It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's above lake Ontario!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Always been a believer... this signed the deal for me!

Seeing is believing . . . this was incredible stuff!!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

BTW - I don't think it's ET's - I think its ours. So yeah, I'm a believer, but in our own tech. NOT Aliens. We may have got it from them, but I Believe this is ours!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
You know what? I've spent 1 hour 30 minutes reading this thread and surelly I'm spending an extra 15 minutes to put a coherent reply (5:38 AM here, national holydays, hangover... you know the deal)

Okay, first of all, I completely believe you. That's definetly not Jupiter, I saw it yesterday night and it wasn't moving like mad. I've worked with camcorders in the past (pro things, not home cameras, I studyied journalism with a TV especialization (sp?) for 4 years), and my hands shake like mad (really, I needed to pay a friend to record for me when I had Tv exams...) and I never, EVER could make a star/planet/whichever to move with those patterns, maybe car lights, but not stars. Even if you were a hoaxer (thing I doubt) you're a pretty good one.

Second... Look, it's an UFO. KEEP THE CAMERA STILL!... c'mon, if you see an actual UFO there's two possible scenarios: 1- you'll be creeped out, 2- you'll be in a hype. Hyped or creeped, no one of those reactions helps with your hands staying still.

Sad that some people see the finger and not the moon, moreso in a forum with a motto like this one haves.

17 minutes and I know I'm full of typos and incongruences... sorry about that (however, my english is getting better since I joined the forum
! can you imagine how bad was back then?
)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

... good grief ...

TK maybe did see something special. But his video doesn't show that. And I'd make a few comments about the op's initial posts (and some anomalies & contradictions):

I hope there are others up at this time?!!! I'm in Mississauga and there's a flashing "star" - bull crap! I caught this on video and I will post as soon as I can. But for now, will anybody in the area check it out? It's for your own sake! My footage is going to blow people away!! I just have to figure out how to convert it, and upload it to ATS. Once I have, you guys are going to enjoy this!

No mention of movement or overcast sky. Reports location as Mississauga, and the object as over Lake Ontario. Indicates that ATS'ers will enjoy it, presumably referring to the fact that he has decent equipment and technique. Well, the equipment isn't bad, but how can you possibly hold a camera that shakily?? Didn't think to rest it on the railing?

Chadwickus asks what direction he is looking, to which the 'reply' is:

Chad, looks like it's over lake Ontario. Time here is 5:37am. It's big, seems like a scout ship of sort. When I can figure out how to upload here, You'll see... I'm still watching it now!

No 'direction' given, just the vague 'over lake ontario' claim. If it's over Lake Ontario from Mississauga, that's likely SSE to E... Still no mention of movement or overcast sky. Chadwickus points out the importance of keeping the camera stable....

... I'm a night owl ... saw this "freakish" bright star. As an amateur astronomer, it caught my eye.... and I KNEW this isn't normal

So he's a night owl and amateur astronomer, KNEW it wasn't normal, yet didn't refer to Jupiter, Sirius, Rigel or Betelgeuse, all of which would have been brightly shining contenders (if it wasn't overcast)? Surely one would refer to the overcast conditions, before implying that he knew they weren't known stars/planets... Yes, still no mention of movement or overcast..

Yeah I got the building next to me

Well, unless the building appears WITH the object, eg in a wide shot, or there is a smooth pan, it is useless. In this case, he could have easily included the horizon skyline to show the alleged movement. Still no mention of movement or overcast - *surely* he would have mentioned the movement by now...

I see planes coming in all night for Pearson. I'm not that ignorant friend.

This to a quite polite comment about flight paths. Why didn't he mention his knowledge of these before? And why take umbrage at a polite observation?

... I see landing lights ALL the time... I know them. This is different. What freaks me out now is I could see this crap with the naked eye, but the camera didn't pick it all up??

Here he claims the lights are different somehow to landing lights, and his camera didn't pick up 'this crap'? WHAT crap? What was different. how was it different? Still no mention of movement or overcast? And he didn't say any object wasn't recorded, just that it was 'different'. Yet later it became something that wasn't recorded, but showed in the viewfinder...
(not really possible, afaik).

