It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheap repair jobs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
You gotta check out this site with some of the most outrageous do-it-yourself fix-it jobs of all time. Some are stupid, some are crazy and a few are just downright brilliant!

Its amazing what people can accomplish when they have to get it done but haven't got the proper resources to do the job right.

30 ridiculous repair jobs

Remember folks; Duct tape is your friend.

edit on 9/17/10 by FortAnthem because: kant spellll

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Am I the only one that thinks the shopping cart bike thing is actually a pretty good idea, he should be patenting that one!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I liked the one where they tipped over the shopping cart to grill a few steaks.

Shopping carts: they're not just for bag ladies anymore.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
That was awesome!

I love repairing stuff in this kind of scrappy manner. I have loads of stuff around my flat that is hanging on by a thread. It's much harder to get away with when you live with a woman though.

I literally will not throw something away until it's completely dead, and even then I will try to sell it or recycle!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I have a warning against bad repairs from my own life.

I used to drive around in a 1969 Triumph Spitfire that I fitted a modern LOUD stereo system to, unfortunately when I fitted the CD player into the dash I couldn't find anywhere to attach the back bracket to, so I ended up just bending the bracket in half and using it as a king of improvised leg that rested on the gearbox tunnel.

This worked out fine until one day I hit a big bump in the road, the bracket got spun around, the CD player dropped and the front broke off, it started blaring the radio at full volume "which was enough to make my ears bleed" while I was driving down a tiny quiet country road.
I desperately tried to yank the wires out of the CD and while I was distracted I hit a curb and buckled my suspension

Why I didn't think to pull over I don't know, I just panicked. That bad repair ended up costing me a lot of money

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Dude.

I would love to have seen that! Nice car btw

top topics

join