It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religions are based on assumption that soul/spirit lives forever...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

I believe it is the advanced brain the allows for continued existance. We don't simply have conciousness, but awareness. To compare a human to cow is like comparing the first television to your plasma/LCD flatscreen. Are they essentially the same? Yes. But your flatscreen has HD capability (and possibly 3D capability). The first television didn't even have color. It is the power of the human mind that generates the potential for the human spirit. A cow cannot be a spiritual being, because it does not think of spirituality, or theology, or physics, or math...need I go on? Without understanding such things, a higher level of conciousness cannot be achieved. So, to answer your question, I do not believe that human beings come with a soul/spirit intact. Rather, it is our life and our thirst for knowledge and understanding that create the human soul.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guido the Killer Pimp

I believe it is the advanced brain the allows for continued existance. We don't simply have conciousness, but awareness. To compare a human to cow is like comparing the first television to your plasma/LCD flatscreen. Are they essentially the same? Yes. But your flatscreen has HD capability (and possibly 3D capability). The first television didn't even have color. It is the power of the human mind that generates the potential for the human spirit. A cow cannot be a spiritual being, because it does not think of spirituality, or theology, or physics, or math...need I go on? Without understanding such things, a higher level of conciousness cannot be achieved. So, to answer your question, I do not believe that human beings come with a soul/spirit intact. Rather, it is our life and our thirst for knowledge and understanding that create the human soul.

whether it is the first television or a more advanced 3dHD television, will either continue to work if you pull the plug?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Ask the NDEs who were clinically dead and returned to this realm.

They all are unanimous that there is life after death.

What better witnesses than the people who have left this realm??

new topics

<< 1   >>

join