We then hear that he was looking SouthWest, yet Lake Ontario is located SE...

Later he claims he checked astronomy software right from the start and knew exactly where Jupiter was - yet again, none of that was mentioned earlier... In fact he asked:

Just BTW, does anybody know where Jupiter was at about 3am??

Oops.
Finally, I note that no explanation has been given for why he stopped filming when the flashing object was still in view... I'll let the eager reader make their own determination about why that would be...

TK, do you not see why you might get some cool responses, given the way you have presented this?

As for what it was, I don't think i care enough to wade thru all the contradictions to work it out, but ftr I think the last object is simply an aircraft, given the strobing.. Frankly I've wasted enough time here, unless TK can explain the numerous anomalies and contradictions.

BTW, a 40x zoom on a reasonable Sony sensor would normally resolve a couple of Jovian satellites, but sadly Jupiter's moons were not all that well placed at that time. Here's an example on a *lesser* quality camera/lens, but at the same 40x:

(A little camera support makes all the difference. Astronomers know this...) If a good frame or two is available from full-res footage I'd be happy to properly identify where the Moons would be - I ain't wading through the low-res video to try to find them.

BTW, I don't think the OP tried to hoax this. I think he saw something he wasn't familiar with (despite his claims of being an amateur astronomer), did a pretty awful job of filming it (and a passing aircraft), and then when he viewed the resulting video... well, his 'memory' filled in some gaps, as it were. Happens frequently, even to the best of us..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Well logged sometime outside tonight. Smelt a skunk and saw a racoon but that was it!
Oh well maybe a once in a life time experience!
Sky was partly cloudy last night and here comes the first plane of the day.
Nothing to see here this morning

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
At the end of the video you can clearly see that it has a flashing light, so it's obviously a plane.

For Gods sake are you people so desperate that you'll try and make out that a plane is a UFO.

No wonder people laugh at us and think we're nutjobs.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
TortoiseKweek, could you possibly take a picture or short video during the day time, covering the same area of sky that you saw the objects. Include a slow pan out that shows local buildings. Then post it here.

This may help to clarify the view you had relative to the lake, for those who question the SW orientation.

On another note, watch those chocolate covered coffee beans. They are potent taken in excess. Been there. Could save you some future ATS points.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ringht_n_wrong
These people want to be convinced, and nothing short of it will do for them. I believe if someone had the opportunity to video the interview of a alien inside its space ship, people would still not believe it and still would not be convinced.
ringht_n_wrong

As the saying goes: For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

It's sorta frustrating yet funny to read these posts. Here we have the OP "knowing" what he saw and expresses his experience in a concise manner and even filmed the damn thing plus you can hear the annoyance in his voice while trying to keep this object focused and within his view-finder.

Then we have the skeptical-suspicious-non-spectators (to this event), chiming in from left field concluding via their computers: "It LOOKS like all you saw was a planet (Jupiter) whilst your hand was shaking so, therefore that's all this was"

The deducing principles and concluding formulas on this thread are amazing

I just hope none of you naysayers are called to be my jury-peers, should I get accused on a circumstantial situation to which, I am innocent of.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamCorrect

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by MR BOB

Mr BOB, I'm not throwing a tantrum. I'm just tired of people telling me it's Jupiter - WHEN I KNOW IT IS NOT! I'm not that dumb. As I said, why would I film Jupiter at 3 am, and post here.... to make myself look like an idiot of sorts??

Well, since you asked: presumably because you didn't know it was Jupiter.

I mean, try to see things from our point of view. You post a video with a bright object that looks like Jupiter in its recent splendor in the sky, and it makes us think it likely is even before we know where it's at in the sky. Then you tell us what direction your camera was pointed, and at what time you took the footage. And then sure enough, when we look up the sky map for your locale at that time we find that Jupiter is located in the same direction 'and' elevation where you had your camera pointed.

Moreover, at the point when you say it was moving, you must have been looking through your camera or its view screen, meaning that your view was no better than what we see on the video you posted, because you weren't looking directly up the sky with the naked eye.

