It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"H.I.V." Was in Monkeys for Millennia: Why Didn't We Get Sick?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

"H.I.V." Was in Monkeys for Millennia: Why Didn't We Get Sick?

www.cbsnews.com

The precursor to H.I.V., the virus that causes AIDS, may be older than you think. Way older.

According to new research, simian immunodeficiency virus (S.I.V.) has been in monkeys for millennia, potentially putting humans at risk for the last 32,000 years and possibly much longer.

And yet, for all that time, humans didn't get sick in mass. Only in the 20th century did H.I.V. become a global scourge that has claimed 25 million lives.

Why?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sciencemag.org

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Thought this was quite a poignant question. I suppose it is just a case of it had to happen sooner or later. It was inevitable for it to cross over as would any virus given the correct circumstances.

The continual butchering and consumption of simian meat, created ideal conditions for the virus to mutate and transfer itself into the now infamous human form.

Unfortunately you have to subscribe to the sciencemag site to get the full report.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-9-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Tptb manipulated this virus so it could mutate to affect humans. It was in the plan for population control.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Big Raging Loner.....

Here's a book I read quite some time ago that discusses the idea that HIV bridged to humans via the development of vaccines.

If you are interested in this area, the book may be of interest to you.

The White Death - Julian Cribb

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 18-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Added link

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
what i find interesting is that people with the genes with heredity immune response to the bubonic plague have almost a resistant response to HIV. maybe the come from a long line of monkey molesters

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Cribb's book follows E. Hooper's previous book "The River" in that it takes the mid-1950s polio-vaccine work in central Africa and microscopically dissects it to make the strongest possible case for their (Cribb's and Hooper's) theory that the mid-50s polio trials in which monkey tissues were used to grow polio virus, then Congolese natives injected with serum, for the purpose of developing a polio vaccine, "was the cause of SIDS." I for one an tired of this dark finger-pointing which flies against common sense. -Just look at the main features of early AIDS. The AIDS pandemic started in the 1970s, at least 20 years after the polio vaccine research. -The theory that would make the most sense, chronologically and epidemiologically, would focus instead on events at that time, together with a broader view of what the history of the pre-AIDS virus scenario was in Africa (and Haiti) going back centuries, probably millenia, especially the practice of natives eating "bush meat," or monkey meat. -The most sensible theory would focus on natives eating bushmeat and deveoping an immunity to the virus dating back to before birth (when the mother's antibodies against the monkey virus protected the unborn fatus) to adulthood (by the natives eating monkey meat themselves). -When in the 1970s, homosexuals from New York and San Francisco were frequenting Haiti as vacationers, they would have lacked this immunity to the virus. They would have been set up to contract a serious disease from the virus because they had no immune defense. Later, natives in Haiti and Africa (who in fact were immingrating each way) would then have become subject to developing the serious ("AIDS") form of the virus because the AIDS virus is famous for its ability to mutate (change its form) so that the natives' previous immunity no longer helped. -It's interesting that Haiti was where syphilis probably originated too. Hispaniola (includes Haiti) was Columbus' chief port of call and historians believe Columbus' men brought syphilis back with them. -What makes sense here would be that the Caribe natives in haiti at that time were also eating monkey meat, and that the sailors lacked immunity to the syphilis microbe, so they developed a serious disease (syphilis) by the same mechanism as the homosexuals developed AIDS in the 1970s. (There was a female scientist in Britain who analyzed skeletons from a seaport dating the the 1300s and found "unquestionable" syphilitic lesions in their skullbones. The conclusion she reached was that sailors were contracting syphilis by contact with natives in the New World, even before Columbus, by a mechnism involving non-immunity and natives eating bush meat. She had no part in the "AIDS origin" controversy but reached the same kind of bush meat theory as the antagonists of Hooper and Cribb who subscribe to the far-more sensible theory of AIDS involving immunity/non-immunity and centuries-old bushmeat-eating natives.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelanteski

Michaelanteski.....

That's all fair enough.....

