It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's above lake Ontario!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Mr BOB, I'm not throwing a tantrum. I'm just tired of people telling me it's Jupiter - WHEN I KNOW IT IS NOT! I'm not that dumb. As I said, why would I film Jupiter at 3 am, and post here.... to make myself look like an idiot of sorts?? BTW - the guy fro Guelph now corroborates my experience - and military activity!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hi OP. Not sure if you saw my last question?
Can you see the 2nd object on the original footage?
Maybe a fullscreen capture of where it was in the image can be manipulated?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

I'll have a look later, but to the best of my recollection, it wasn't there. If It Is.... somehow...., I'll be jumping through the roof. It's overcast now, hope it clears.... my eyes will be looking out tonight / tomorrow morning

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by MR BOB

Mr BOB, I'm not throwing a tantrum. I'm just tired of people telling me it's Jupiter - WHEN I KNOW IT IS NOT! I'm not that dumb. As I said, why would I film Jupiter at 3 am, and post here.... to make myself look like an idiot of sorts??

Well, since you asked: presumably because you didn't know it was Jupiter.

I mean, try to see things from our point of view. You post a video with a bright object that looks like Jupiter in its recent splendor in the sky, and it makes us think it likely is even before we know where it's at in the sky. Then you tell us what direction your camera was pointed, and at what time you took the footage. And then sure enough, when we look up the sky map for your locale at that time we find that Jupiter is located in the same direction 'and' elevation where you had your camera pointed.

Moreover, at the point when you say it was moving, you must have been looking through your camera or its view screen, meaning that your view was no better than what we see on the video you posted, because you weren't looking directly up the sky with the naked eye.

In addition, you say that the object moved while you were filming after 5:10, and when we look we see that the camera moved (as it had been throughout the video), and that the object when leaving the screen makes a zigzag motion.

Case closed -- for me, anyway.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IamCorrect

I'm not here to convince anyone - you too. I merely shared my experience. Now if you want to believe it's Jupiter, then so be it. I happen to have Starry Night Backyard, and I checked it out. Jupiter is way to the left. Yip I played ignorant - NEVER told you I had the software. So there you go, you've seen my cards? What you got?? Case CLOSED on you!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Mmmpfff, You've been on ATS since 6 Nov 2009, 68 Points, ZERO FLAGS, and 26 posts???? My My, I am truly sorry....., you ARE INDEED "Iamcorrect". Apologies for MY ignorance!

And do you know why I use that moniker? It's because I estimate that at least 3 out of 5 people on message boards never admit to being wrong about anything due to pride and lack of humility.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I have no opinion what it was. All the video shows is a dot of light on a low quality video.

From you words I believe that you believe what you are saying.

The above image is the frames around 5:09 where you say the light moved. I combined them to show the path. the arrow I added shows the lens motion based on the motion blur exhibited in the frames.

This may not please you, but I assure you that I'm not attacking you in any way. From what I have to work with, and after viewing the video many times, the camera moved, not the object.

It is entirely possible you were unaware as the the motion would have been almost imperceptible and if you were excited about it, I can see how you might think otherwise. The motion I see combined with my work above shows classic signs of the cameras movement as opposed to the object moving.

If it disappeared before you looked towards it again and I'm guessing you likely searched around for a bit before you realized it was gone and did so looking through the viewfinder; it could simply mean the morning haze made it so you could not see it any longer.

Are you basing the idea that the object moved on the video, because I doubt you could tell by what you saw through a viewfinder, the amount of motion would be so small.

What the composite show is a single quick motion of the lens or a small jerk for lack of a better word.

edit on 9/18/2010 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

And you think I am one of them?

I'm NO hoaxer friend. I know what I saw, and I shared it. You believe I filmed Jupiter, and made up some elaborate BS? Why would I do that? I don't want attention, I'm not a teen! I'm a respected member here on ATS, I would NEVER destroy that respect! Trust me, I don't post ANYTHING unless I think it's worthwhile! This was an event worthy of posting! You have your doubts, fine that's your opinion and right, I know what I saw!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

It's almost 1 Gig of video quality. I said previously I compressed to an .avi file! Where should I send that to - your e-mail!

For God's sake I'm tired of defending myself here, I'm just getting flak. Enough is enough. Believe what you want......

edit on 18-9-2010 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

And you think I am one of them?

I'm NO hoaxer friend. I know what I saw, and I shared it. You believe I filmed Jupiter, and made up some elaborate BS?