In addition, you say that the object moved while you were filming after 5:10, and when we look we see that the camera moved (as it had been throughout the video), and that the object when leaving the screen makes a zigzag motion.

Case closed -- for me, anyway.

We here at ATS thank you for playing with us today and please be sure to pick up your lovely parting gifts!

Hmmmmmm OP? Did you realize UFOs (alien or ours) aren't allow to co-exist in the sky while other planets and stars are out?
I must've missed that in the handbook they passed out.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Sorry man but this video has zero effect on my "Wow-o-meter" and was a waste of 10 minutes : /

Tips for the future, if you do not want to be flamed here, try these few things.
1. Get a tripod, because at 5:11 it looks like your hand just moved, not the object moving
2. Invest in a high def recorder, not a crappy 50 dollar camera, the video was poor quality
3. Instead of starting a thread saying guys i got this video its so super awesome but i cant put it up, try actually finding out how to post it before you start the thread, gives viewers more credibility to your claims, and does not irritate people

Btw im not a debunker, I don't believe, I know that they are out there. Don't take my reply as an insult, but more of a humble opinion on how you could make people believe you. That could of very well been a ufo as you claim, but you present zero credible evidence, so im sorry but you fall under the typical 95% of ufo claims, and not the "spooky 5%"

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Planets and stars would not show up that brightly. In fact, with average equipment, I can't even get the brightest to show UP on a video. So yes, this is something unusual.

Jupiter does.
People film Jupiter all the time on camcorders. Venus shows up, too (although Venus had set by this time).

So, no -- it is not unusual to be able to see Jupiter brightly on a camcorder

Here is Jupiter through a camcoder (I think this guy had a tripod):
www.youtube.com...

Here is Jupiter with three of its moons visible through a camcorder:
www.youtube.com...

Here's Mars (which is dimmer that Jupiter) next to the Moon:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 9/19/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Plus, don't forget about the 2nd object. He didn't mention that there even was a 2nd object until the 3rd page of the thread. This 2nd object was supposedly larger than the bright star-like object, and looked like the "ball that drops on new Years Eve". He described it as being a scout ship...but he didn't feel it was worth mentioning until page 3 (and only after someone suggested the the 1st object was only a star viewed through a shaky camera.)

...and, unfortunately, the 2nd object did not show up on the video.

as ATS member Wonder77 said back on page 13:

Originally posted by Wonderer77
The thing which remains most curious to me in all this is the fact that the second object, the one which 'blew you away,' and did 'not show up on the video,' was not even mentioned until the third page, over 2 hours after the original post, nearly 1/2 hour after being uploaded to YT, and following the earliest suggestions that what did show up may well have been a particularly bright planet or star.

I have the same issues with the OP's story.

edit on 9/19/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: speellling

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

Always been a believer... this signed the deal for me!

Seeing is believing . . . this was incredible stuff!!

I think you saw something amazing.
Thanks for taking the time to videotape it, and thinking about ATS when you did.

I personally don't think you saw a planet, apparently you've seen Jupiter before using your own astronomical equipment according to your statements, so I have no doubt that you would likely know the difference.

I think a lot of people are inclined to claim foul, or attack this because they reject any possible proof of what could be "alien" life.

Who says it's alien, though?

This could be some secret tech we're testing and not related to anything remotely extra-terrestrial.

Keep in mind though, it is awesome to be reasonably skeptical and there are some great skeptics here at ATS that have nothing but the best intentions when looking at alleged proof of the unknown.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax
I'm no video camera expert but I would have have thought if this object was Jupiter then the camera would have have picked up other stars or planets as well, at least one or two. However, after viewing this video it seems that doesn't have to be the case, I guess because of the brightness.

In all fairness this looks similar to the OP's video. However, I don't think it's enough just to say that Jupiter was in that direction. One would need the exact position of the camera to make a determination and it seems as though the OP already ruled out that possibility with his own star software.

