It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, who is this guy? Certainly not Tingles (Chris Mathews)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I think we better look for a pod because I think someone has been body snatched. Never heard ol Tingles be so, so, so, so, so Non partisan and Reporter like.

Give a listen-legalinsurrection.blogspot.com...

Here is a snippet of the commentary, from this site-Chris Matthews Bets Lib Guest Christine O'Donnell Wins in November

The transcript is further down the page. There is also a discussion on O' Donnell in the beginning of this article. Tingles actually wanted to bet O' Donnell was going to win.

MATTHEWS: Let me finish tonight with a question. Just where do you think this explosion of voter anger we saw last night in Delaware and have seen growing in voters in Pennsylvania, Florida, Utah, Nevada, Kentucky, Colorado and in just about every poll across the country is going to take us?

Last night, as the dust began to clear, I heard progressive glee that the anger was on the verge of burning itself out, that the victory of Christine O`Donnell in Delaware like that of Sharron Angle in Nevada, was throwing away the election. How could voters in the general election go so far as to elect one of these candidates the angry primary voters have kicked pup?

I supposed I had my eyes on something different. While others were seeing dead people, the defeated Mike Castle, who was supposed to be strong this November, I saw the strength of the flames that consumed him and will consume many others this rapidly approaching election night. I have waited all my adult life for an election in which voters have the fire to reach up and burn those who have been running the show for decades. But I didn`t know it would come from the right and center.

Well, I think Tingles called this one pretty good. Except it is not only about the economy. Why do they have to break a good commentary by trying to put people into boxes. Oh, I guess that is their purpose.

Your thoughts on what Chris Mathews had to say?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I thought I would get a little action on this thread.

Chris Mathews actually speaking the truth about the Tea Party movement and appreciates their cause.

I guess no one wanted to call him out.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
What is with the "Tingles" stuff? Threw me off from the get go.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
He just declared the holocaust.
I think he just peaked.

David Grouchy

edit on 19-9-2010 by davidgrouchy because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

That is a nickname he picked up when referring to Obama during the election cycle.

He stated that "I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often."

So he picked up the nickname Tingles, because anytime he talks about Obama, he gets these tingles.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I stopped watching Chris Matthews because he now seems like he is just drewling over the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, the Republicans and attacking Obama. I never trusted that guy in the first place, he just seems too establishment for me.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Attacking Obama, excuse me? Which Tingles are you talking about? The one on this episode or the other Tingles. You know why Tingles has the nickname Tingles? Because he gets Tingles when he talks about Obama. Hell to him, Obama walks on water.

This is the first time I have ever seen him say anything, REMOTELY nice about the movement, which he did not really say much nice about it. Only finally agreeing they are a force to be reckoned with.

Of course he attempts to say that the whole Tea Party is only about the economy, funny how they always attempt to put people in specific boxes. Attempting to contain them in their view, that if only the economy would be better, everything would be fine. There is a SLIGHT truth to it, but not anymore. It has been and always will be now, about out of control federal government. Not doing their job and doing things that are NOT their job.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Wow that post of mine sounded like I support Obama, that is definitely not the case. My point was that now it seems 'Tingles' has flip-flopped and is now lusting after Palin and the Tea Party.

Like I said, I never trusted that guy.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I caught a show of his a couple weeks back... He is fascinated with the Muslim, Commie, illegal immigrant
status of Obama, he trued very hard to get the GOP mouthpiece to disclose WHY this narrative reads
like a list of middle American fears personified. Tingles and I know why, because it does damage 24/7,
solidifies the base and can never be proven 100%. He is the only guy who seems to acknowledge the political side of politics which is 90% BS, like him or not that, guy knows the game.

He also said he thinks the TP will, help some Democrats out in some areas if GOP handlers do not Muzzle them and direct their "message", this would be driving past the money. It seems today O'Donnell has taken the content off of her site??? If this is true, he was right, two weeks ago or so.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Yeah, that is one of his tricks.

He gets that from Howard Dean. If you cannot beat the subject of the discussion, pivot and change it to something else.

Howard Dean Pivot tactic-Howard Dean teaches sleazy pivot tactic so well versed by Bill Clinton

Howard Dean-

Bill Clinton was the best at it.

When the right wing asks a question like what is your position on immigration, come back with, you know you guys are always talking about immigrants, why don't we talk about jobs.

This tactic is sleaze all the way. If you cannot debate an argument and can only come back with an off topic subject, it is sleaze, sleaze, sleaze. Debate the topic or go home is my stance on the pivot maneuver by politicians and political pundits like Mathews.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Yeah, that is one of his tricks.

He gets that from Howard Dean. If you cannot beat the subject of the discussion, pivot and change it to something else.

Howard Dean Pivot tactic-Howard Dean teaches sleazy pivot tactic so well versed by Bill Clinton

Howard Dean-

Bill Clinton was the best at it.

When the right wing asks a question like what is your position on immigration, come back with, you know you guys are always talking about immigrants, why don't we talk about jobs.

This tactic is sleaze all the way. If you cannot debate an argument and can only come back with an off topic subject, it is sleaze, sleaze, sleaze. Debate the topic or go home is my stance on the pivot maneuver by politicians and political pundits like Mathews.

I guess I am sleaze

I have been writing it on and off for well over a year,,, its not like it dies off, or is one story, it just keeps going and going... IT suits your narrative so you probably do not care to recognize the pattern or don't notice it.
I do however, it is like Bush's Linguistic skills, BASH, BASH, BASH - expect the Obama things are not
actions. This is the constant fanning of doubt...

Funny though I don't even think you read what I said earlier - or maybe I wrote it poorly -

"If you cannot beat the subject of the discussion, pivot and change it to something else."

if you think Howard Dean invented the above, you might also be suggesting he is ten of thousands of years old.

ATS is sort of full of crap because we all act as if politics is this honest field, even with what we do commenting
I am still able to tell when I am pursuing advantages BS most of the time.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

No, he did not invent it, but he made a video and it ended up on YouTube.

Myself, I "attempt" to attack the actions not the man. If I can, I try and show the same actions of others that parallel the actions of the current president.

I may get a little out of hand, as do we all. That is what makes us human, we are all fallible.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I may get a little out of hand, as do we all. That is what makes us human, we are all fallible.

So true....even Tingles!

But I bet the 5 mil a year that Chris M. makes gives him the tingles also. It would me!

I'll bet Kieth has got a few tingles of his own.

gawker.com...

edit on 20-9-2010 by whaaa because: forgot something

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Easy now, no using logical twists of humor to attempt to make this out to be a mistake by Tingles.

Like I like to say, a lot of times I think I am wrong, that is usually the times I am.

Star for that by the way.

edit on 20-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Your thoughts on what Chris Mathews had to say?

Even a blind pig can find an acorn once in a while. But I'm not ready to put lipstick on this pig. Not yet. He's gotta show more brains before he can erase the 'tingle up my leg' lunacy from our collective memories before I'll consider him on the road to de-brainwashing.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah, it will take a lot more than one episode of Hardball where he actually comes up for air and the truth, for me to believe he has woken.

The best part of his final thought though was this-

I have waited all my adult life for an election in which voters have the fire to reach up and burn those who have been running the show for decades. But I didn`t know it would come from the right and center.

From the second link in the OP.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

i use to watch matthews until he sold his soul.

the anger that is out there from the left is the people who are pizzed off that everything in their lives isnt free

the anger out there from the people on the right is the fact this country is killing itself.

yeah november we will see which side of anger prevails.

top topics

join