I linked to the book only for interest.....not because I agree with that theory.

It was originally sent to me in error when my local bookshop thought it was a book about the CJD / Kuru "thing" that I was after.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I watched a special one time and scientists discovered that some women in a particular village in Africa have an immunity to HIV. Just some food for thought.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimnal

Well that is not so strange actually.

The bubonic plague has always been said to come from a bacteria that transfered from rats to humans through lice.
This isn't what we still think caused it.

The plague was a virus. This explains the viral like symptoms like hemorrhagic fever much better.

For more information check a thread I've created a while ago. The plague virus topic comes up in the replies.

It's called : New insights into the mystery of natural HIV immunity

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i will always believe HIV and AIDS was a product of
a DOD biological warfare programme developed
to target certain ethnic countries populations as
well as homosexuals.this is only my view however
as proof is hard to prove.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There was a story which surfaced in the '80's, of a Quebec man who went to West Africa and had sex with a Green monkey in 197?, He supposedly spent time in Haiti after that and then went to South California before returning to Canada.
He claimed in a statement given in hospital, to be the originator of AIDS, just like the Spanish alchemist who crafted the Spanish flu.
This was way before Google and I have no method of verifying what I say. It was reported in a Quebec newspaper circa 1986.
Just for the curiosity.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hey folks thanks for the replies!

Sorry didn't get back earlier, it's Saturday so a trip to Ikea seemed like a good idea. Cue much assembly of only marginally required Scandinavian furnishings.

Maybe Maybe not will definitely have a look at the material when I get the chance. I've got it saved on the computer now so I can have a read later.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Have any of you read "Dr. Mary's Monkey"?

It seems that Dr. Mary Sherman was doing some research on the polio vaccine. The vaccine was grown on the liver tissue of monkeys. From there, the vaccine was grown and then distributed for vaccinations across the country. About three years later, it was found that not only was the polio vacine transferred, but also the viruses and even cancer causing viruses. Of course these findings were covered up.

But wait...it gets better...

A few years later she was found dead in her apartment...stabbed several times and her body had been set afire and badly burned. problem was, there was never a fire in her apartment...nor mass amounts of blood.

But wait...it gets better...

She was doing her research at a hospital...a government run research hospital....in New Orleans...in the early 1960's... under the direction of CIA operative...Bryan Ferrie...and who else worked there as an intern? Lee Harvey Oswald.

And what happened to the program? it was "shut down" and all files and research turned over to the DoD and government and labled TOP SECRET.

I hope you enjoy it.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
if i recall correctly the real research started along the lines of MK NAOMI and then spun to what it became ,

and id assume it was brought to u.s soil among other WWII projects from Nazi Germany ,

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
the problem is that humans decided to start doing sex with animals .... so, that may be the problem

lol ... I dont know if humans did that in the past ... so ... I dont know a lot about that side of history, not well documented too

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

... I suppose it is just a case of it had to happen sooner or later. ... It was inevitable for it to cross over as would any virus given the correct circumstances.

Maybe not.

It IS true that diseases are suddenly crossing species barriers like crazy - and kingdom barriers too (like salmonella from animals into plants).

Such cross-overs never used to happen. Biologically impossible.

But. We changed our world, now we have to change too. It's called evolution - now, accelerated evolution.

Granted, it takes a bit of time to work up through the proteins to the genes, from the micro-organisms to the complex ones. But it happens...

Ie., see:

EMATODES AS ENVIRONMENTAL INDICATORS ... relationships among nematodes and accelerated evolution toward crown clades.

Accelerated evolution of resistance in multidrug environments.

Accelerated evolution in bacterial endosymbionts of aphids

Complex Systems: Task Group Summaries Key Questions What are the evolutionary forces driving the rapid evolution of the human brain and what are their consequences for the sources and frequencies of neuropsychiatric disease?

I'd post more links but the phrase "accelerated evolution" seems to have been censored out of all but the most technical and scientific documents. Even wikipedia (just info about a band called "Accelerated Evolution")...

new topics

top topics

join