It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, I'm a beginner at contacting the paranornal, any tips please??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
thumbs up
ats has learned something obviously
forgive me for my quick rep
but its the only good answer 2 ur quistion

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

i don't generally try to contact the "spirit world" or whatever, and i'm by no means a medium. in fact, i think about 99% of mediums are fake. i'm not sure about my stance on whether there even IS a spirit world or not, but i know SOMETHING is out there and maybe you should leave it alone.

if you feel completely safe doing what you're doing, then by all means do so. but i think certain things shouldn't be tinkered with, and forcing yourself into another realm of existence seems like one of those things.
unless something strange comes to you, i think you should be more passive with your approach.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by modified

he freddy justy told u to lay offf

i was like u once

my whole life got f k ed
cause of this

if u want to spend ur life haunted i d say go ahead

i can givwe u tips on hoew to conttavt them
but i suggest u stay away from it
seriously

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I didn't read anyones replies here so I MIGHT be repeating someone. You want to TALK to them??
Here....get you a Sony ICD-B7 or a Sony ICD-B300 or better still a Panasonic RR-DR60 digital voice recorder. Download the free program called AUDACITY to use to enhance your recording uploads to your PC. I have all 3 recorders mentioned (and many,many more). My favorite (expensive and VERY rare is the RR-DR60) my second choice is the Sony ICD-B7 that can be had for $20 USED at ebay. You will need a stereo patch cable (3/8th") with a MONO (tip) STEREO (input) adapter. Use the adapter on the recorder headphone output so that you get FAKE stereo input to PC sound card (you want to hear the recorders mono output in BOTH headphones)--goes into microphone input on soundcard. Make your recordings and then later connect them to pc for review.....*headphones are a MUST to hear these voices as many times they are very weak. You DON'T want noise cancelling headphones, you want to hear the hiss (BEST cheapo's I use are NUMARK Hf125) *I prefer them over headphones costing hundreds of dollars...NO JOKE. I can also wear them for long hours without even knowing they are on my head. What we will be listening for here is called EVP....Electronic Voice Phenomenon. I have recorded HUNDREDS of voices...graveyards, homes,parks,country sides....ANYWHERE. You ask a question....wait for about 15 seconds to give them chance to speak, then ask more questions. Do this for 3 minute sessions (multiple sessions ok). Reason for 3 minutes...or short times is so that you don't get burnt out listening over you pc later....can really wear you out listening for long times
Only bad thing is that you don't get to hear them in real time (must upload to pc and LISTEN carefully). It took me about 10 days to get my FIRST answer. And now I get the voices about 80% of the time. Some CAN be as loud or louder than my voice at times....and you hear NOTHING while recording. Beware...not all answers will be GENTLE or nice
I've been cussed out and lied to. Have been asked to HELP on many occasions!! But they are people JUST LIKE US. So treat them with respect and usually you get that back in return. I've had my name called about 15 times, and thats just because they allready know it!! (been doing this for 1 year) and they have REPEATED phrases I have asked of them....Do much research on the EVP. Very factual and rewarding (the help me's will definatly pull at your heart at times). A very good idea is to set your recorders microphone setting on the HIGHEST, and your recording format at the LOWEST setting. This enables more hearing down into this so called "static" level were the voices are formed (in the white noise). Type in "clockdryve EVP" at google and you might be able to hear some of my EVP's that I have captured. Word of Note....it takes TIME to learn how to hear these voices sometimes. They don't just stick right out easily for the most part. But as I have mentioned--sometimes they can be very LOUD. :There are many other recorders that work for this too. I've just mentioned a few. BEST quality is not always the best thing here. Cheap is GOOD. Probably the most important thing to remember is that sometimes you run into "tricksters". They are people that will lie to you on a subject or tell you they are someone (or answer FOR) a certaiin other person. But not always....I have talked with family. But don't be saddened if you can't hear them. There are MANY reasons why you won't hear them. I've have not been able to hear my mother in quite a while?? But she has came in a few times. I once was trying to get ahold of a person for another guy (the mans name was John), I was trying to reach Henry (his father)....the spirit I contacted said "tell John to kill himself". Soooooo, that is one of those tricksters. Silly people everywhere. YEP

edit on 22-9-2010 by clockdryve because: typos and added more info

edit on 22-9-2010 by clockdryve because: more typos

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Now that I got that out of my system (two finger typing boys) Hehe.....I'll continue above and read what others had to say

