It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toy guns will have to be licensed in Queensland under new firearms laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Toy guns will have to be licensed in Queensland under new firearms laws Read more: www.news.com.au... Atvof

www .news.com.au

ANY ITEM that looks like a gun will have to be licensed under several changes to the Weapons Act being considered by the Queensland State Government.

Even guns made out of materials as unlikely as soap or plastic may have to be kept under lock and key if they could "reasonably be taken to be a weapon".

The draft act says an imitation is a "reasonable copy" of a weapon that is not capable of causing death or injury.

"If it looks like a gun and feels like a gun, it will have to be licensed," s
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-9-2010 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It looking even harder to own a gun in australia even more these day. I think its even illegal to own a bullet proof vest! There are no liberties here to protect your own home or your family. This is over regulating clearly. Howver notice how police are exempt and you can carry a knife for religious reasons??

Seems odd to me with a hidden agenda

www .news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
surprised this didn't happen in NSW first there was a local Mobil that was stuck up with a novelty potato gun the type that you buy at a toy store.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
So what, every kid in Queensland has to have a gun licence now to own a water pistol? Ludicrous! They should be concentrating on the problem with kids taking knives to school. Seriously, how often do you hear of kids pretending to rob people at pretend gun point?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
pritty sure you can still buy replicas in wa i seen a website with a bren gun a few years back

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Yeah well it will get worse now that I hear the Greenies are sleeping with the Government there

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
So much for the "smart state"

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Imaginary Friend
I'm all for the 'greens' but don't trust "Captain" Bligh. Beattie was the one who thought it was a smart state....until the Traveston Dam fiasco. That wasn't so smart now, was it? Makes one wonder why the greens want in with Labour.
Back on topic, the whole justice system is stuffed, so what will the penalties be for an unlicensed child be?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Pretty soon they will license minds.

If you know how to make a gun, even a replica, water pistol, carve a wooden one and use shoe polish to make it look like one (Dillinger), you will have to a license. No license, sorry, you will have to have a lobotomy.

And some folk thinking this is okay, I just wish the ELE gets it over with already.

There is NO intelligent life here anymore!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Man... putting in context with the Net censorship and those weird accusations of pedophilia aimed at mens who were just looking at kids in parks, Australia is so extreme in its Big Brother laws that it merely turns it all into a big joke!

Waterguns and BB Co2 guns needing a license? And what next? Your kitchen knives? The locks on your door as well as your alarm system? Your baby's diapers?

Just plain ludicrous. I'm never setting foot in Oz. You folks in Australia have got to start causing REAL problems to bureaucrats out there, or else you're really going to Hell in the next few years. Just do something!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm sure that will make everyone safer! Great call!

/sarcasm

edit on 18-9-2010 by bozzchem because: spelling issue

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Waterguns and BB Co2 guns needing a license? And what next? Your kitchen knives? The locks on your door as well as your alarm system? Your baby's diapers?

Co2 BB guns/air rifles come under the same weapons license catergory "class A" from memory ever since we've had gun laws over here

new topics

top topics

join