It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Democratic campaign slogan: "You may hate us, but GOP is worse!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well heck, with a slogan like that how can they lose, right?

Dems to voters: You may hate us, but GOP is worse

WASHINGTON – With just six weeks to avoid a possible election catastrophe, Democrats are trying to limit the damage with a closing argument that's more plea than platform: We know you voters are furious with us, but just let us explain why the Republicans would be worse.

The strategy requires an autumn influx of voters willing to view the election as a choice between two imperfect parties — and imperfect candidates on each ballot line — rather than as a chance to slap the Washington establishment that the public seems to dislike so deeply.

Democratic candidates want to convince these voters that no matter how much they hate the status quo, they would be worse off under a Republican Party that hasn't learned from its mistakes and is lurching ever harder to the right.

"This needs to be a choice, not a referendum" on the Democratic-led Congress and Obama administration, said Erik Smith, a Democratic campaign adviser.

Matt Bennett, vice president of the Democratic-leaning group Third Way, cites polls finding that most voters, despite an overall anger with the establishment, support Democrats on many specific issues, such as tax cuts for the wealthy. Democratic House and Senate candidates, he said, should constantly tell voters "there's only two choices, there's no other."

AP

Yep, there's only two choices for us voters this year; either Kang or Kodos, you decide who you want to be in bondage to for the next two years.

Seriously though, I hope garbage like this finally wakes up enough voters to the fact that the two party system is broken and we need to start voting for third party candidates who really represent the American people instead of these party establishment cronies.

edit on 9/17/10 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Just Vote for the Tea Party Canidates then . Just Left of the Middle , and Right On ..............

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think that both parties have failed to ultimately realize that the will of the people is not at one party or the other. It is at both, and especially at the incumbents who have made a career of being in office for most of their lives. From what the polls are reflecting, is that they do not want another politician who is going to get into office and do nothing. Even Republican incumbents are in danger of losing their seats. And this add that is put out by the Democratic party only shows the height of arrogence on their part to state that the other guy or someone new would not make a difference? That is not only arrogant, but ultimately ignorant and fully failing to understand why the general voting population is upset with their performance. For as long as the Democrats had held the majority, and for as intelligent as they are, the really sad thing is that they have lost of ultimately what really matters in the long run, the voter for who they are suppose to represent. And when you combine that with how they treated the public during the health care debate, it was going to lead to diseaster for them at the polls.
So the real question is in November what will really happen, as right now it is up in the air how things are going to go. If the public decides that it likes the way things are going, then they are going to keep the democrats in power and in office,but and this should be a wake up call to the federal government, if the republicans get back into control over the congress, this will send a message to the federal governemtn that the people are really upset.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well the GOP would be worse, it's true. Just listen to them.

They want to take us back to the days of the Bushes and Ronald Reagan. Under those administrations there were massive tax cuts for the richest 2% of the population but tax hikes for the middle class, which was supposed to carry the whole financial burden of the government. Under the Republican rule of Reagan the deficit skyrocketed. Reagan raised the deficit more than any other president in history. He was also the president who preached the doctrine of "trickle" down prosperity, which resulted in the rich getting richer but the middle class shrinking. It is pretty much proven that "trickle down" economics, or what the first Bush called "voodoo economics," doesn't work. For every $100 in tax breaks that is given to businesses, the government recoups only $40 dollars of increased economic activity.

In short, the Republicans have no new ideas. At least the Democrats have many positive changes in the works and would have more if the Republicans didn't stymie them at every turn. They don't want any changes in the status quo and are fighting to take us backward.

If people are frustrated with the Dems it's because they are not moving fast enough, not that the changes they were elected to enact have been rejected.

edit on 17-9-2010 by Sestias because: Revision

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hey OP, you know what the BEST ENDORSEMENT could ever be?

Being attacked by BOTH the Dems and the Repubs!

Have you heard, Pelosi, Obama, Reid, and other Dems have decided to join up with the Tea Party. Now they are calling for Tax Cuts!

Only problem is, that they are not calling for Tax Cuts, they are calling for no Tax Increases.

What Orwellian Nightmare did I wake up in that the MSM, has not started calling them on THIS?! Oh, what was I thinking!?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It has always been that way. No third party will ever happen in the United States so you'se can forget about it. We just have to change these two parties. All I have to say to that is... good luck!

I'm voting this November that's for damn sure, there is absolutely no way I will stand by and not vote to let these Tea-Hadists take over my country!
I encourage all you Progressives out there to do the same, the title of the OP is the truth, do you really want Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader McConnell?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

So, after stating that the two parties are the same, you are going to vote Democratic.

So, you just proved the OP's contention, that the Dems are stating that they are "supposedly" less worse than the Repubs.

Thanks again for playing the Dem Repub paradigm.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by Misoir

So, after stating that the two parties are the same, you are going to vote Democratic.

I did not state they are the same, I just said neither are good.

So, you just proved the OP's contention, that the Dems are stating that they are "supposedly" less worse than the Repubs.

That is because they Are Less Worse Than The Repubs

Thanks again for playing the Dem Repub paradigm.

What other paradaigm are you offering me? We don't have any other choice that is realistic.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

LOL

That's sure to win some elections.

I'm personally voting straight down the anarchist ticket this time around.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Hey, they do not have any of those here, we only have some Libertarians here. Funny how one of the "secure" Dems is feeling the heat. Ol Russ boy is pulling out all the mud in this election year.

Me want some true anarchy.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It doesn't have anything to do with party lines,
The good ole boys need to GO
VOTI

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There is never a good choice when it comes to government: only varying degrees of terrible.

Voting for either of these two political parties is akin to fussing over the tie a man wears during his funeral... does it really matter at this point? Both accompany him to the same place. This country is F*ed, hard, if we the people don't start taking all of their elected officials to task regardless of their gang colors.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by mnemeth1

Hey, they do not have any of those here, we only have some Libertarians here. Funny how one of the "secure" Dems is feeling the heat. Ol Russ boy is pulling out all the mud in this election year.

Me want some true anarchy.

I don't see how a So-called Libertarian can truly hate Russ Feingold. Other than Ron Paul he is closest to defending the Constitution. He has strictly opposed Corporate Campaign donations, he staunchly opposed Iraq war and was one of only few Congressman to vote against Patriot Act.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I am tired of both of them. After 8 years of total chaotic, corrupt, power hungry, greedy and all around bad politicians I would of almost voted for anyone just to remove the republicans. Then Obama came and seemed to make it an easy choice for me, until a few months later when I suddenly was reminded that Demo's are also corrupt, power hungry, greedy, all around bad politicians. S&F.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yes, he does have a pretty good voting record. Almost good enough for me to back him. Until he voted for the HC unConstitutional Bill and he thought Economic takeover bill did not go far enough. That pretty much sealed his fate in my eyes.

Yes, he is one of he few Dems that are NOT progressive. I do like that about him. But 28 years in government is too much. Time to get the career politicians out.

top topics

join