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Y'know what I hate? When someone asks the question "How do I experience the paranormal?", all they get is "d000000d u dnt wnt 2 go ther". If you know so much about the paranormal, tell him how to experience the paranormal. It's that simple. If something bad happens, it's a lesson learned. If nothing bad happens, then it's a success.

Seriously, everyone misrepresents the paranormal. "Ooooooh, there are demons willing to eat you alive and play Burzum in your mind for 20 days, where your mind will break, and you'll sit in a mental ward playing Running With the Devil on your air guitar for 30 years". Why not tell people about the positives? Why not just disclose the instructions?

This is why the "sensitive" people annoy the hell out of me. Some people want to train up these sensations, so help them out, instead of scaring them off.
BRAVO!! To many people scared of the unknown....I was surprised to hear so many people on this site saying "stay away". Hmmmmm......maybe THEY have something to learn

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Like I said before.. there is just so much FEAR being shown in the responses here.

True. If you're weak and fearful, whatever you contact will prey on that weakness and fear. If you stand up for yourself, show some gumption and strength, you won't have any problems. Just like in "real" life. Like creates like. It's pretty simple.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i'm a little offended by comments addressing people who are scared or hesitant about contacting the dead. this is such a careful subject; i don't imagine you would want anyone to just barge into your house and start asking questions, would you? i think "ghosts" or "spirits" or whatever would feel the same. i just think the whole thing should be approached with some respect and patience. it has nothing to do with how much experience one person has or doesn't have; the only point i was trying to make is that you shouldn't just EXPECT good things to happen, or for that matter, ANYTHING to happen. it's up to whoever is on the "other side" to respond and how to respond. and there are dangerous things out there. that's all. :|

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
fear maybe
but with good reason
there are many spirits around
they dont act like us,with a reason
believe me u dont wanna go there
but feel free to do so
there isnt anybody scared
just trying to give u some good advice

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
People don't like "don't do it" ... yeah that was the first problem wasn't it?

Anyhow, here's my take.

It's there ... the spirit world ... parallel universe filled with ... spirits and such. Bordering our world, but very clearly not part of ours. Just like we border them, but clearly are not part of them ... yet.

Now there are probably some "nice guys" that side, there's also some "bad guys" too. The problem is, you won't know the difference. The other problem is, the bad guys will know exactly what you are, and how best to take advantage of that. They will also be able to appear good, tell you half lies, and essentially take control of you. manipulate you.

You do not "win" anything on the other side, the only win if you get back alive. And if you get back alive, you'll probably have brought some "spirits" with you. They'll want certain things when they get here, energy really. Your energy. your girlfriend's energy, anyone's really. It's a one way street, that you can never win, all you will get is a bad experience.

So sure, go speak at the dead. Trust me they'll answer you. You may as well walk into a really rough bar believing you won't ACTUALLY get beaten up or anything, you just want to "look". It doesn't work that way, tough bar types actually enjoy having punching bags like that walk in, and calling people "scared" for not going to "look" ... well not much to say about that.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

well i havent read the other replies yet however you articulated and so clrearly explained something that ive experienced before that the first thing i did was laugh a bit. i think i thought back to my frustation and somehow laughed at it. anyways i didnt mean it to you and im glad to help a bit although some of the other replies may have already helped in wayz far beyond my experineces.

