It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher on Sarah Palin and "Tea Partiers"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Would you please stop saying intelligent things.

You my friend you are correct about where we need to look and how we need to stop the BS bickering. I see it on many threads and it seems if its not a right/left thing its a Christian/Islam thing. I don't see much about what TPTB are up to anymore.

However i think it may be a little more sinister then just ATSers bickering i believe there are people who get paid to start allot of this "pick a side black/white" nonsense and we must keep a close eye on what is going on.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

You just retreated to general arguments and addressed perhaps one minute thing that he said. I don't think Sarah Palin would make a good president. You over look the fact that she abandoned her state, and those people that BELIEVED in her. How could I ever elect anyone to office that took money over their duty that they swore to do?
Even my father who loved her as a politician lost respect for her..

I don't entirely agree with Bill Maher. He's not my type of person. He might be intelligent, but he lets his atheism get the better of him.. and I like atheist extremists no more than I like christian, islamic, or judaic extremists.

But can we really deny that there is a level of racism among the birther movement? As much as they claim "It's for the constitution" when at any other time has the presidents eligibility been addressed in such a manner? Am I suppose to believe it's a coincidence that it comes out with the first black president? I don't believe in coincidence.. and I think there is a racism against him.. Don't get me wrong. I don't believe it's a skin head racism.. I think it's one of those primal fears of someone who is different than what most are conditioned to accepting.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Bill Maher nailed it.
He actually nailed it, and you cannot even argue against it.

I sometimes wonder if Sarah Palin supporters, and some tea-partiers, really want to have an actual candidate, or just someone that tells them exactly what they want to hear. Even if it is complete rubbish about Kenya Birth Certificates, Sharia Law, Antichrists and secret Muslims.

As far as Palin goes, I personally think it is all an act.

Not the fact that she isn't the brightest bulb in the box, that much is true, but I don't think she believes or practices half the stuff that comes out of her mouth.

This "mama grizzles, prayer warriors, guns guns guns" crap is just so shameless, because I know the lady is just selling a game to get elected.

Her daughter, soon to be on Dancing With The Stars (?!) due simply to her amazing accomplishment of being the pregnant unwed daughter of a politician, is also learning the game very well.

- Lee

EXACTLY!! Its all distraction from the fact they intentionally lost the last election, and may very welll intentionally lose the next one (not to mention possibly splitting the vote in november which may leave the Dems in control).

They just want to rile up the most 'base' elements of their base for their long-term game plan, and it is that long-term plan that frightens me, because they sound like they are trying to foment civil war.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Oh goody, more Tea Party Bashing by the Resident Elite's

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

For what it is worth, I love the Tea Party and I sincerely want to thank them for supporting Cuomo in NY. He may not be my ideal candidate but he is a far throw better than the Republican opposition and without the Tea Party support behind him, it may have been a closer race. I am not as close to other races but it appears that the Tea Party is supporting Democrats in many states. All this time I thought they were just Republicans with a new mask but maybe I was wrong. I will take the elite compliment though. Elitist may have hurt.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by Misoir

As for Ron Paul, he spreads the truth...something that Many Americans can't handle...and refuse to deal with. But he has my vote, that's for sure.

What you may not realize is the Tea Party was started by the Ron Paul folks and
got hijacked by the republican establishment.

The big money republicans thought they could steer the ship, but mutiny was under way
and their Delaware RINO got dumped for far right candidate.

This already happened to other RINOs and some Democrat strongholds too.

The loss of the Kennedy seat stunned those ppl.

O'Donnell's religious views are a smoke and mirrors attack as prayer has been banned from
school and the Supreme court is stocked with plenty of liberal judges to prevent any Christian
laws lording it over the land.

I still want all the religious blue laws sent packing thou.

The same ppl that backed Obummer, backed Shrub and Cheney via the CFR.

They got video footage of it.

These Tea party ppl may have some odd views, but I think you will find some on the
left are a bit outside the mainstream as well.

Not that the mainstream should be telling everyone what to do either.

Freedom and Liberty for all, and government is not the solution it is one of the problems.

The money men will step in to buy up the latest round of political puppets as they
have been doing for decades, and when a large enough group of ppl realize this
then the house of cards of both parties is coming down.

A few politicians are not bought off, but most are and it will become more obvious in the
next few years if ppl pay close attention to the truth instead of sports, religion, and
entertainment.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

O'Donnell's religious views are a smoke and mirrors attack as prayer has been banned from
school and the Supreme court is stocked with plenty of liberal judges to prevent any Christian
laws lording it over the land.

"Plenty". Lol. Scalia, Roberts, Kennedy, Thomas and Alito are all very conservative leaning judges. This notion that 'liberals' are the "Establishment" and conservatives the outsiders is not supported by anything anyone educated would call 'facts'.

Freedom and Liberty for all, and government is not the solution it is one of the problems.

Government is only seen as a 'problem' by the corporations who are frightened by Democracy. Anyone politician who claims to be 'against' government is not only lying, but amazingly stupid in their ability to contradict themselves with their terminology.

"Freedom And Liberty" are empty catch phrases that mean nothing? Freedom for Corporations ot be citizens? Liberty for the Military?