He said early on that his camera was pointed to the southwest. We checked the sky maps for his location at the time. Jupiter was in the southwest. Then we checked the elevation per the video and sky map. The elevation matched what's on the map. It also looks just like Jupiter is appearing now in the sky. It's Jupiter.

He said the object moved off the screen after 5:10. It didn't. The camera moved. You can see the zigzag motion the object made leaving the screen. There was also nothing special about this moment. The object was dancing all around the screen throughout the whole video because of his shaky hands. His own assertion that the object moved at this point has no more weight than the video, because since he was filming it, it means he was looking through his camera or its corresponding viewscreen, and not looking up to the sky with the naked eye. As a matter of fact, the quality of the playback view is usually better.

He says he later checked the celestial chart himself (after we did) and that Jupiter would have been to the left of that or some such thing. I don't believe it.

And yes, Jupiter does look out of place in the sky right now. It's at a 50 year high according to one article, and its brightness is being boosted further by an unusual belt pattern in Jupiter's atmosphere. And it's catching the eyes of millions of people who don't usually look up at the sky much. As a matter of fact, its brightness is sometimes allowing it to shine through thin cloud cover where no other celestial nighttime object except the moon is, and it's also visible in many urban type areas where people usually can't see much for stars due to ground lighting. That's why it's catching so many people's attention.

edit on 19-9-2010 by IamCorrect because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2010 by IamCorrect because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
Sorry man but this video has zero effect on my "Wow-o-meter" and was a waste of 10 minutes : /

Tips for the future, if you do not want to be flamed here, try these few things.
1. Get a tripod, because at 5:11 it looks like your hand just moved, not the object moving
2. Invest in a high def recorder, not a crappy 50 dollar camera, the video was poor quality
3. Instead of starting a thread saying guys i got this video its so super awesome but i cant put it up, try actually finding out how to post it before you start the thread, gives viewers more credibility to your claims, and does not irritate people

Btw im not a debunker, I don't believe, I know that they are out there. Don't take my reply as an insult, but more of a humble opinion on how you could make people believe you. That could of very well been a ufo as you claim, but you present zero credible evidence, so im sorry but you fall under the typical 95% of ufo claims, and not the "spooky 5%"

Would you people please stop telling others how and when to do things !

First off, having a tripod is ideal however, they're not always available, handy or even purchased.
Second off, the OP posted this thread asking if anyone (who was awake in this area) was seeing what he was seeing. It wasn't a teaser-thread.

It's so easy to find fault. Any idiot can do it.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If you are the only one to see it, and wont upload proof, well its not looking good in your favor, or for your sanity, although flashing lights have been reported there is a logical reasoning for it, even if its not a plane, could be many things, just because you see a light in the sky does not mean they are "aliens" as you put them or a scout ship.

Would you go to an ant hill and waste your time watching them? no you would step on a few and continue your day, we are all primitive to get anyone attenion

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think this demonstrates how hard it is to video record a UFO like this.

If the guy says he knows about Jupiter, and its position in the sky, why not believe him.

Lots and lots of people have similar tales, seems to be that there is something to this.

Now lots and lots of people have video cameras and we are seeing more and more videos of these lights.

There are scientific observations and evaluations of this phenomenon.

Those who claim people aren't seeing anything are the ones living in the state of denial.

Thanks TortoiseKweek for taking the time to record the video and post it here.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I've done that for you now, waiting for the disc to finalize, then Rip the DVD to avi so I can post

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Hello from Hamilton!

Hey TK, I wanted to say that I do believe you! The thing about the video is that you can't
seem to see how the object was moving because of the shaking. There is no way to pinpoint
how the object was moving.

I can't seem to judge what the object is because of the bad quality.

Can you describe how the object was moving? Because judging by the way it was moving there is
a chance that it could have been one of our aircraft; airplane, helicopter, etc.

Although I do agree that the lights do look kind of different. You would notice flashing from our aircraft. But could it be at an angle where the flashing was blocked?

Trying to judge by the video, it seems like it was moving too steady to be an extraterrestrial object.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

My pleasure - as said before I don't intend to try fool my ATS community! I respect people here, and I thought I'd share. Which I did

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join