the harder you try the less it worked i think you said. there is a complex reason why this holds true however not all of the explanation is a priority for you current directed desired pathz

the HARDER you TRY the MORE you are TRYING to CONNECT to SPIRITz in the WAY that you have ALREADY PRECONCIEVED within your MIND in PAST TIME

the path most use to navagate around this situaion is they need to spend time and energy FOCUSING on CONNECTING to SPIRITz with NO EXPECTATIONz of how and why they will CONNECT to you

let them GUIDE you. do not let them guide you towards something and then RUN ahead of them to that SOMETHING that SOMETHING may not even be what you think it is because you could of seen something FRIENDLY and then used PRECONCIEVED images to create what it was you saw in the SPLIT second of your mindz EYEz

i remember how i first began to experience spirits via summoning them was i intentionally created expectationz that i wanted to do deep breathing and meditative exercises with my mindz thoughts as well as deep breathing in addition to having my eyez closed but closed with a energy of force of comfort. i then created expectationz that if i did happen to run into any spirits instead of RUSHING them as i usually did and coming to the conclusion that it was only a brief figment of my imagination i would instead try to resist being DISTRACTED by whatever it was that i WITNESSED

furthermore i created thought programz whereby even if i became convinced that there seemed to be a AWARNESS reflecting back and forth to me i still would remain very cautious witch is very much against my specific naturez for the most part so this took alot of effort on my part

luckily im stubborn so i pulled it off and remember intentionally not even DIRECTLY STARING at something that i NORMALLY would of gone ape shyte over with distraction of full stare. instead i kept only checking it out with my PERIFERIal visionz while i ebbed and flowed between continuing the deep breathing and checking out what it was continuing to do

then of course the OPPOSITE occours. instead of wanting something to happen so badly and not having anything happening things can begin happening so quickly that you can not keep track of everything that is going on HOWEVER that is rushing things because im talking about after i kinda got the hang of it and got to know some common signz of communicationz to send back and forth with the spirit in the coming many moments if nessesary without getting lost in the crowd

then other future problemz arise such as becoming truthfully aware of so many spiritual eyez on you at one time that you feel your skin crawl before you can even attempt to calm yourself. first time it happened to me without even being aware of it i DENIED the entire 45 min medation even existed and got up and walked out of the room and had a beer and turned on a mindless television show and absorbed myself so intensely i actually enjoyed a infomercial. nearly bought the dam thing for a half second. anywayz the point is that i got used to it over a period of time as i went back again and again and it was not uncommon for me to FLINCH everytime i witnessed all the millionz of eyez on me. i finally began to make fun of it before it was about to happen witch seemed to CHANGE the entire experience and create a calmness between myself and the intensity i percieved all the eyez staring at me

anywayz that a lil, i will go and try to read some of the other replies before i try to think of anything else that may or may not help you

of course you have probably hear plenty of warning also. i would try hard not to take them too personally like i did. i think every warning you read you should try to simply understand that alot of thingz that ONE encounters in the SPIRITUAL world can not be EASILY WIPED from your concious self in future. therefore you may end up becoming aware of something that NOW you wish you didnt even know because it may make it harder for you to deal with NORMAL earth reality stuff. mind you if you let the spirits guide you they in my experiencez never guided me TOWARDz stuff like that infact they alwayz guided me away from it and thats alot of the times i became curious and resisted their focus. looking back i was a real jackass and i made alot of mistakes and went through alot of needless skitzophrenia before i went back with total terrorfied humility and surprisingly as long as i could maintain the concious awareness that i was a total jackass that was messing up his entire life and needed to TRUST in others, well surprisingly my life slowly began bit by bit stitching itself back up. i sometimes act kewl with what ive been through but then i remember how in the end i went BEGGING, confused, desperate, out of control and TERRORFIED back to them to sort me out and only after i began calmly praying did i start to feel i wasnt completely loosing my mind. in a way its made me feel closer to nature because i was convinced that i had been abandoned in a hell of a twisted inescapable reality that i could not handle or deal with and i was convinced i would shortly have to kill myself to stop it as it was not even a hard choice for me to consider when it got really bad. suicide litterally at certain pointz made perfect sense. so much so that im convinced if a shrink or a NORMAL dude could sit in the FEELING at the INTENTSITIY level whereby it makes SENSE and also in making sense creates the ENERGY and the ACTIONz to complete it, yeah im sure if they could feel that level of intensity for just a few secondz they would all say, "oh holy crap thats not a choice, that is ones own nature ordering them to kill themself, boy i guess we should think twice before we judge those that have takin their own livez in the past. they may truthfullly not deserve RESPECT however the way i WITNESSED it they do not DESERVE our DIS-RESPECT. one would of course have to feel it first before they could ever create a perception of it that was close to realistic. ok happy spirit hunting

