It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher on Sarah Palin and "Tea Partiers"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
So can someone tell me how I can criticize Obama without being called a racist? Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
What really gets me is Palin for example; she personifies the lowest common denominator and she communicates in an exclusive manor.

I'm a great fan of exclusive manors, got any pictures of this one?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

So bud, why the hell are "conservatives" relaunching the Islamophia???

TP and FOX, Tell us why?

See you let your economic side sway you WAY too much, your are Liber tarian
well its not the liber anythings that are trying inflame religious tensions.
You cast way too much of the wrong $hiz on the wrong doorstep Foam -
Not all the time, but your sure seem to like your tarian

Trying to regulate the economy in some attempt of good intent is one thing, sitting back all slack
or intentionally writing the loop holes is another... Not the same, the FED is still here,,, the categorical hate
lets you accept the worst of the two because there is an outward expressed desire to create your ultimate vision. When deregulation serves as the avenue to do so much worse do you distinguish???

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

What really gets me is Palin for example; she personifies the lowest common denominator and she communicates in an exclusive manor.

I'm a great fan of exclusive manors, got any pictures of this one?

Why yes!!!

I am tempted to say I left my photos in the middle of the freeway

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Oh my, how easily we are divided. With out question sides are already formed.

All from a few seconds of a sound byte... meh.

As for Maher dropping the N Bomb, I don't see the big deal its prevalent in popular culture, and you know he is right, there are a lot of people who dislike, no Hate is a better word, Obama solely for the fact he is not white.

It's okay, it was probably the way you were raised, I get it, no biggie to me.

Divide and Conquer, it works so well.

I know you're right and I am wrong, right?

I'd myself am not a fan of Obama, nor those who warp religion with an agenda...

Going to be another lolerific time for America...

edit on 18-9-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Originally posted by debunky
“‘all authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:18-20; cf. Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47)

It is a little between the lines, but it is there. Need more?

Are you serious? The command to go make disciples is warfare to you? I suppose it is in the spiritual realm, but those tactics sure are scary, you know, love your enemies and love your neighbor like yourself. I suppose if I baked a lot of chocolate cookies and gave them to my neighbors they might die of a heart attack after many years......

Matthew again:
10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

The old testament is of course funnier, but the new one has its goodies as well.

How about this one? Acts 3?
3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

edit on 18-9-2010 by debunky because: Quote mixup

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

It's like trying to convince a devoted Catholic that there's no god and Evolution is no longer a theory.

minor correction, tho i get your point. evolution is, and always will be, a theory. there is no higher rating.

as for maher, if you listen to him objectively, you will see that he is right in many areas. one thing that the conservatives are really good at is falling in line. progressives are too free minded to just agree cause the party does. why do you think so many dems will "cross the isle" in comparison to republicans? the cons want nothing but power and to make the ones in power look bad, hence there "just say no" approach to legislature. think about it, they dont want the gov to spend, but when asked what services they dont want, they cant name one. they want to privatize ss, which would truly be the death of it, just to help out their corporate sucklers. how about tax cuts for the rich? we already know that the rich pay an effective tax rate less than the rest of us (due to write-offs and deductions), so why not? now they want to return to the "guilded age" of no regulation at all. its amazing really how some can just let history pass them by and not learn from it.

edit on 18-9-2010 by stormson because: didnt put in a quote

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Funny how the ones who are racist always criticize the ones who call them out.

Funny how the ones who scream racist at the drop of a dime are almost always WRONG.

The Tea Baggers are racist, xenophobic, right-wing extremists who simply hate being called out for what they are.

Actually, they find it pathetic that the race card is continually pulled out when to do so is A LIE.
BTW ... wanting the best for your country isn't being 'xenophobic'.
I don't think you know the meaning of the word.

Originally posted by LarryLove
Tea Baggers and their ilk really don't like the idea of a black president....

What a surprise (NOT!) ... yet another anti-tea-partier who pulls the race card.

Sorry LarryLove .. is that all you guys have? Pulling the race card where it doesn't belong?

I don't see the Democrats out saying racist things.

Obama himself spent 20 years in an anti-white black-power cult that blamed white people for every problem on the planet. Obama himself, in his book, spewed racist remarks. His wifeypoo did throughout her pre-whitehouse time.

Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church
The Democrat Party's Long History of Racism
History News Network - Racist History of the Democrat Party
The Democratic Party's Legacy of Racism

This is a REALLY good article -
Institutionalized Racism and the Democratic Party

And of course we have the fact that the Democratic Party is massively in love with abortion 'rights' but fails to acknowledge that it is black genocide ... fails to acknowledge that the roots of abortion 'rights' came from Margaret Sanger ...a woman who hated black skinned people and wanted to thin out the herd.

abortion is black genocide

Human Events Article

Quotes from the article -

White Republicans nationally are 25 percentage points more likely on average to vote for the Democratic senatorial candidate when the GOP hopeful is black. ...In House races, white Democrats are 38 percentage points less likely to vote Democratic if their candidate is black."

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
So please, tell me...where is the logic in the Tea Party? I don't see it.

Hmmmm ..... you can't see that the calls for less useless spending by the government are logical? The Tea Party folks are equal opportunity bashers of idiots in gov't. Did ya' see what happened to Mike Castle in Delaware? They hate what Bush did financially, especially in his last two years in office. They've been very vocal about that. Guess you must have missed that, eh? (or did you chose to forget this fact??)

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Stop trying to act like the TP is a third party, because it's not. It's a bunch of angry Republicans who are bitter that their guy (and bimbo) lost the election.

Who exactly was 'their guy' who was running for POTUS? It wasn't McCain. Tea Party folks don't like him.

Originally posted by Son of Will
The Tea Party is dead.

Yeah right. That's why Tea Party candidate Christine O'Donnell just beat the pants off long time Republican (and Obama pet) Mike Castle for the Republican senate slot in Delaware ... because the Tea Party is 'dead'.

link   

Then it lost all credibility when it was hijacked by Palin, Freedom Works, FOX, Beck, Koch Brothers and others. Now they have Neocons and Christian Fundamentalists making up at least half of the movement.

Unfortunately it IS changing from what it was. It was originally a fantastic idea. Grass roots. By the people and for the people. Get rid of the 'good ol' boys' and the corrupt poltiicians and clean house. Reduce the waste in gov't. But now the far right fundamentalist christians are being very loud. I hope it doesn't change the course of the movement. We'll have to see as time goes on.

As for Beck .. when he was exposing political corruption he did a good job. He came off as a buffoon, but his facts were dead on. Now that he's getting into the religion things ... he'll gain some audience but a bunch of others will break off.

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Dear God! Sarah Palin was a terrible governor in Alaska.

Her approval rating in Alaska was up in the 70% range. Alaskans liked her.

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Why do you support Sarah Palin?

She isn't qualified to be POTUS .. but she's more qualified than Obama. Spooky fact .. frightening truth.
She's got a right to make speeches and have an influence in American politics.
'Toleration' isn't just to the idiots who think man made global warming is real .. it's for everyone.

Originally posted by Ignorance_Defier
I mean seriously come on now. Just look at the tea party people!

I mean seriously come on now. Just look at the Obamatrons wanting a free handout!
www.youtube.com...

Originally posted by Riposte
So can someone tell me how I can criticize Obama without being called a racist?

You can't. It's almost impossible.

So bud, why the hell are "conservatives" relaunching the Islamophia???

What do you mean 'relaunching'. Seems many on the far left have forgotten (or never understood to begin with) what Islam really is. Ya'll are soooo frightened of Christianity. But you give Islam a free pass. How odd.
List of Islamic Terror Attacks in the Past 2 Months

edit on 9/18/2010 by FlyersFan because: fixed post

link   
double post ... deleted

edit on 9/18/2010 by FlyersFan because: double post

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Whereas most of the founding fathers were fundamentalist christians.

Really?

"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness, that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind." - Thomas Paine

"As to Jesus ... I have ... some doubts as to his divinity; though it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an opportunity of knowing the truth with less trouble." - Benjamin Franklin

Note the presence of "a" in this one:
"Question with boldness even the existence of a god." - Thomas Jefferson

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So another left bashing right thread........call me surprised. Seems the left is upset with all of the hate from the right, yet they really have nothing but name calling and the race card on their own. Seems the left can't even follow the t&c on here, why would we expect it in the real world. As another poster asked and was ignored............how can you hate Obama, and not be a racist? Seems a simle question, yet I haven't seen any enlightened lefty's here answer it? Epic Fail!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
I didnt get passed the 1:30 mark, I didnt want to waste anymore of my time watching that tool.

do i agree with every sentence that comes out of his mouth?
no. but it is too bad you didn't hear what he had to say right after the 3:10 mark about A BLATENT and routine Glenn Beck Lie....

