now, I am told some folks actually like pain, but not me. Be thankful I am not a spy because just threatening to inflict pain upon me and I would tell them everything I knew. (Trying to keep it light).

edit on 18-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Sensational Title = BS

I have had this conversation too many times.
Always a woman who thinks we ought to keep our pigs in a blanket.
I don't know one cut man that wants his skin back.

1)It adds to sexual pleasure by increasing sensitivity
2) Easy to clean = Less disease spreading
3) Foreskin is icky < my hot wife's opinion is all I need

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks Silo, yes I thought the very same thing. I will never eat cornflakes again.

Got to wonder about that guy.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Myself, the reason this issue is important to me is that I myself do not like pain. I am very sensitive and feel for anyone that experiences pain.

Now, I am told some folks actually like pain, but not me. Be thankful I am not a spy because just threatening to inflict pain upon me and I would tell them everything I knew. (Trying to keep it light).

I was going to ask you if you ever got a tattoo, but I guess not.
Have you ever been in a fistfight?
Crashed a bike and got gravel rash?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE
I don't know one cut man that wants his skin back.

You do now.

Also, if you did some research on the subject you'd fine that I am not an anomaly and plenty of psychologists are making money off the issues created by sexually mutilating infant males.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Custom and tradition.
I am sure it was quite painful.
Speaking of babies rights, when do they acquire them?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Hi Ofhumandecent

"Circumcision...particularly done without anesthetic has a healthy effect on the mind. Especially when it's connected with the idea of punishment.

Quote by John Harvey Kellogg

Holy *bleep*! I'll never eat Corn Flakes again. What a sick sick man. Probably anti-Semitic to boot.

I have to agree with you on this one. It is quite a disturbing comment.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

My youngest son had no anesthesia and they tied him down on a board. This, I am told is common procedure.

The foreskin is not dead, if you watched the second video it explains that the foreskin is very sensitive. It has erogenous cells.

Have you had children yet?

I ask because the minute you hold your very first baby in your arms you will be overcomed with a love you have never experienced. (I did anyway).

In my humble opinion, nobody should be cutting anything off of anybody unless what is being cut off is diseased.

I even think docking of dog tails and ears is cruel, but that is another thread.

Cutting something off that doesn't really need to be cut off and in the process causing that person / animal pain is cruel and immoral.

The innervation of the foreskin is impressive. Genitally intact males know from personal experience that the foreskin is one of the most sensitive parts of the body. Consequently, for over a century, some of the most respected names in medical science have turned their attention to this part of the body. Anatomists have transformed this inner knowledge into careful scientific observations about the complex innervation of the foreskin. As the most richly innervated part of the penis, the foreskin has the largest number of nerve receptors, as well as the greatest variety of nerve receptors. These specialized nerve endings include Meissner's corpuscles, free nerve endings, end bulbs of Krause, corpuscles of Ruffini, Pacinian corpuscles, genital end bulbs, genital bodies, Merkel's disks, Golgi-Mazzoni corpuscles, and Vater-Pacinian corpuscles. These remarkable organs provide the foreskin with an amazing ability to detect the slightest sensations of touch, motion, temperature, and pressure. We are still unaware of all the facts about these fascinating structures. Future research may discover even more nerve receptors in the foreskin and help clarify what useful purposes they serve.

The foreskin is what's known as a specific erogenous zone. This means that it is richly equipped with a high density and concentration of specialized and sophisticated nerve receptors that convey pleasure. The only other specific erogenous zones on the male body are the conjunctiva of the eye, lips, nipples, perianal skin, and the head of the penis. The presence of specialized erogenous nerve receptors makes this part of the body especially important.

The primary zones of erotogenous sensitivity are the frenulum, ridged mucosa, the preputial orifice, and the external fold of the foreskin. All of these zones are orgasmic triggers. Continuous and gentle stimulation of any one of these areas can elicit pleasure, orgasm, and ejaculation.

How the Glans Compares With the Foreskin

Most people are surprised to learn that the glans penis is one of the least sensitive parts of the entire body. Obviously, this news may be worrying for circumcised males. The glans is insensitive to light touch, heat, cold, and even to pinpricks, as researchers at the Department of Pathology in the Health Sciences Centre at the University of Manitoba discovered. The corona of the glans contains scattered free nerve endings, genital end bulbs, and Pacinian corpuscles, which transmit sensations of pain and deep pressure. The glans is nearly incapable of detecting light touch. Source: www.enotalone.com...