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by emitreppots
reply to post by john124

well i havent read the other replies yet however you articulated and so clrearly explained something that ive experienced before that the first thing i did was laugh a bit. i think i thought back to my frustation and somehow laughed at it. anyways i didnt mean it to you and im glad to help a bit although some of the other replies may have already helped in wayz far beyond my experineces.

the harder you try the less it worked i think you said. there is a complex reason why this holds true however not all of the explanation is a priority for you current directed desired pathz

the HARDER you TRY the MORE you are TRYING to CONNECT to SPIRITz in the WAY that you have ALREADY PRECONCIEVED within your MIND in PAST TIME

the path most use to navagate around this situaion is they need to spend time and energy FOCUSING on CONNECTING to SPIRITz with NO EXPECTATIONz of how and why they will CONNECT to you

let them GUIDE you. do not let them guide you towards something and then RUN ahead of them to that SOMETHING that SOMETHING may not even be what you think it is because you could of seen something FRIENDLY and then used PRECONCIEVED images to create what it was you saw in the SPLIT second of your mindz EYEz

i remember how i first began to experience spirits via summoning them was i intentionally created expectationz that i wanted to do deep breathing and meditative exercises with my mindz thoughts as well as deep breathing in addition to having my eyez closed but closed with a energy of force of comfort. i then created expectationz that if i did happen to run into any spirits instead of RUSHING them as i usually did and coming to the conclusion that it was only a brief figment of my imagination i would instead try to resist being DISTRACTED by whatever it was that i WITNESSED

furthermore i created thought programz whereby even if i became convinced that there seemed to be a AWARNESS reflecting back and forth to me i still would remain very cautious witch is very much against my specific naturez for the most part so this took alot of effort on my part

luckily im stubborn so i pulled it off and remember intentionally not even DIRECTLY STARING at something that i NORMALLY would of gone ape shyte over with distraction of full stare. instead i kept only checking it out with my PERIFERIal visionz while i ebbed and flowed between continuing the deep breathing and checking out what it was continuing to do

then of course the OPPOSITE occours. instead of wanting something to happen so badly and not having anything happening things can begin happening so quickly that you can not keep track of everything that is going on HOWEVER that is rushing things because im talking about after i kinda got the hang of it and got to know some common signz of communicationz to send back and forth with the spirit in the coming many moments if nessesary without getting lost in the crowd

then other future problemz arise such as becoming truthfully aware of so many spiritual eyez on you at one time that you feel your skin crawl before you can even attempt to calm yourself. first time it happened to me without even being aware of it i DENIED the entire 45 min medation even existed and got up and walked out of the room and had a beer and turned on a mindless television show and absorbed myself so intensely i actually enjoyed a infomercial. nearly bought the dam thing for a half second. anywayz the point is that i got used to it over a period of time as i went back again and again and it was not uncommon for me to FLINCH everytime i witnessed all the millionz of eyez on me. i finally began to make fun of it before it was about to happen witch seemed to CHANGE the entire experience and create a calmness between myself and the intensity i percieved all the eyez staring at me

anywayz that a lil, i will go and try to read some of the other replies before i try to think of anything else that may or may not help you

