It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day world war ]|[ started

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I remember my grandma told me once, about the start of world war ][. She lived in a small village with no electricity and no radio and one morning little boy was running along the streets and screaming "War! We're at war!"

What will you tell your grandkids about the start of world war 3?
Ohh wait you wont have a chance to have grandkids. Sorry bad joke.

On a more serious note. If nothing happens by tomorrow, i'm becoming a full time sceptic.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Get ready to become a skeptic.

Well... really Tyler, I doubt you're capable of being a skeptic. Though it certainly would be fun to watch you try.

Seriously...

Future historians will be hard pressed to define a moment that can be used as the "beginning" of WW3. I believe we're already in a slow ramp-up of the war that will be called WW3, and it will be fought over decades. This war has, and will have shifting alliances, battlefields, conflicts, and difficult-to-define goals. The UN will fail and fade away, and the end of the war will be marked by the emergence of a new global unification organization as yet unrealized.

However, I feel that the overall effects of the global war will be felt by the populace in spurts of awareness. Currently, we're approaching the peak of one of these cycles. But the importance, and strength of the global consumer economy will buoy the world through the harshest times. This empowerment of the individual through digital technologies and overall economic strength is a phenomenon not witness before. Economic strength is become privatized, and indeed, terrorism is the privatization of war.

I think the "war" has been ramping for about 8 years, and will continue to simmer for at least another 20 years.

[Edited on 16-3-2003 by William]

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
William,I agree with everything you've written above.In one hundred years historians will look back and say that we were already at war at this time.It just appears as though we are not because the public perceive long periods of time between spells of conventional warfare.I think we can expect an acceleration of violence until eventually it will become continuous.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Could anyone tell me that???? If one looks at the drug trade or the political movements, or even the religous wave, one will see that war is constant and even natural. War is full of sybolism. So war can be fought over the simpile symbols that make up war. Like succesion, power, proliferation(censorship), hate(knows no limits), and even fear. All these things are things you struggle with in work, at school, with friends, and at home. You See??????

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
as long as there are humans there will be battles. no two people, no matter how close, will ever be able to get along for a lifetime. never will man be able to live and let live. someone will always want power, then out of those there will be those willing to get it. out of these people, some use their powe for good, but most turn corrupt with their humanity. there is no way out of war. accept it and you will be slightly ahead of the rest when it comes.

as for world war three, everything around you is at war so could be considered that. but it is not in a declared state of blasting bombs up the other guys arse. iraq is nothing but a fuse to the explosion that awaits in the far east. north korea and china... i don't know, they will either ally and fight, or be independant but either way they will be enemy. i don't know who our enemies will be, but i know who they are now. i don't know what i'll do when the fight comes home, but i know what i'm doing to prepare. the only thing is to not expect but be ready.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I should have made this post today. I will give it another 24 hours and will see what happens.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
i m wondering
do the URIELS MACHINE start to counting it chaos
in armaggedon and in europe

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
im a bit uneasy on some of the replys in this topic, some of you guys make it out that this is it, this is world war III, what is the definition of a World War...? Maybe theres something i dont know, what country will want to support Iraq?

China, Japan, if im not mistaken they are against north korea, who will back them up. To me i see two rogue states of somewhat power ( more for nth Korea , well what we know anyway) and to me the world will not stand for this.

If aussies are called up, there is one person right here who will fight for freedom and for their mates.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well let�s say better
"They have decide to make public that there will be a world wide massacre, for fight against the terrorists in the world"

I mean, all the time humand kind was involucred in wars, but these time the concept of what "the good"
is fighting for , is abstract, meaning that if USA attacks
countries because they have terrorist, they should have started Yers ago... in some of the european and asian countries, if they fight for freedom why their country is one of the most aggresive ones against the free speech.... Well freedom is an abstract concept, used for
manipulate ppl�s mind... Freedom has no definition, because freedom defined is freedom denied...
And everyone has a different concept for himself for the word or concept FREEDOM.
I�ll tell u that i understand as a World War III , the final part of a long long long long time planing it, all the suposed "history" that we get in schools shows that wars are never justified, is the same now, is justified when u see it in their interest, because at the end of the war, we are not gonna get a better life....
And the sistem will need to change due to all the Chaos that a World War means....
Think..... if they fight for our rights, our freedom and our rights like they say, WHY WE LIVE WORST EVERYDAY?
Why everything is just getting out of control, because
before a total control, will become firts a total Chaos....

top topics

join