It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's Nuclear Bomb program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I was searching for information on events leading up to the Nuclear attack on Japan and found information on Japan's own effort to build nukes.

Apparently, they started working on an atomic bomb program called F-Go in 1942. That is something that I was not aware of.
I wonder, if they had been the first to develop it, would they have used it?

Was it fear of Japan's nuclear program that led to the US dropping the bombs on Japan?

Fas.org Japan's nuclear development:
There are indications that Japan had a more sizable program than is commonly understood, and that there was close cooperation among the Axis powers, including a secretive exchange of war materiel. The German submarine U-234, which surrendered to US forces in May 1945, was found to be carrying 560 kilograms of Uranium oxide destined for Japan's own atomic program. The oxide contained about 3.5 kilograms of the isotope U-235, which would have been about a fifth of the total U-235 needed to make one bomb. After Japan surrendered on 15 August 1945, the occupying US Army found five Japanese cyclotrons, which could be used to separate fissionable material from ordinary uranium. The Americans smashed the cyclotrons and dumped them into Tokyo Harbor.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I watched this show about the nuke race, Both time the germans and the japs were days, maybe hours from having the nuke to use on us. There was a gemran sub that was going to japan with uraniam and hard water.

The japs had turn on the germans, right after normany or d-day. So the sub that had be under for 6 weeks decided to go turn them selves in tho the US.

Its the best kept secret of WW2

[edit on 23-6-2004 by SpittinCobra]

join