The Tea Party ALL hold very social conservative agendas. every single one running does. Social conservatism is an aberration of/on the Constitution.

edit on 18-9-2010 by justadood because: fixed quotes

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
reply to post by Target Earth

I am not as close to other races but it appears that the Tea Party is supporting Democrats in many states.

Really? Where?

All this time I thought they were just Republicans with a new mask but maybe I was wrong. I will take the elite compliment though. Elitist may have hurt.

No, they are all Republicans.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Did you really just claim Palin would make an excellent president?

The woman was a horrid governor and a disgrace to the Republican Party...like another member mentioned, the Tea Party of today was actually created with good intentions until it was taken over by Palin, Beck and their moronic fans.

Sorry, but everything Maher pointed out in the video was actually True and pretty Accurate.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I hope the Republicans lose the next one but if they do take over, then fine. So be it. Like I said before, I'm not going to protest it and cry about it like a bitter Tea Partier.

It's their job to scream and carry on like 5 yr olds not getting what they want at the mall.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I'm not the biggest Obama fan either, hell, I didn't even vote for him and I won't in the next election. However, it's quite amazing how much Faux News really provokes it's viewers to look at progressives/liberals as "evil doers" are "communists."

In all seriousness, we Shouldn't be divided. But, the Republicans refuse to cooperate with Democrats. Talk about stubborn.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

You were pretty much wrong with everything you stated in your post. But, you have your opinions on certain matters and that's fine.

Good luck in life, I think you need it bud.

Ps.
Open your mind and eyes sometime, it helps living in this country.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
Health care for all versus for the few

85% of this country has health care insurance. Those that don't still get treated at hospitals and don't have to pay for it. All this mucking around with health care is over 15% of he population. So it is NOT 'health care for the few'. Not even close.

CNN Health Care Stats

Concentrating on eliminating poverty and helping the middle class versus tax cuts for the rich

The American

The wage earners who make the top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the taxes. Meanwhile, the bottom 50 percent ow earn 13 percent of the income but pay just 3 percent of the taxes.

40% of his country doesn't pay any taxes at all.

Woman’s right to choose versus anti-abortion laws

Roe v Wade is the law of the land and can't be turned back by people getting together to pray.
Are we a bit prayer-phobic???

A sane foreign policy versus war mongering

A sane foreign policy that includes an unending 'apologize for America' tour?

A just labor and education policy versus abusive privatization of all aspects of society

Just labor? You mean making it legal for illegals to take the jobs that unemployed Americans could have? Education policy? You mean make it so that illegals can flood the schools in the S.W.?? Take away the chance to go to a better school through a school voucher program??

Laws that limit abuse such as occurred in the housing and financial crises versus let them do what they please

You mean the laws and policies pushed by Chris Dodd (D) and Barney Frank (D) that got us into this mess? You mean lawsuits filed by Barack Obama (D) who sued CityBank and forced it to give out bad loans to people for houses when they knew that these people couldn't pay the loans?

The democratic agenda is half sanity the republican agenda is mostly ignorance and insanity. Its just that simple.

Um .... doesn't look like that's the case at all.

edit on 9/18/2010 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

My thoughts exactly.

Tea partiers are folks who'd feel more comfortable reading about the adventures of Goofus and Gallant than the actual U.S constitution.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Virtually everything he said was a lie. Sarah Palin would make an excellent president. The woman single handedly took on the oil companies and entrenched corruption in Alaska and won. Liberals should be applauding her, yet all they can do is foam at the mouth and call people names.

quoted for posterity.

I wish there was a "cluelessly misinformed" button to push for posts like this.

What oil companies did simple sarah 'take on'? And in what way did she 'take them on'?

as far as the foaming at the mouth and calling people names, look at the posts above yours.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

And I guess that would explain why the GOP leaders were so glad with the election results in Delaware and elsewhere??????????

Please, Please can people keep the arm chair quarterbacking only to the side you support?? It's hard to take a Democratic Strategist or Pollster's view of the "what the Tea Party is all about". Not like they have any agenda to support.

You would think if they didn't consider The Tea Party a "threat" that they would be doing all in their power to talk them up to weaken the GOP. Instead, the Democratic leaning MSM seems to have it out for Rand Paul and now O'Donnell. Why?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by LarryLove

I dont listen to anyone that calls out a whole group of people for being something that they are not all while carelessly throwing around the race card without any merit. All his credibility went right out the window once he started doing that.

Yes it is just pure smear and very desperate....very very desperate. Maybe they are calling in Bills chit. After all the years of letting him shoot at the establishment.....the price of being a star.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

You would think if they didn't consider The Tea Party a "threat" that they would be doing all in their power to talk them up to weaken the GOP. Instead, the Democratic leaning MSM seems to have it out for Rand Paul and now O'Donnell. Why?

A powerfull group like this, what they stand for.....with no party loyalty! Scary for them.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by Common Good

And you have just proved Maher's point. You don't want to listen to or question anything unless it fits a belief set molded in religious rhetoric. There was no hate from Maher, just valid questions about people who are pretending to be something they aren't.

Come on man! Maher made no points. Just showed his real usefullness to the mechine. Hes a sell out.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by Common Good

Are you or are you not a Tea Partier or sympathetic to the Tea Party in any way? Just answer that question.

Wow is that you Joseph Raymond McCarthy?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join