Common Good, if you are not willing to expand your bubble of information, and you are not willing or capable of leaving your comfort zone of intellectual input, you may miss out on a few well stated truisms.

you did not go past the 1:30 mark, so you did not hear something he said about what Glenn Beck said on the steps of the mall in D.C..

FACT CHECK: Glenn Beck with an audience of hundreds of thousands said that he had held the original of Washington's first inaugural address

At one point during his absurdly self-promotional rally on Saturday, Glenn Beck claimed, "I have been going to Mount Vernon. I went to the National Archives and I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington." But according to the National Archives, Beck's claim that he held Washington's original inaugural address just isn't true.

Are these the type of people you look up to?

If so, I am sorry for you.

is Glenn Beck the type of people you look up to?

if so, i do not feel sorry for you. lie lovers follow Glenn Beck, so long as his lies coincide with what they want to believe.

Glenn Beck Lies, and those who follow him are too preoccupied with their lives to fact check his lies

Video of Glenn Beck LYING at his "Restore Honor" rallly.

Glenn Beck is a repeat offender. Glenn Beck is a habitual liar.

Leave the comfort zone of living in lies. Cuz the whole truth is not in that tiny bubble.

Glenn Beck Lies,
et

edit on 18-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: learn to side step the abyss

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
What's really funny is that you people still think that there is a left and a right. The only nominee worth mentioning is Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zules

No matter how often you state that there is no difference between the "right" and the "left," it doesn't make it so. The difference between the two is more profound today than at any point in history.

I agree that both sides have problems with members who have been corrupted by lobbyist and special interest groups, but it is the republican/tea party that has become the mouthpiece for corporate special interest and greed. If you are not part of the wealthy elite class, then you have no voice in the republican party because they could care less about the rest of America. To them, nothing is more important than hanging on to their precious money.

I'm not a religious person but I can truthfully say that I would rather be a muslim than a republican any day of the week. In today's environment, there is nothing that could be more harmful to America than voting republican as they currently represent the biggest distortion of American values in political history.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Maybe there are too many bigots here... And thats why we can't see the big picture! Corruption is the issue, not Democrat or Republicans. Seems simple, stop the bribe takers, stop the hate filled rants, stop the corporate controlled media, stop excessive gov. Spending, lower taxes, let the people regain their sovereignty. Unfortunalty there are so many intolerant hate filled, narrowminded bigots they won't get off their computers and couches to vote! Vote the incumbents out. If it doesn't work then do it again next cycle. Stop polarizing because you don't agree. A gov. That can give you everything you want also has the power to take it away. Wake up and stop spewing hate it doesn't add to anything. (Unless of course your a bigot, in which case you can help yourself sleep at night)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Issues also matter.

Health care for all versus for the few

Concentrating on eliminating poverty and helping the middle class versus tax cuts for the rich

Woman’s right to choose versus anti-abortion laws

A sane foreign policy versus war mongering

A just labor and education policy versus abusive privatization of all aspects of society

Laws that limit abuse such as occurred in the housing and financial crises versus let them do what they please

The democratic agenda is half sanity the republican agenda is mostly ignorance and insanity.

Its just that simple.

edit on 18-9-2010 by inforeal because: typo

edit on 18-9-2010 by inforeal because: typo

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Substitute Catholics, Jews, Whites, Blacks, or IBM employees for Republicans in your statement. Just as an experiment Austin, and then look up bigot.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The endgame of the liberal/conservative divide?

To get the liberals and conservatives to kill each other.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Reply to post by inforeal

Okay had to respond

Once again the big picture
A 2000pg + healthcare reform bill which nobody read doesn't fix healthcare
Housing crisis was caused by corrput politicians Democrat and Republicans
The dept. Of education has been pushing a 'progressive' style education from its conception ( read the 'deliberate dumbing down of America' )
The mitlitary industrial complex cannot keep account for how much money!?!?!
The wealthy and elite apparently support either party from Soros to Koch. Gates to Buffet
If you can't see that both parties have good people and corrupt scum then your blind sorry to say it. Comments like one is more sane than the other don't carry any weight because the simple fact is- people are the problem. This is why its necessary to have seperation of powers and a limited goverment. We the people are the problem. Stop blaming, stop voting on party lines, and promote those men/women who have integrity.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join