It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impressing people with your Avatar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Were can I go to find an Avatar that shows my cooler side? I notice many people make sure their Avatar is really cool looking to present a good impression on others.

how do I get an Avatar that simply shows my smartest talents?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Why the new thread?

There's some answers, even offers to make one for you, in your previous thread on the same issue.

edit to add:

There are also numerous threads in the Member Art Forum by people who make avatars for ATS members, take a look through and see what you like.

edit on 9/18/2010 by americandingbat because: I'm feeling generous

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Here's one for you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7231825cb7a.jpg[/atsimg]

Your sarcasm is as subtle as a sledgehammer.

edit on 18/9/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
If I find a really cool Avatar from Google images I am sure people will be impressed with me on ATS

less typing needed by me if my avatar impresses people

convinience is what I prefer

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

If I find a really cool Avatar from Google images I am sure people will be impressed with me on ATS

Maybe quality threads and posts will make them impressed with you instead.

Seriously though, an avatar means absolutely nothing here. It's all about the content.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
okay fess up. are there any men hiding behind avatars of beautiful women. i wanna know.
you sickos

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

Were can I go to find an Avatar that shows my cooler side? I notice many people make sure their Avatar is really cool looking to present a good impression on others.

Dissecting this one piece of the subject matter, avatar construction has become something of an art form of its own here at ATS. Over the years, even before I signed up as a member, the evolution of the avatar has been well worth watching because with each generational progression, these mini-masterpieces compete with some of the best on the web.

Speaking for myself, I quite enjoy building them... not so much to represent 'who' I am as a person, but my attitude and outlook to the subjects I most prefer to subscribe.

As for locating one that speaks for you? There are a number of members here who will gladly build one for you... and some who will offer hints that will help you build them yourself.

edit on 18-9-2010 by redoubt because: Typo

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Chadwickus, you made me blow rootbeer through my nose. Shame on you and thank you at the same time!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm2012

less typing needed by me if my avatar impresses people

convinience is what I prefer

Seriously what is your damage?

Why do you care so much about avatars?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Im so cool, look mah avatur, look it, look , LOOOOk !!!!
Did i told you mah uvutar is cool ?
did i ?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Seriously though, an avatar means absolutely nothing here. It's all about the content.

Well...at thousands of posts a day I do speed-browse some threads to read only the contributions by people I recognize. Avatars are a part of "brand recognition" and help me sort out from an overwhelming amount of information.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

OMG is that Carlton from Fresh Prince spinning on your background? Dude, you are sooooooo coooool!!! LLOOOOOOKKKKK at his avatar and how coooooool he is!!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Ok I just snorted coffee up nose when I laughed. Thanks lol

BTW your avy is the best
but I think you know that.. Yours is really the only one I pay attention to lol!

Hmmm I wonder why?!

OP it's about the content not the avys.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Cmon i know you want muh uvatar, i know it
you're just jealous of my smart side

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree, and I admit I do the same all the time (especially in long threads), but I was just pointing out that in the whole scheme of things, it's the content that should matter...Not the avatar.

Oh, and the reason I mentioned that in the first place was because I was replying to a post which had a comment like this in it.."less typing needed by me if my avatar impresses people".. which is just silly IMO as, like I said, the content is what really matters, not the avatar and wanting an impressive avatar shouldn't be for a reason such as that.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Great. Now I have avatar envy!

How am I going to explain this to my therapist????

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

The guys a troll, so the sarcastic remarks he's making is expected.

It's a shame, because despite this sarcasm there are still members like yourself and Americandingbat etc who are polite and are willing to help.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing Thread
Avatars That Impress People & Make you Look Really Cool

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
1h.) Spamming: You will not post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums.

-closed-

top topics

join