It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endangered Asian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Endangered Unicorn

edition.cnn.com

Scientists have confirmed the first sighting in more than a decade of one of the world's rarest animals
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-9-2010 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
So, Unicorns are real.
Man! captured it.
and guess what?
it is now DEAD!
why can manunkind just leave things alone???

"The death of this saola is unfortunate," the Provincial Conservation Unit of Bolikhamxay province said in the IUCN statement. "But at least it confirms an area where it still occurs and the government will immediately move to strengthen conservation efforts there."

so they are off to kill any more out there.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well it has two horns, not one, but I agree they should have left it alone. It's a tragedy they decided to haul it around until it died.

People are so out of touch with nature anymore. What possessed them to "capture" it in the first place? Let me guess, they were probably surprised when it died on them.

Tell them to stay close to town from now on.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

First discovered in 1992, the saola is considered critically endangered, its numbers so few that biologists have never witnessed one in the wild. Fewer than a few hundred saolas are believed to roam the Annamite Mountains of Laos and Vietnam. There are none in captivity.

The rarity of the saola, which resembles an African antelope but it more closely related genetically to wild cattle, gives it mythical status in some circles, according to the IUCN.

The saola, although it has two horns, may be the basis of the mythical Chinese unicorn, the qilin, although it is unknown if saolas ever existed in China.

Well, no need to embellish the truth - it's not a Unicorn. It doesn't even look remotely like a unicorn, it looks more like a antelope but closely related to wild cattle.

It's endangered, I understand that so they should have left it alone, but they didn't actually kill it - it'd died after they captured it.

They may aswell have killed it, but technically they didn't and they had no intention to.

After reading your posts I was curios about the mythical unicorn being discovered and savage hunters had slaughtered it for a trophy item.

Certainly not what I read in the article.

"The death of this saola is unfortunate," the Provincial Conservation Unit of Bolikhamxay province said in the IUCN statement. "But at least it confirms an area where it still occurs and the government will immediately move to strengthen conservation efforts there."

This is a good thing, isn't it? If they can do it... who knows in this world full of greed and people willing to buy anything as long as they are the only ones to have it.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Here is a picture

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2d5e0818885.jpg[/atsimg]

Visit this thread To read about a whole bunch of other endangered or extinct animals.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Aww, I wanted to say "What do you know, unicorns do exist?" but it's not a unicorn; its a douicorn.

top topics

join