It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Military website warns you are being monitored

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

Starbug,

That may have something to do with this thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Originally posted by ATLien
On another note, Ive never seen this ufo photo before.
www.icehouse.net...

Did you find that on the site?

or are you just way off topic?

Peace.
ALS

Off topic..That site is lame, rite now I'm searching through DIA(Department of Defense) Pdf's....The DIA is the real CIA, I think the Denver International Airport(DIA) is just a distraction for people trying to research the real DIA..If any one has spare time, use backdoors to find out what you can about the DIA and it's connections to Space C2, 9/11, etc.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

I think that might be someone from ATS:

twitter.com...

Peace.
ALS

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Off topic..That site is lame, rite now I'm searching through DIA(Department of Defense) Pdf's....The DIA is the real CIA, I think the Denver International Airport(DIA) is just a distraction for people trying to research the real DIA..If any one has spare time, use backdoors to find out what you can about the DIA and it's connections to Space C2, 9/11, etc.

ATLien,

Backdooring government sites is probably a really good way to get the kind of attention that people generally would not want to have.

Just trying to help ya avoid an orange jumpsuit and whatnot!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

I am no hacker........probley a good thing.

I don't fancy a one way trip to Gbay!

Be careful mate, backdooring government sites is very dangerous.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Not worried,I look forward to TPTB paying me a visit, I'm a "Law Enforcement Confrontation" professional..It'll be a stressful work day for those guys..

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
But forget about Will Smith and Tommy Lee..Check out this thread I was working on, I'm not good at creating Articulate, Esthetically pleasing threads, But I think I'm on to something over here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

If YOU were allowed to visit the site than it's not "Illegal"..All the crazy S%* people post on here and NEVER, have you EVER heard of anyone, from any country ever being "Visited" by TPTB...SO case closed..Stop being a girly-man

edit on 18-9-2010 by ATLien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
well apparently its a simple honeypot, they're using some dumb ip masquerading

edit on 18-9-2010 by OTTOKARMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

reply to post by badw0lf

If YOU were allowed to visit the site than it's not "Illegal"..All the crazy S%* people post on here and NEVER, have you EVER heard of anyone, from any country ever being "Visited" by TPTB...SO case closed..Stop being a girly-man

edit on 18-9-2010 by ATLien because: (no reason given)

Sure sure... I'll be safe.. You do your own thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

As I mentioned earlier..

Either way, getting unsuspecting people to hit the servers from ATS is poor form, IMO. Especially when the intent was not to really query the situation, but to go "Ah its lame, I've moved on to the next one." and basically leave people hitting the site en masse for no reason.

That is lame..

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sorry, double post!

Peace.
ALS

edit on 18-9-2010 by ALOSTSOUL because: You damn dirty double post!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA
well apparently its a simple honeypot, they're using some dumb ip masquerading

I haven't got a clue what any of that means........care to enlighten me?

Peace.
ALS

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

its a screencap of a man-in-the-middle sniffing session

analyzing raw tcp/ip and icmp packets exchanged between my fake ip and their servers
to make it simple, they're using multiples ip changers to cover their real ips and prevent from peoples to poke thems with sticks

oh and to see if they're able to catch some peoples attracted by their ip

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This is "NOT" a real dor mil web site...

I may be a retired Marine but I still have ocision to log into dot mil sites... common among all of them is a secure password issued by your brance of service or DOD...
the lack of a secure log in makes me think when this site was regestered rather than do so with a dot com they picked a dot mil.. for who knows what reason.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

How do you decide my intent? I was intrigued and now I'm not, "Unsuspecting" is a little much isn't it...No one on this site is illiterate, I described it in the title, then in the thread, your computer warned you and then the site warned you. That's 4 descriptions, so who's "unsuspecting" here? All scared and presumptuous, What's the worst case scenario? Is there even one?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

i have to agree with you, its not a real MIL site, im still analyzing the raw packets

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I didnt really bother going any further with it but...
Has anyone tried to do a Whois lookup of the IP addy???

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

well apparently its a simple honeypot
That's what I was thinking, however I have no idea what IP masquerading is.

In computer terminology, a honeypot is a trap set to detect, deflect, or in some manner counteract attempts at unauthorized use of information systems. Generally it consists of a computer, data, or a network site that appears to be part of a network, but is actually isolated, (un)protected, and monitored, and which seems to contain information or a resource of value to attackers.

In simple terms it's a security hole (or something creating the illusion of one) which has been intentionally left open, so that they can catch would be hackers or what ever. And judging by that disclaimer which says they can attempt "penetration tests" on you simply by connecting to their servers, I would stay away from that website, especially the link given by the OP because it does seem like a honeypot backdoor.

edit on 18/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join