of course you have probably hear plenty of warning also. i would try hard not to take them too personally like i did. i think every warning you read you should try to simply understand that alot of thingz that ONE encounters in the SPIRITUAL world can not be EASILY WIPED from your concious self in future. therefore you may end up becoming aware of something that NOW you wish you didnt even know because it may make it harder for you to deal with NORMAL earth reality stuff. mind you if you let the spirits guide you they in my experiencez never guided me TOWARDz stuff like that infact they alwayz guided me away from it and thats alot of the times i became curious and resisted their focus. looking back i was a real jackass and i made alot of mistakes and went through alot of needless skitzophrenia before i went back with total terrorfied humility and surprisingly as long as i could maintain the concious awareness that i was a total jackass that was messing up his entire life and needed to TRUST in others, well surprisingly my life slowly began bit by bit stitching itself back up. i sometimes act kewl with what ive been through but then i remember how in the end i went BEGGING, confused, desperate, out of control and TERRORFIED back to them to sort me out and only after i began calmly praying did i start to feel i wasnt completely loosing my mind. in a way its made me feel closer to nature because i was convinced that i had been abandoned in a hell of a twisted inescapable reality that i could not handle or deal with and i was convinced i would shortly have to kill myself to stop it as it was not even a hard choice for me to consider when it got really bad. suicide litterally at certain pointz made perfect sense. so much so that im convinced if a shrink or a NORMAL dude could sit in the FEELING at the INTENTSITIY level whereby it makes SENSE and also in making sense creates the ENERGY and the ACTIONz to complete it, yeah im sure if they could feel that level of intensity for just a few secondz they would all say, "oh holy crap thats not a choice, that is ones own nature ordering them to kill themself, boy i guess we should think twice before we judge those that have takin their own livez in the past. they may truthfullly not deserve RESPECT however the way i WITNESSED it they do not DESERVE our DIS-RESPECT. one would of course have to feel it first before they could ever create a perception of it that was close to realistic. ok happy spirit hunting

It seems like jhon may have found what he wasw looking for i wonder where hes at?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
in search of the paranormal ?

i do not recommend a graveyard as a resource, although a graveyard is filled with the Earthly remains of 'Loved Ones'... these places are the sink drain for the macabe and the gruesome aspects of the collective subconscious... not a nice place to frolic or flourish in.

Now, you might be attracted to the Goths, the subculture of people fixiated on stuff like vampires, wax museums, and trinkets/reporoductions from the Inquisition era....
none of that is paranormal...in the sense of ESP, Spirituality, or non-ordinary reality...

do as you will but harm no one

side note:
read up on Harry Houdini, he became fixated on the contact with the spiritworld, he found nothing but frauds doing the seances', the mediums were hoaxters employing illusions & trickery... he went to his death with a vow to make his Spirit presence known on Halloween(s)... his determined vow has never yet been fufilled... his ghost remains locked in the spirit realm.
perhaps he was not adept enough to pull off the spirit >-< human contact

edit on 24-9-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Personally i wouldn't try this with no prior experience.
I've heard of so many people who have let the wrong spirits into their life and haven't been able to get rid of them.
But it's your life.
Do as you please.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

in search of the paranormal ?

i do not recommend a graveyard as a resource, although a graveyard is filled with the Earthly remains of 'Loved Ones'... these places are the sink drain for the macabe and the gruesome aspects of the collective subconscious... not a nice place to frolic or flourish in.