No, I don't think you were originally trying to put on a hoax when you started this thread. I think you filmed Jupiter, impressed by its unusual size and luminosity (which is at a 10 year high), and mistakingly thought it was something it was not.

edit on 18-9-2010 by IamCorrect because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

This is what I'm saying too -- and many others that the OP claim is "attacking" him.

All we are saying is that:
1.) The star-like object that you videotaped looks just like a star.
2.) The motion you perceived through the viewfinder was probably just the motion of the camera. NOT the object itself.
3.) The other object did not show up on the videotape -- and you haven't really given us any details about this unseen object (size, movement, shape) therefore there really is nothing about it to talk about.

You said this other object that did not show up on the video was large, plus you described it as being a "scout-ship". Other than that, we have nothing else to go by. Again, If it elicited the idea in your mind that it was a "scout-ship", I assume you could give us the details as to why you would call it that.

Was it larger than the moon appears in the sky, or smaller? Did it have lights? Did it move? Did it have a describable shape? Since it didn't show up on that video (therefore none of us have seen it), you are going to have to kelp us out here.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I just want to clear the air here. I HAVE NEVER,and will NEVER try to hoax the ATS community! What I saw / reported was real. I HAVE NO reason to lie to you all! I respect ALL my ATS members! Foes included

What I saw was real, If you believe or not. It's your call. Let's not turn this into a witch hunt. I'm not the enemy here, I'm your friend on ATS....sharing.... like we all should do. We may be scrutinized, but WE RESPECT the posts, and show it with dignity!

I know what I saw....I captured it on video.... I shared. That's all that matters to me. I don't need your understanding, respect, etc

(The guy from Guelph - Kudos to you buddy!)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

How can anyone discuss this if you think we are out to get you? I assure you, I'm not. I'm simply showing what the combined frames reveal. First you see the distinct white dot at the bottom left, then a gap, then a smooth motion line with a gap in the middle where it looks like you attempted to correct, then more smooth motion and a gap, returning to a distinct white dot just as it leaves the top of the frame. You would not have even realized the motion while looking through the viewfinder or at an LCD screen.

A better quality video would not change that. The only thing that would have really helped is a to have your camera mounted to a stable tripod on top of a good head for fluid movements and stability. Nobody can hold a camera steady enough by hand unless you have really good image stabilization.

I believe you are being honest and I don't know how to convince of that, but the frames show what they show.

YouTube can handle HD footage if you want. If the original shows more detail you might want to re-post it there in a higher quality, but unless it shows more detail it won't change anything. I'm pretty sure if you upload to ATS, it is compressed with lossy compression anyway, so that won't help. 720i on YouTube is pretty good though.

Anyway, good luck and I hope it makes a reappearance for you. I don't click on these threads for any other reason than a hope to find proof. I also don't bother to do any work on footage or images to cause any problems but instead to be helpful if I can.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Once again, someone didn't read my posts! I said it looked like that ball from NY New years eve! Did you read that?? I also said i would try draw it, but my skills there suck! Yeah.... you didn't read did you??? Just jump in hey?? Reading helps!!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

What that pattern shows is a quick movement of the camera, jerk if you will, an attempt to compensate so small it would have been unconscious, a continued motion and then success at stopping the camera's motion just as it left the frame. Nothing else a person could say about it really.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Blaine, I like you, and I'm not out to get anyone. I do enjoy your posts and analysis, but what I saw was real.

I wish the camera picked it all up! It didn't. If It had, it'd be a diff story!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Once again, someone didn't read my posts! I said it looked like that ball from NY New years eve! Did you read that?? I also said i would try draw it, but my skills there suck! Yeah.... you didn't read did you??? Just jump in hey?? Reading helps!!

That would be a good idea. Your description is more important than the footage. Your eyes are far better than your camera would be.

I just looked yesterday at new camcorders and one that even comes close to my old Sony with High8 and 20x optical zoom is very pricey. I keep using it because even after converting to digital, it still has better video's than anything I see on YouTube. I can zoom in on an airplane coming into the Anchorage airport from miles away at night and still make out a distinct aircraft.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Keep filming and looking. One day, somebody will get the smoking gun. I understand fully.

I've never even posted here why I'm such an avid fan of UFO's myself, because without proof it's hard and I know that. I guess one day I should. The story might be interesting to some.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I Hope these damn things re-appear tonight. I've bought a load of chocolate covered coffee beans to keep me up!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join