His piercing scream and wailing really upset me..............he shook in my arms and was traumatized.

edit on 18-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Very good question.........................

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

My wife says the female consensus is that oral sex is more likely to happen without the skin.
Skin is bad.

This is stupid. Do some searching yourself about the dangers of keeping it.
People........

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I also debated long and hard over circumcision with my sons. There was a family history as well, and one of the cousins that wasn't circumsized as an infant had to be as an adult, and I'm not going into the details on a forum, something to do with accomodating a size change. I do believe in circumcision for cleanlineness and health reasons, but I am not into harming an infant. My first son was done, and the cap messed up and they had to redo it. The second boy, this was a huge debate after I had given birth, my husband wanted it done for family traditions, which was the most irrelevant reason for me but in the end I wasn't up to arguing. My son had jaundice and had to go under the machine, so I went home 2 days before him and had to keep coming back and nurse him.

So we heard the procedure and the screaming, everything they said was a lie. And then the doctor came in and had the nerve to say, he only cried once, lie they always say, when we were just around the corner from the procedure. I was so upset, my ex and the doctor both got it.

And since they don't use any pain killer, as it increases the risk of choking danger to the child, its torture to do this.

My last 3 boys are uncircumsized, though their father wanted it down. I told him that no one was coming after my children with a knife or they would be facing me.

There is nothing wrong with getting it down as a teenager and being frozen so as not to feel anything, and then being given codeine. People who say its better to get it down as an infant are way off the mark, its way better to address a minor surgery like this with full pain control techniques.

Now as for girls versus boys. The procedure done to girls is like removing the whole organ itself and alot of other body tissue and parts without any treatment for pain. Most boy babies survive circumsicion. A good percentage of the girls die from infection from performing major surgery without pain killers or cleanliness or follow up treatment.

They're not the same procedure at all.

Also men still have orgasims, as nature designed them to, and girls are amount to raped for a man's pleasure without any feelings herself, not as nature designed. Since her equal feelings are excluded in the act, I call that kind of sex rape.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Very good post.

And yes, from further research I have found as stated in my previous posts on this thread that everything that happens to you from even inside the womb to death leaves a imprint upon you.

In order for humans to survive and remain stable, unpleasant "traumas" are ususally masked, they recede deep into the subconscious.

But, they become a part of that persons psyche nevertheless.

You may not remember the trauma and that is what it is to a baby - but your brain has stored that trauma in it's records and it remains thoughout your life.

Life is full of traumas, one less is always better.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE
My wife says the female consensus is that oral sex is more likely to happen without the skin.
Skin is bad.

Not really into that, so it doesn't worry me.

This is stupid. Do some searching yourself about the dangers of keeping it.
People........

That isn't the point. The point is that you have no right to mutilate another human being with out their consent.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If teenagers want it done in teenage years and later on, the procedure is day surgery, short, done with freezing and then there is codeine and pain killers. Its not that big a deal for an adult or teenager to handle, but its a biggie for an infant.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

No, no tatoos for me, I cringe when I have to have blood drawn.

I was able to give myself a shot in the stomach each day at 7:30 AM for ten days after my gastric bypass surgery and very proud of myself...........but the needle was so thin and my tummy so fat that it didn't hurt much.

When I had my ears pierced (by a doctor) I had three of my best girlfriends come and hold my hands. I closed my eyes.

Yes I was in a bad car accident when I was 16. My head hit the windshield and was cut and my pelvis had a hairline crack which was very painful.

The steering column gave out, I was in the back seat, we were going down a steep hill and around a curve, if another car had not hit us head on we would have gone off a cliff.

The pain was really really bad, I still don't like to drive and when I have to am very careful.

I am also a survivor of child abuse. Once I was hit in the head with a two by four, woke up in the hospital with a bad headache and was told if I told the doctors, next time I wouldn't wake up.

Have been beaten and pushed against a wall hard..............yes I have experienced pain and it's not fun to me anyway.

Maybe that is why I am such an advocate for children, animals, the elderly and homeless.

edit on 18-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: grammar and spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Other than for 'supposed' cosmetic reasons there is no reason to circumcise in this day and age, there are many myths surrounding it than even many doctors still seem to repeat as fact.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join