Now, you might be attracted to the Goths, the subculture of people fixiated on stuff like vampires, wax museums, and trinkets/reporoductions from the Inquisition era....
none of that is paranormal...in the sense of ESP, Spirituality, or non-ordinary reality...

do as you will but harm no one

side note:
read up on Harry Houdini, he became fixated on the contact with the spiritworld, he found nothing but frauds doing the seances', the mediums were hoaxters employing illusions & trickery... he went to his death with a vow to make his Spirit presence known on Halloween(s)... his determined vow has never yet been fufilled... his ghost remains locked in the spirit realm.
perhaps he was not adept enough to pull off the spirit >-< human contact

edit on 24-9-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

Guess your right a grave yard would be not so cool huh!
I really wanted him to do it ,i guess he isnt as lucky to live on top of one let alone a hospital that ounce was here...bummer .he would of enjoyed it.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
[edit] OK nevermind. This was a really cool post in which I actually advised using an Ouja board, but oh well...sometimes, reading the OP is really handy

edit on 24-9-2010 by -Thom- because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Thom-
[edit] OK nevermind. This was a really cool post in which I actually advised using an Ouja board, but oh well...sometimes, reading the OP is really handy

i wish i had a real authentic ouja boared.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Originally posted by -Thom-

i wish i had a real authentic ouja boared.

You can bid on them at eBay all day long....even find some antique old wooden ones

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
yeah, uh, stop trying. you are wasting your time. those people who claim to do this kind of stuff are lying.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Their voices are only words. They can't harm you if you don't listen. I think there are lots of negative ideas about not talking to them by people that just dont trust anyone....How do you KNOW your taking a RISK by trying to talk to the Spirits by recording them......?? Have you tried it? Okay....well MAYBE they can change your IDEAS about life, make you think deeply about them (spirits) at difficult times (CAREFUL WHEN YOU DRIVE), and make you sound like a "crack pot" to people that you try to educate about this STRANGE world of the unseen that is everywhere around us (and you can TALK to them). But Hey...if you fear or don't trust, then this isn't for you. I've heard of nobody thats been hurt from this (except for feelings getting hurt when SOMETIMES they ask for help) *makes me feel sad when this happens-ALWAYS. But I do get a laugh (they can be funny), and feelings of satisfaction that I am doing something that OTHERS wish they knew about
And constantly AMAZED everytime I hear them. To this day...it doesn't seem possible. But I don't suggest TRYING to contact anything Negative. Who knows..........you just might be dragged off somewhere!! I was possessed once (years before doing the evp research) and my body was swelling up like I was going to explode. My chest felt was soon to Bust!! But I talked my way out of it, with the help of someone above. I also died back when I was 20 years old (now 47) and saw the tunnel...light and talked to someone in the darkness. His Voice had a wonderful calming Echo. Told me it "wasn't my time to go". (long story). Also saw 3 UFO's shaped like Saturn back during that Comet (2nd one during those years when had one after another). During that *Heavens Gate Suicide*. They were flying in a perfect V formation....and I said to myself 'I thought these things were supposed to be able to travel at weird, odd angles that we couldn't handle' and at that very moment I finished my sentance.....the one behind and to the left of the leader ZOOMED up and back and forth in front of leader 3 times then right back to his original distance in the formation!! My jaw dropped
Saw them for a total of about 15-20 seconds with they just flat out dissapeared (like lights shut off) about 4 seconds after that one zigged-zagged. Their color was an orangish-yellow GLOW like the color of fire. I've seen a FEW other things too
So I'm not a total NEWBIE. (full body figure Shadow Person, 2 small ghost , another time saw 2 fingers wrapped around a partly opened door....had scales instead of skin---with long fingernails with black lines in them----3 ft away from me) and I have developed Xray film once while in the navy with my finger tips (made about 30 thumb sized white orbs on the film)....pissed the Corpman off as he didn't know what happened
Haha, And I never told him. Wished I would of asked for the xray...i'm sure he would of gave it to me. But always be careful in anything you do guys. As for DISTURBING them.....it is a joint effort here guys, and they WANT to contact US as bad as we want to get ahold of them. But as with people on THIS side....some will be PISSED no matter what. Just forget about them and they won't continue. Like attracts like. Here's and easier one to hear (I still suggest headphones) all from "clockdryve" at this site and anywhere online are EVP's that I have recorded. www.itcbridge.com...

edit on 25-9-2010 by clockdryve because: spelling corrections

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join