It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbus Wants to Build Invisible Passenger Planes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Airbus Wants to Build Invisible Passenger Planes

This is your captain speaking, your plane is about to become invisible!

Aircraft manufacturer Airbus has theorized a see-through passenger plane for the future, one with a completely transparent fuselage. In this concept craft, the push of a button by the captain would a send an electrical pulse through a high-tech ceramic skin -- making the main body of the plane see-through.

The extraordinary design would allow travelers to look down on cities and landscapes thousands of feet below or gaze up at the heavens, giving them the sensation of floating unassisted through the sky.

www.foxnews.com...

comments:
OMG, can you believe this?
While this may be a dream for some,
others who are scared of flying
or heights, I see this as a nightmare.
Can you imagine being scared to death
of flying, then the floor underneath you
becomes invisible and you find urself
in all kinds of medical emergency
situations like heart attacks, panic attacks,
etc...

Now my question is, will you be able
to see the pilots taking a nap???
Or people in the restrooms???
lol

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I would probably be one of the first to buy a ride on that plane... don't matter where it lands I'll just get back on and ride home.

I'm sure there are many people who would never fly again if these were the norm

very cool tech though

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Haha...that is insane...I would love to do that, I can only imagine the feeling of doing something like that...but they would obviously have to keep certain areas of the plane from becoming transparent...I would also assume this would be for people who desire to experience this, not all airliners will become like this. I'll actually be surprised if they get it past the initial concept stages and start putting it into commercial use.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Wonder woman's invisible jet is now a reality?

How about the lasso of truth? We could use that one now more than ever and make it law for public servants to wear while at work or campaigning.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
what would be even cooler is for Airbus to make
a pair of glasses like 3-D glasses to wear to see
through the hull. That way those who do not
want to see through the plane do not have to.
The glasses make it optional

But I'm not in on the design work

lol

but a neat idea anyway.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Totally fantastic idea. It's like a bonus ride after you've already paid for the flight. Imagine how it feels coming in to land?

I doubt it'll become reality, but it's a freakin' awesome concept!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Totally fantastic idea. It's like a bonus ride after you've already paid for the flight. Imagine how it feels coming in to land?
I doubt it'll become reality, but it's a freakin' awesome concept!

once upon a time
they said man flying would never be reality
look where that wound up???

With this new concept
EVERY seat is a window seat !!!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

pretty sure even if the airbus was about to be set ablaze like the phoenix etc, the passengers would be well aware of it before hand and have taken these facts into consideration.

It's just be a reason for them to up the price a few thousand dollars for the "Earth Theme Park All In One Ride Of A Lifetime" experience...

I still missed how wonder woman did it. and she was in before wetpants.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Wonder woman's invisible jet is now a reality?

Damn it, even with this new ATS getup Im still last in at the post...

*smurfing grumbles s'n-word'ing cough cough muttley hound noises..*

^^ Oh thats just pathetic.. SN i ggering is NOT a bloody bad word.

FIX your censors... bloody hell...

edit on 18/9/2010 by badw0lf because: Stupid rules and stupid bot censors.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Imagine the fear you will feel when you wake up from a nice sleep to the view of open sky all around you.
Second line to give my opinion more body.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkice19
Imagine the fear you will feel when you wake up from a nice sleep to the view of open sky all around you.

If you're a Christian you'll think the plane crashed.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Isn't this what people have been saying about captured UFO's ? I remember seeing somewhere that from the inside of the discs, you could see everything outside like it was invisible. Wonder where the tech came from? I find this very intriguing.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The extraordinary design would allow travelers to look down on cities and landscapes thousands of feet below or gaze up at the heavens, giving them the sensation of floating unassisted through the sky.

Not sure how that would work with cargo and luggage below, not to mention all the carry on luggage in overhead lockers...

I don't think the view would be that good...

Now invisible walls on the female bathroom I could go for, or female staff change rooms..

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
With this new concept
EVERY seat is a window seat !!!

- Only if the fatties all around you, in this stinking, cramped sardine-can are also made invisible.

Seems strange to be working on this at the same time as working on miniaturising people-space so more sardines can be squished in.

Shouldn't we be giving credit for this idea to Steven King?
Blaine the train could do this.
Come to think of it, Blaine could do a good many other things too. Did the see-thru-button affect his nature?
Will the passengers have to tell the plane riddles to prevent it crashing itself?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I can't believe it, they stole this idea from Star Trek IV where Scotty makes a aquarium out of Transparent Aluminum

Apparently there also testing the same stuff to be used as body armor link

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
"Oh look, there's snakes on that plane. We'll get Pest Control to deal with that"

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

very cool
good stuff
i will be 1 of the 1st to buy a ticket on this plane
as far is it being a nightmare to some
they will just have to take a flight on a plane that dont turn invisible
or put on a blindfold

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
so would this work on military fighters or bombers find a way to make the whole thing invisible,back to the op yeah i would definately fly one of these but i could see how people who fear flying would react let alone small children

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
haha, how do we know they don't already have them, maybe thats what crashed at shanksville?, seriously i don't see the point in having invisible passenger planes, it would make more sense for military planes.

i think they should put their efforts into making invisible money, i have lots of that

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I don't want to bust a bubble on anyones fantasy but wouldn't the passengers luggage have to be rendered invisible to look throught the floor of an airliner? What about the bulkheads, wiring, insulation and interior panels?

I don't see this becoming a reality. It's more real to have CCTV on the interior of the plane to view the outside world than to render construction materials transparent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join